Breakfast

Options
I know they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I always have problems with it. I seem to never know the "right things to eat." I am trying to boost my protein and energy in the morning because it seems like the last several months my energy has been severely lacking. Any suggestions?

Replies

• vidalar
    vidalar Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you like. I think some raw almonds and a Granny Smith apple are quick and easy and hold me over until lunchtime (especially if I drink enough water).
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Dearest Amber. They say breakfast should be 30-35% of your total cals... which really sucks for those of us who don't generally eat breakfast. I usually some sort of fruit- a banana or handful of grapes lately- and then either string cheese or yogurt sometimes kashi cereal (high in fiber). This is nowhere near 30% of my cals- just can't eat that much- but think of something tastey and easy to grab in the morning. I even eat my cereal dry sometimes because I'm late for work. I would be happy to go over a menu with you if you would like :)
  • zumbatastic
    Options
    Mezz,
    Yep, we have got to work out this menu thing and then healthier versions of family meals for the fam like we talked the other night. I can't get in the swing of making eggs or something that takes too much time for breakfast.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Mezz,
    Yep, we have got to work out this menu thing and then healthier versions of family meals for the fam like we talked the other night. I can't get in the swing of making eggs or something that takes too much time for breakfast.

Do you really think I wake up in the morning and make eggs? I think you know me a little bit better than that. I roll out of bed, get dressed, and go where ever it is I'm supposed to be. We can work out some easy quick things for you!
  • lovemysoldier2010
    Options
    I like to do some whole grain toast with a tbs of peanut butter with a fruit. I feel like I get some of everything then.
  • zumbatastic
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone!! It is nice to mix it up some :-)