Ultra low carbing 10-20 carbs a day.

Options
jsabet
jsabet Posts: 51 Member
So aside from my cheat meal every two weeks I go ultra low carb. No dairy, no almonds, I'm even careful with what veggies have too much. Sorry beets, i love you but you got alot. I've successfully done this the past 3-4 months. With great results. Anyone else ultra low carbing? If so what are you eating.

Replies

• Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I try to shoot for 25g a day or under. I am very carful about the carb content even in vegtables. I usually feel my best on 35g or under a day.
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same. Check out my food diary. It's public. I'm aiming for under 25 grams of carbs a day. My macros are set at 5% carbs, 35% protein, and 60% fat.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i do about 20 grams.
    sometimes as much as 50, damn peanut butter.
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I try to do under 20g of total carb, recently been taking in a ton of fiber. Had carb up day yesterday and felt like yuck... :(
  • cynobitya
    Options
    My macro for my calorie count is set at 16g of carbs a day and MAN this is HARD. My go to saviours are the following

Alpro almond milk for when I can't stomach another cup of green tea (or muddy pond water as I affectionately refer to it)
    Eggs
    Protein shakes with 50% water 50% almond milk (really good for curing sweet cravings as mine is chocolate flavour)
    Tinned fish such as sardines (thank GOD sainsburys do boneless/skinless sardines), mackerel and pilchards. I eat them most days at work for lunch with 1/2 bad of pre prepared salad.
    Frozen pollock is cheap as chips and it tastes ok.
    Veg wise I have to be careful but as I love all veg I'm never stuck. Asparagus, celery cauliflower, onions peppers spinach fennel courgette, mushrooms I either steam them and serve with fish or meat, finely dice them and they go into either egg fritatta with bacon and chicken, or I lob them into a tin of chopped tomatoes and chicken stock and dried herbs to make a no pasta ministrone soup.

You know what I miss - fruit juice. The times I want to just drown in OJ.
  • FitBrunette
    FitBrunette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was doing under 20 but recently started doing 15 and under if I can.

My food consist of eggs, cheese, chicken, beef, fish, pork, turkey, and protein drinks. I occasionally will have a serving of macadamia nuts because they're the lowest in carbs that I've found in nuts. 1/4 of a cup for 2 grams of carbs.

Aside from the protein drinks, my fluids just consist of Mio, Crystal light, green tea, and coconut milk.
  • jsabet
    Options

You know what I miss - fruit juice. The times I want to just drown in OJ.

My last cheat day had a big *kitten* thing of apple juice. I just stood there and sucked back the sugar. Then I ran around energized. Then I fell asleep for 30 min on the couch.
  • jsabet
    Options
    I was doing under 20 but recently started doing 15 and under if I can.

My food consist of eggs, cheese, chicken, beef, fish, pork, turkey, and protein drinks. I occasionally will have a serving of macadamia nuts because they're the lowest in carbs that I've found in nuts. 1/4 of a cup for 2 grams of carbs.

Aside from the protein drinks, my fluids just consist of Mio, Crystal light, green tea, and coconut milk.

How is Mio? and have you found a low carb coconut milk?
    You should look up Jay Robb's protein shakes, he totally looks like a muscular pedophile but he has a 25g protein shake that has 1 carb. And it doesn't taste like vanilla crap.
  • FitBrunette
    Options
    Mio is good, I pretty much enjoy all their flavors. Ideally I'd like to find an organic or all natural product similar to that of Mio and Crystal Light. Not a fan of their chemicals.

Yes, you can get unsweetened coconut milk from pretty much anywhere I believe. Just make sure to get unsweetened because that's the one that's low carb. Once you start getting into the vanilla flavored one, then the carbs go up majorly. It's even more low carb than almond milk and is even better for you too.

My protein shakes are Premier Protein with 30 grams of protein and only 3 carbs. The other is Isopure, it has 0 carbs and 40 grams of protein. The third I sometimes go to if I have enough carbs for the day is Syntrax Mint Cookie, it has 6 carbs per scoop and 25 grams of protein. I usually go for 110+ protein a day so I usually go for the higher protein drinks with the lesser amount of carbs.
  • jsabet
    Options
    Mio is good, I pretty much enjoy all their flavors. Ideally I'd like to find an organic or all natural product similar to that of Mio and Crystal Light. Not a fan of their chemicals.

Yes, you can get unsweetened coconut milk from pretty much anywhere I believe. Just make sure to get unsweetened because that's the one that's low carb. Once you start getting into the vanilla flavored one, then the carbs go up majorly. It's even more low carb than almond milk and is even better for you too.

I usually drink unflavored almond milk, if I have to have milk. But I never really feel compelled to.
  • FitBrunette
    Options
    Yeah, me either. I normally only have it to mix with my protein powders and to mix in my tea or morning coffee.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I ultra low carb every 3 to 4 months (30 day cleanse)

I eat allot of fish, coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk, raw dairy butter and cream, raw dairy cheeses, beef, macademias, broths, leaks, eggs, and Mg, Ca, Fe supplementation according to blood results.

So easy to create great receipes just from these ingredients alone!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    green tea (or muddy pond water as I affectionately refer to it)

try white tea! that's all i drink and its really yummy!
    i can't stand green.
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Alpro almond milk for when I can't stomach another cup of green tea (or muddy pond water as I affectionately refer to it)

Nooooo! I buy tea from adagio.com (they also have a store near me) and I brew it in their ingenuitea pot - whole leaf! There are SO many varieties! I usually hate mint, but we just got a new tea that is AMAZING! Casablanca twist.

If you're using teabags of ****ty tea, STOP! It can taste so much better.... I'd even send you some loose leaf samples if you wanted!
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    10 gramer over here. although this week i'm allowing myself between 10-15. mainly my meals have consisted of:

grilled chicken
    steak
    sashimi
    bacon
    eggs
    cheese
    coke zero (i'm addicted. SO HORRIBLE!)
    miniscule amount of veggies--usually lettuce or green beans.
    and a chocolate square if i can afford it. :) girl's gotta have her chocolate treats!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Nooooo! I buy tea from adagio.com (they also have a store near me) and I brew it in their ingenuitea pot - whole leaf! There are SO many varieties! I usually hate mint, but we just got a new tea that is AMAZING! Casablanca twist.

If you're using teabags of ****ty tea, STOP! It can taste so much better.... I'd even send you some loose leaf samples if you wanted!

Me too! I love their apricot green tea and their almond oolong. (I'm not ultra low carbing it, I feel like a carb junkie after reading this thread with my goal set at 15% carbs lol. But had to comment on the nom tea)
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options

Me too! I love their apricot green tea and their almond oolong. (I'm not ultra low carbing it, I feel like a carb junkie after reading this thread with my goal set at 15% carbs lol. But had to comment on the nom tea)

We just bought the almond oolong. Basically anything almond from them is good!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

We just bought the almond oolong. Basically anything almond from them is good!

Definitely! For herbals, the blood orange is really yummy.
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I shoot for less than 30 a day but most of the time I am around 20 even though my macro is set for 40. I used to do a cheat meal every 2 weeks and I felt it kept me happy and I found it easier to stick to low carb because that one meal was like a bonus for 2 weeks of dedication.

This go round I have not done that but I am only 25 days in. But man, is it hard??? I am really feeling the urge......
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How do you set your macros?