Yeah - new habits

Options
caribougal
caribougal Posts: 865 Member
So my morning didn't go as planned, and I ran out of time to make myself breakfast. I considered grabbing a cooked chicken breast to chow in the car, but decided against it, figuring it would be an IF morning. But, by the time I finished dropping kids at camp, I was pretty hungry.

The old me would have stopped at Einstein's Bagels and bought a bagel thin with lox and cream cheese and a coffee with splenda and half/half for $8. I might have also bought a bagel or wrap sandwich for lunch... probably spending $15.

The new me had made coffee at home (no splenda, half/half from local dairy) packed lunch, and I had a really ripe avocado in there. I stopped at Whole Foods and picked up a container of spicy cooked shrimp and a can of pure coconut water for $7. My shrimp and avocado breakfast was filling and delicious. And I still have plenty left for lunch... beef stir fry with kelp noodle leftovers and berries.

Feeling good about my choices!

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That's outstanding!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Great job! It sounds very tasty! I always laugh when people say it's too expensive to eat well, but I spend way less money on real, healthy food than I used to spend on fast food.
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Totally! I spend way less now too.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Update: I'm not a fan of the coconut water. It's unsweetened and the only ingredient is coconut water, but it's terribly sweet. Maybe my tastes have changed. Not worth the 50 cal, 13g carb, 12g sugar. When you crack open a coconut, I don't think the juice is that sweet, is it? I wonder if they cook it down or something.

I do like the name of it, though. C2O. Catchy.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    When we cracked open a coconut, I recall the coconut water being fairly sweet. Mmm.. that was tasty-- drizzled dark chocolate chips mixed with coconut oil over the coconut meat. YUM.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am not really a fan of the coconut water either, I tried it because some people on here are crazy about it! I didn't find it overly sweet, I found it had a strange...cream taste to it. Maybe it's because I have been without dairy for so long, but I felt like I was drinking something that in days gone by, I would have added to my coffee.

Either way, won't be buying it again I don't think. At least I tried it!