Preping for BR - 80lbs to go

Options
Hi All,

I'm so excited after reading all the post to begin BR! I have about 80lbs to loose and it's been hard to wrap my head around that number. Has anyone lost a signifigant amount of weight on BR? I really need encouragement :(:happy: 1187273.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! Well, I haven't started the BR yet, BUT I've been doing (for the past 2 weeks) the 30 Day Shred and it really works!!! during those 2 weeks I've lost about 3lbs and 1.5in off my waist; which for the past month I wasn't able to drop any weight.
    I ordered the BR early this week and I should get it by next week, I really can't wait to start! I've been checking reviews, tips and all sort of posts about it and they're all great. I did notice most of the people didn't follow the diet....still not sure why? but they all seemed to have lost around 15 - 20lbs each. I don't want to set myself that I'll loose the 35lbs I want to loose, so I'll be ok if at least I loose 20lbs...in only 3 months it's still amazing! I think you should do the same......you can always start the program as many times as you need to and drop the extra weight you want.
    I do plan on sticking to it the best I can.......I mean, after all, we're doing this for ourselves - no one else; and the least we can do is follow a 30min a day routine!!
    I've lost a total of 35lbs from April 2012 until now and it feels great!! I've been sticking to this website and my calorie intake, lots of support from my MFP friends and family and at the beginning walking/running - I was doing 3 times a week of running. I read some books about running and encouragement to have the right set of mind to start this transformation and I gotta say it was the best thing I've ever done.
    I can honestly say, it's the very first time in my life (and I'm 37) I feel I can really do this!!! little by little, just think about whatever gives you some encouragement, read, eat rigth (at least try) and with only 30min a day of exercise you'll change your life!!
    I'll send you a friend request........I'll let you know as soon as I get my kit! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • Nikkialbert02
    Options
    I was looking to start BR some time in the near future either today or Monday (that way I can keep track easier and have my Sunday as a rest day) I have actually been looking for some people who were planning to start around the same time. I am definately looking for some friends for the support and encouragement. Feel free to add me.
  • jaymellow
    Options
    Thank you so much for the response. It really helps to know others are doing the same thing. I accepted. Your friend request yay! I should get BR tomorrow or Saturday. I can't wait. I'm so ready to do this!!! Thanks again for going on this journey with me ????
  • jaymellow
    Options
    Ok so I should receive BR today or tomorrow. I've been tracking the order! I'll start on Monday as well and report progress and pain points which I hope will be minimal.
  • jaymellow
    Options
    Also I stepped on the scale this morning and I am down to 225 from 229 earlier in the week by just changing my eating habits :happy:
    Can't wait to start the workouts to see the lbs melt away!!!

1187273.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Nikkialbert02
    Options
    Monday it is!!! I will post/update my progess as well. BTW Congrats on the additional weight loss!!!!
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm so excited after reading all the post to begin BR! I have about 80lbs to loose and it's been hard to wrap my head around that number. Has anyone lost a signifigant amount of weight on BR? I really need encouragement :(:happy: 1187273.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Take it 1 day at at time with how much you want to lose. If you keep thinking "80" and it isnt going as fast as you like, you might get discouraged. But I will say that this program will kick your butt, so stick with it and you'll be happy with what you start to see.
  • denacook83
    denacook83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday too!! Good luck ladies!!!!
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with the others...I have that much to lose also, but to focus on that would be overwhelming....my goal now is 10 pounds...will get me to where the first number on the scale changes...next goal...10 pounds...second number on the scale...etc....changing inches so that my clothes change etc...started br 2weeks ago...not a lot of change on the scale piece...about 5 pounds...but I know the inches are hanging!
  • BiancoM
    BiancoM Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just started BR this past Monday with the 7 day Metabolism kickstart menu. And I absolutely love it! I got hooked on Jillian's workouts a couple months ago with ripped in 30 which I loved the workout and meal plan. I never had a home workout make me sweat so much. I am a mom of a 2 1/2 year old and before him I was an avid runner and marathoner. It has been quite the challenge to get back into shape on a steady routine, one week I would work out 6 days and maybe one day the next. It was hard for me to find consistancy. But with BR I can easily do a half hour and get a run in as well.
    I look forward to tracking my progress with you!
    Marcella
  • Dozy87
    Dozy87 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm also starting on Monday! I've got about 35lbs to lose
    and I'm hoping for at least 20lbs to be gone (forever!!) when I've finished
    BR! Got all the food in to do the kickstart week...gonna miss the carbs
    but it's got to be done!!:) Good luck to all those starting!!:)x
  • jaymellow
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

JMBR arrived on Saturday and I was like a kid on Christmas! Haven't felt this excited about something in a long time :noway:
    This weekend was hard, went out to eat a few times with friends and didn't log the food. Part of me didn't want to see the calorie count. BUT I'm all about it today. I'm getting ready to go through the meal plan and make a list of the food I need for the week. Workout #1 starts tomorrow and I'm super excited. I just watched it and I think I'll be able to hang in there.
    Let me know how it's going for you ladies :wink:

Julie
  • BiancoM
    BiancoM Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We will all succeed one workout and one meal at a time. I just finished the kickstart week. The meal plan isn't bad and actually the food combos she has put together are very tastey and I was surprised at how full I was. Although I did have some carbs last night and today. So I felt a little guilty and completed the cardio 1 workout twice today!
  • Nikkialbert02
    Options
    Can't wait I actually jumped ahead of myself with the Cardio 1 disc. I could not make it to the gym Friday evening so I decided to pop this in instead and boy did it work me but it felt great at the end. .Just to be able to say I did it!!! I was pooped but it on the inside I felt wonderful!!! I will be doing my first "actual" workout today will let you know how it went. Keep up the good work ladies!!!