Gained 2 lbs

Options
tseena
tseena Posts: 8 Member
I lost 4 pounds and staying on the same diet and increasing my workout I have gained two pounds. I just started on iodine pills at my acupuncturist suggestion. I did an old iodine test and found I was VERY low on iodine. I crate salt and can not taste it. Nothing is ever to salty for me. I have been feeling so good then on the scale today I gained back two pounds. I have 80 pounds to lose so this is really disappointing.

Replies

• Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just have a few questions to get a little bit better of an idea. How long have you been on this new workout schedule? Also, how frequently did you weigh yourself between those fluctuations?

I also really crave salt and my weight fluctuates a lot because of it. I do try to watch my salt intake through the food diary, but it's tough! I good way to help reduce your salt intake is to reduce your processed foods. Canned soups, frozen dinners, etc. have a lot of added sodium. It's much easier to control your salt if you're adding it yourself.

Your fluctuation most likely is a combination of water weight and muscle inflammation from exercising, but without knowing the timeframe, it's hard to say. As long as you're seeing a downward trend over time, I wouldn't raise the alarm. Those of us with thyroid issues have to be patient because it takes so much longer to see a change.
  • tseena
    tseena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Annie,

I just started the 30 day shred this week and I have been steadily riding bikes with my husband on the trails for two weeks. I also just started on a new sleep medication and the iodine pills this week as well. I have a terrible time losing weight. I weigh my self almost everyday at the gym (I work out there at lunch).

Thanks again for the support.
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's great that you're doing all that! I'm a little envious of all that energy!:laugh:

If you keep up the hard work exercising and keeping an eye on your diet, I think you'll find the weight will start to come off. Remember slow and steady wins the race.

Good luck!
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just found this group tonight :) I can fluctuate a much as 5 pounds from Monday to Friday just by what I have been eating, only to lose it all and some over the weekend.. Water, sodium, iodine, and I'm a mess of weight gain.

another idea to consider for the salt craving is look for potassium chloride salt substitutes. No sodium, salt taste. Personally I start munching celery sticks. A natural salty taste to me.