MyFitnessPal Settings for Waitstaff

Options
First post to my new group and I hope someone will join me and help me out. :smile:

As a server, with an unusual schedule and circumstances I'm not sure of the best way to set my profile settings.

I work at an extremely busy restaurant 2-3 days a week, 8-10 hours with no break. The rest of the week I do web design and would consider my life sedentary. So I guess you could say I'm sort of a hybrid. Lol :huh:

In this case, how would you adjust your settings/exercise?
Tom

Replies

• Jackeline0901
    Jackeline0901 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya'! Hostess. 4 days a week. Unusual hours. I get you. The last thing you want after a weekend of aching feet is to go to the gym. I'm in the same situation and I want help finding balance.
  • amtruax
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a GSA at a hotel/restaurant, on my feet 40+ hours a week, but I'm in school 3 nights a week (3 hour classes each), and have an hour long commute each direction daily, so there's also tons of sitting. I put that I was "lightly active" since I walk around a lot, but I'm not doing a lot of lifting, climbing or strenuous activity.
  • Tip20
    Tip20 Posts: 10
    Options
    EXACTLY Jackeline! It is so hard to motivate to work out when your feet ache so much from the night before!

I think I am going to go with "Lightly Active" for a while too... Seems to make the most sense. And I won't count work as work-outs! Just bonus calories burned I guess!

Welcome you guys to our new group!
  • Tip20
    Options
    Surprised there aren't more here, but it's ok.

I've been wrestling with my self sabotaging demons lately. Can't seem to be strong enough to keep "good". :-(
  • Leslieheindel
    Leslieheindel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't personally log my work time, just because I feel like that is a part of my lifestyle, But i have been wondering the same thing about it.
  • israelichick
    Options
    finally!!! A group i can relate to!!!! I am a waitress at Applebee's I work every day sometimes morning for 4 hours sometimes nights for 8 hours i get out of work at like 12-3 am depending on the day and i always have trouble not eating late cause i don't get to eat all day. And working out before or after work is always a challenge but you guys know how it is. Oh it already calculates your work hours for you
  • Tip20
    Options
    Hey israelichick! Thanks for joining our little group! I'm sorry were are not more active! But we are working on it! :wink:
  • cookingcow
    cookingcow Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue until I bought my Fitbit. It is WONDERFUL in situations like ours where our busy lifestyle with a ton of standing and walking at odd hours for weird time frames. I just connected my Fitbit to MFP and it logs my calories burned for work accurately along with my actual workouts and what not. Definitely worth the investment :D
  • purplestberry18
    Options
    hey guys I'm a waitress and I tend to work 30+ hours a week. By the end of a long weekend working doubles, lifting trays and dealing with the mental stress of guests the last thing I want to do is get on a treadmill. While i wish I could include my job as a workout I'm pretty sure after two years of serving it's no longer a calorie burning activity even though I feel exhausted. So I'm thinking about trying to do some beginning yoga class. It will hopefully give me the workouts I need and help with stress.
  • Marineswife13
    Marineswife13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh man I put "Active"!! Mostly because it listed in small italic print underneath "waitress" hah!! I work 4 days a week but I am the queen of a nascar circle around my Lounge area so I gauge it by how busy it was, if I have time to plug in all the fries and chips I eat then I am moving at a 'slow, to mod pace" lol!!