Share your Newest Recipe Find!

Options

Replies

• navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Here is a website with some good recipes!

http://www.sugarfreemom.com/
  • Stripple
    Stripple Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am feasting on Taco Bake this week. It makes 8 servings and can be spruced up with sour cream, lettuce, olives, avocado....

I found the recipe of www.food.com but here it is for those who don't want to go find it! ;)

Low Carb Taco Bake
    Serves 8

Crust:
    4 ounces cream cheese, softened. 3 eggs. 1/3 heavy cream. 1/2 tsp taco seasoning. 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.

Beat the cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add the cream and seasoning. Grease a 9x13 in. pan and spread the shredded cheese on the bottom. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the cheese.
    Bake at 375 degrees F, 25-30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before covering with topping mixture.

Topping:
    1 lb ground meat, browned. Add 3 tsp of taco seasoning. Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce. Add 4 oz can of chopped green chilies. Mix and spread over the crust. Cover with 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
    Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake another 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot. Serve with the toppings of your choice.

Per serving:
    Calories: 469
    Carbs: 3.5g
    Protein:28.7g
    Fat: 37.8g (21.3g saturated, 12.2g musf, 1.4g pusf)

I have to try this immediately!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    That taco bake looks heavenly! Thank you!
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Holy toledo!!

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/miraclebrownies.htm

I just made those brownies. I had to order powdered sugar from Netrition.com but boy is it worth it. Boy oh boy oh boy!! And they're full of fiber so...super healthy! :)
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Today I feasted on Pork Rind flour french toast! It is so good! I buttered and used sugar free syrup. Very filling!

PORK RIND FLOUR FRENCH TOAST SERVES 2
    Run 1/2 bag of pork rinds through your food processor to make fine crumbs.
    Add 2 eggs to the food processor
    1tblsp cream, 1 tblsp water
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tblsp splenda

Mix in the food processor until goopy! Let sit about 5 mins.
    Heat oil in a skillet, no higher them medium high.
    Drop the batter into the hot oil to make 2 big pancakes.
    Let them brown until crispy and then flip. Continue cooking until browned on the bottom. Plate, add butter and SF syrup. This has the texture of bread! It is awesome. I dare you to try it!

I just took your dare (I had some extra pork rinds b/c I don't like them- and still had them.) These are excellent. Thank you so much for sharing, I would have never thought of this!!!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump. Need to add new recipes to try. Thanks for sharing.
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
    1 head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small pieces
    1Tblsp butter
    2Tblsp cream
    1 cup of grated cheddar

Place the cauliflower, butter and cream in a microwave safe dish with a lid.
    Cook 6 minutes. Stir the cauliflower and return to oven for 6 more minutes.
    Transfer to the bowl of your food processor. Process until smooth. Add the cheese and process again until completely smooth. Serve with your meal! Serves 2 or 4 depending on wether you can eat a cup or just 1/2!
  • aimeehoward73
    Options
    I can't wait to try some of these! I was wanting the recipe for the cauliflower mash. :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a Spark Recipes app to my iPad. Then I typed low carb in the search tab. There are tons of low carb recipes!! I added them to my favorites so now I have probably 100 low carb recipes at my beck and call!!

Oh...and the app is free!!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This is something I made on a whim last night and it turned out amazing.

Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/4 inch thickness

4 oz. cream cheese

4 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded

16 oz. spinach (I used PictSweet, a whole bag)

Seasonings you like (I used garlic powder and onion powder)

Season the chicken breasts and set aside,

Cook spinach (try to add only a little water, less to squeeze out). Let cool, wrap in a dish towel and wring the excess water out of the spinach.

Soften the cream cheese and add to the spinach. Stir in the monterey jack.

Spread a 1/4 of the mixture onto each flattened chicken breast. Roll them up and place them on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

I ate mine with ranch dressing--delish!
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Micro Cheesecake!

http://yourlighterside.com/minute-microwave-cheesecake/
    Not the greatest consistency, but I am going to try and use a mixing machine next time. Also, the serving size is HUGE - so you can cut back about 1/4 and still be happy. I also enjoyed whipped cream (made by me) on the runny side on it because it tasted good mixed in. Just used a few stevia drops in the cream to sweeten it. I used too few stevia drops in the cake.... It wasn't sweet at all. So play around with it!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Avo-Tziki .... a revelation! If you love TzaTziki , you'll love this too. Tastes very similar, low carb and high fat content. Used it as a salad dressing last night and will be using as a dip with my veggies at lunch today. Yum! 1 oz is significantly more calorie content, but it's all good stuff - avocado, cucumber, olive oil ... had it on a salad which we topped with grilled flank steak.

