August Movers n Shakers

Options

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Sadly, we will be losing harietsmama as a teammate. Please wish her well!

I have picked up a new teammate. Her name is moxleymama6, and she will be joining us as of tomorrow. Please welcome and friend her!
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in: I weighed myself first thing this morning but forgot to log it in! I lost 1.2 lbs & weigh 133 lbs! It's been a hot week in Las Vegas & I have been doing the exercises & eating less, maybe due to the heat. So, I hope I can keep it up & continue to lose weight! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amy. I was in the "Bounce into Spring" group but was late to sign up this time
    So I asked to be put on a team if anyone dropped. A little about me...I'm 45, ha. I have 6 kids and like to walk or do the elliptical for exercise. I'll post my measurements and weight tomorrow...I'm in the car right now driving home from vaca. I start teaching again in 2 weeks. I need to get my butt back in gear before school starts.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    welcome Amy
    weigh in this week 152.8 stayed the same
    I havent checked in the last few days or done my exercises due to being in severe back pain, my fibromyalgia is acting up due to the exercises earlier in the week and change in weather , we went from 88- 107....it has been over 100 all week. I am feeling better today so hopefully i can get back to the exercises tomorrow

- What is your favorite salty snack? popcorn

- What song do you love to dance to? rolling in the deep by Adele or Call Me Maybe by Carly Jae jepsen

- What was your most embarrassing hair style? frizzy perm the 80s were horrible for perms LOL

- What is the furthest west you have traveled? cresent city...LOL

- What is the funniest thing you have heard a child say? when my older ones were little the older one was teaching the younger one her colors and she said it is "Yella" and she said "Lello" and she said " Not Lello, Yella" LOl :

- What vegetable do you hate? I love most but i dont like beets

- if you could live in any other country for 2 years where would you go? Europe

And some MFP related questions:

- What do you like the MOST about the challenge so far? The LEAST? helping me to get off my butt and be more consistant, the pain from fibro....OUCH
    - What's your favorite exercise? Least favorite? walking, hiking, jumping jacks
    - How are you doing on your goals so far? really good
    - What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week? to be consistant with exercise, move everyday
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    my weight for this week is 192 so i guess i lost almost a pound or so from last weigh in.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Week Challenge: :flowerforyou:
    Sodium.... Stay under your sodium for this week. Your team can earn 1 point for each day you are under. That means each person can earn 6 points and every team can earn an extra 30 points in this team challenge.

:heart: Monday - 8/13 - legs :heart:
    Tabata video (4 min workout) do twice if you are advanced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkSUudxOTnI

:cry: We may have lost 2 more teammates...please message me if you know anyone who would like to step in and finish the month with us! :cry:
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    - What is your favorite salty snack? Simply Naked Pita Chips with Sea Salt

- What song do you love to dance to? Anything disco (I know, I'm a dork)

- What was your most embarrassing hair style? Shoulder length curly perm. I looked like I had been struck by lightning.

- What is the furthest west you have traveled? Louisville, KY I am a housecat.

- What is the funniest thing you have heard a child say? When my daughter, Margo, was about 6 yrs old (30 yr old now) we were eating Sunday dinner at my parents. Margo asked my mom if she wanted any gravy and Mom thanked her but said that she didn't eat gravy. Margo looked over at my dad and asked my if there was "something wrong with Mamaw". Dad's reaction was priceless. He almost had to leave the table, he got so tickled.

- What vegetable do you hate? This makes two votes for beets

- if you could live in any other country for 2 years where would you go? England

- What do you like the MOST about the challenge so far? The LEAST? Most - They make me do strength training. I tend to concentrate on cardio. Least - Making myself do them. They loom large, then when done, I feel great.
    - What's your favorite exercise? Least favorite? Favorite - Arm workouts. I hate burpees!!!!!
    - How are you doing on your goals so far? Very well.
    - What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week? Just keep on track. It would be nice to lose one more pound.
  • Mamafred
    Options
    @ Cheryl - how did it go with the donuts and cookies??

