Introductions

Options

Replies

• mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning all Boomers,I am so very happy everyone has joined us, we all have the weight problem in commom plus being a Baby Boomer too! So lets see who can lose the most weight by sept1st, 3 weeks from now!! I don't exercise except for yard work & cleaning house,but, i am gonna put my pedometer on & count my steps,just to see how much walking i can do all day. You may have a different plan & thats ok--just move the body anyway u can! Good luck all Boomers.
  • cyndy71
    cyndy71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI
    I too am a life time member of WW and have sort of stalled on the new points plus program. I am wanting to shed a few pounds. I like the FP app and am thinking counting calories and increasing my exercise may be my best option. Seems as we get older its so much harder to lose weight even a few pounds can be a struggle. Always happy to listen to suggestions that have helped others in this same phase in life. I was born in 1954 .
  • JellyBeanCat
    Options
    Hi - I am ready to lose 100 lbs. and it has long been overdue to make this decision. The year of my birth is 1950. I am a retired visual arts teacher who is not ready to retire from life and plan to make the best of the time that I have left on earth.
  • lskog1
    lskog1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good morning to fellow boomers. I just joined the group and live in Texas. I was born in 1953 and have approximately 100 lbs. to loose. :( I am new to the MFP/Fit Bit and am really surprised at myself for joining any group because I really don't like to talk about me. Very self conscious, but have been convinced by a friend that the support will help.
  • sherry009
    Options
    my name I Sherry,I was born in 1962,and I need to lose 60 lbs or more if possible,I really want this to work and will do all I can to make it work,haveing friends who are in the same shoes I hope will help!!
  • Driving_206
    Driving_206 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm ready to get back on the wagon again! I live in Seattle, WA, born in 1962 and want to loose 25 lbs. Looking forward to connecting with others who want to share info and experiences.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Kathy I was born in 64 I am from Canada and have had weight issues all my adult life. Time for a change. I would like to lose 70lbs. A little at a time. looking forward to meeting new people and starting my journey.
  • ritazeb
    ritazeb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I was born in 1948. My problem is that I lose 25 lbs. then gain 30. I cant afford the backsliding, it is starting to affect my health, and I have to lose 100 lbs.
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Nebraska. I was born in 1952 I will be 60 next month:sad: my journey goes up and down but I am determain to do it this time. I am glad to find this group I think it is great to find people my age. Everyone on mfp seems to be so young.
  • Shamrock9377
    Shamrock9377 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this forum but not to MFP. Been logging in everyday since November 2011. I'm 56 years old and have a goal of losing 110 pounds. Since joining MFP I've lost 73 of that already. Well almost....hehe! To be exact - 72.6 pounds. I've got to say that MFP has been the first plan that has really worked well for me. I tried Nutrisystem, Weigh Watcher, Atkins etc. Lost the weigh but gained it all back and then some. I just feel different this time about losing weight. I feel I can do this and not fall back. Wish me luck!:wink:
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Born in 57, bad arthritis, pre diabetic. Worked 16 weeks to lose 10. Now I can say 100#. Such a big number. But I am 20 pound less then 18 months ago. So I have recently decided that I only need to lose 5. That I can do. Google "photo of five pounds of fat" and you will be proud of every 5 pounds! So wish me luck this week when I see the doc...hoping to get off the pre-diabetic category on this visit!
  • Dyetcoke1
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Dyetcoke1
    Options
    I know, just shows being overweight goes to all ages.
  • Dyetcoke1
    Options
    How do you get that scale picture that shows what u lost?
  • Dyetcoke1
    Options
    Me too! Friend me?
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Boomers, My name is Cris, I live in Oxfordshire, UK and was born in 1953. Started planning for my 60th next year and would really like to show all those young uns us older ones can look good. Over the last 5 years the weight has crept on a pound at a time and now it really needs to creep off! My biggest hurdle is my husband has ill health and is not very active. He retired a few years ago so spends most of the day doing things he wants and when I get in from work just wants to spend the evening sat in front the TV. Somehow I have to be active without making him feel bad!!
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning everyone--welcome to Boomers, Congrats on all the weight y'all have lost & i am here to encourage each of u to Hang Tuff, the journey is slow the older we get but, we are a determined group. Any advise on how u get thru each day will help someone else to be modivated. U all Rock!
  • sherry009
    Options
    I got up this morning and walked my mile!!! Im doing one goal at a time,got 2 cases of water and plan to start drinking 10 bottles a day spaced out,may not get it done on day one but I will do my best every day!!
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning everyone. Hope everyone has a good week and meets our goal.
  • Driving_206
    Driving_206 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Walked a mile-Great! do you plan to walk tomorrow or skip a day?