Avo-Tziki recipe

2 avocados, food processed or smashed with a fork until smooth and creamy
    4 tbsp olive oil
    6 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 medium cucumber, peel on, finely grated
    salt & pepper to taste (I don't think it needs any, personally)

whisk olive oil and lemon juice into avocados until emulsified. Stir in cucumber. Refrigerate 1/2 hour to 24 hours. Serve as salad dressing, dip for veggies, etc.

tumblr_mgzkirqtN11r5lqo2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgzkirqtN11r5lqo2o2_500.jpg
  • mstorvik
    Options
    OH MY GOSH. This is SO GOOD.

I altered the recipe from this:
    http://veggiewonder.blogspot.com/2012/01/easy-mocha-pudding.html

4 oz FULL FAT greek yogurt
    1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
    8 drops of stevia
    1/4 (or less actually) of vanilla extract
    1 t of espresso powder.

Whip it up - 5 net carbs and it is UNREAL how good it is!!! I am just now adding back yogurt to my diet - full fat is lower in carbs.

I may eat this everyday. WOW!!!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Mock Potato Soup

1 cup Cauliflower, diced/chunked/ripped apart (do whatever works for you, lol)
    2 Cups of Chicken broth
    2 Laughing Cow Cheese wedges

Garnish Suggestions: Bacon (crisp and crumbled), Green onions, Cheddar Cheese, Parsley, a dallop of Sour Cream, Salt and Pepper to Taste.

In a large pot, bring cauliflower and broth to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Add additional broth if needed

Place soup into a bowl and put 1/2 of it into a blender, add last cup of broth and blend. Dump back into pot.

Put another 1/2 of soup into blender, add Laughing Cow Cheese and blend. Dump back into pot.

Serve and pile on your toppings of choice.

NOTE: To add protein, I usually saute scallops and then add them in just before serving. Or I broil fish to go along side.
    You can use the same recipe to make broccoli soup. I add shredded cheddar to that.
  • mstorvik
    Options
    Full Fat Greek Yogurt - 4 oz
    PB2 - 1 T (half a serving)
    Splash of vanilla extract
    Sweetener - I use stevia drops

Oh my. My favorite dessert right now... other than mixing that with raw cocoa and espresso powder :)
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mock Potato Soup

1 cup Cauliflower, diced/chunked/ripped apart (do whatever works for you, lol)
    2 Cups of Chicken broth
    2 Laughing Cow Cheese wedges

Garnish Suggestions: Bacon (crisp and crumbled), Green onions, Cheddar Cheese, Parsley, a dallop of Sour Cream, Salt and Pepper to Taste.

In a large pot, bring cauliflower and broth to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Add additional broth if needed

Place soup into a bowl and put 1/2 of it into a blender, add last cup of broth and blend. Dump back into pot.

Put another 1/2 of soup into blender, add Laughing Cow Cheese and blend. Dump back into pot.

Serve and pile on your toppings of choice.

NOTE: To add protein, I usually saute scallops and then add them in just before serving. Or I broil fish to go along side.
    You can use the same recipe to make broccoli soup. I add shredded cheddar to that.

This makes a wonderful soup base for all kinds of recipes- I make clam chowder with it. Right after the "soup" is ready, add 1 tsp of dried basil, 1/2 tsp of paprika, minced garlic and simmer a bit. Dump a couple of cans of minced clams (I use the juice too), and just heat. Don't bring to a boil or the clams will get rubbery. If the soup isn't think enough, I just sprinkle in a little xantham gum powder and stir. I completely fooled my non-vegetable-eating son with this. He loved it! I bet it would make a good seafood chowder with clams, scallops, and fish - I may have to try that next time!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipes. Thanks for sharing.
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The Taco Bake I on my list for the upcoming week. It sounds yummy!
  • cxsiegel
    cxsiegel Posts: 26
    Options
    Bump!