LOL...For those of you that didn't see my post on the main page on Friday morning, one of my co-workers brought in 2 boxes of glazed donuts and 2 boxes of chocolate chip cookies. I am happy to report that I didn't have either one all day long. The donuts were calling my name but I knew if I ate one, by I was going to be very down on myself.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite salty snack? Oke Doke Cheese popcorn or cashews

- What song do you love to dance to? almost anything

- What was your most embarrassing hair style? really bad hair cut in high school to tramatic to discuss

- What is the furthest west you have traveled? sorry havent been on the west coast yet

- What is the funniest thing you have heard a child say? after my youngest niece heard the story of goldylocks and the three bears she looked to him and said daddy she is going to go to jail b/c she broke into there house and ate their food! omg and she was so serious too.

- What vegetable do you hate? not a fan of zuchhini, or squash or cucumbers

- if you could live in any other country for 2 years where would you go? maybe to spain

- What do you like the MOST about the challenge so far? The LEAST? Most - They make stray from my regular routine. Least - Making myself do them after i finished my normal workouts.
    - What's your favorite exercise? Least favorite? Favorite - tied btwn Zumba and Cycle. I hate any kind of ab work!!!!!
    - How are you doing on your goals so far? Very well.
    - What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week? to stay focused and to do more intense ab work since i hate it so much.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Hey team! Just checking in with my weight and measurements:
    Weight- 156
    Arm- 13
    Bust- 39 1/2
    Waist- 34
    Hips- 42
    Thigh- 25 1/2

- What is your favorite salty snack? Sun Chips

- What song do you love to dance to? Raise your Glass by Pink

- What was your most embarrassing hair style? I had a rat tail in the 80s that was bleached & I braided it!

- What is the furthest west you have traveled? St. Louis, My 21 year old daughter lives there.

- What is the funniest thing you have heard a child say? My 17 year old was babysitting last week & was texting her boyfriend. The little girl she was watching said, "Whatcha doin?" Francesca replied, "Talking to my boyfriend." The little girl responded, "How does he fit in that little box?"

- What vegetable do you hate? Okra

- if you could live in any other country for 2 years where would you go? Australia or France

- What do you like the MOST about the challenge so far? The LEAST? Getting back in the exercise groove. I've been in a real slump!
    - What's your favorite exercise? Least favorite? walking, elliptical, & Jillian's DVDs...Least- Running on pavement. I have bad knees.
    - How are you doing on your goals so far? just started.
    - What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week? Drink a lot of water & eat a lot of fiber to cleanse the vacation garbage food out of my system.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Under on the sodium! Exercise complete! :-)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Its Monday,
    I am glad to see sodium as the challenge this week, I was thinking I need to start watching my sodium intake more anyways......
    my kids go back to school on thursday so looking forward to it, it is easier for me to get into an exercise schedule and i dont have so many temptations when they are at school.......:smile: when do your kids start school?
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello!

I have finished the tabata! Wow! I forgot how intense they could be!

I havent' logged my food yet, so I will report on the sodium later.

@Sherri - my kiddies start on Thursday also! But we are already starting our busy mode! My son has football practice everday, and the twins start soccer practice tomorrow!! :noway:
  • Mamafred
    Options
    Monday :
    Under sodium and Tabata done.

My husband is a custodian at one of our county elementary schools. School started for students last Thursday. Our oldest son is a high school teacher in a neighboring county and the students start there this Thursday. Our grandson's first day of preschool was today and he loved it. It was much easier for him than it was for our daughter. I remember the feeling.
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :drinker: Tuesday - 8/14 - hardCORE :heart:
    You can break these up into reasonable sets for yourself. Please keep them as one workout though.

Start with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM

55 crunches/sit ups
    30 right oblique crunches
    30 left oblique crunches
    40 bicycle crunches
    40 bridge
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Me again!

I am done eating for the day...and I am under in sodium! Yay!

We are still down 2 people :cry: I think I may have one to step in, but still looking for one more. If you know anyone, let me know.
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Monday exercises done
    BARELY under my salt intake... This one is gonna be tough :(
    My name is michelle and I am a saltaholic..
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Monday check in: Exercise done & sodium was under! :)

- What is your favorite salty snack? Theater Style Buttered Popcorn.

- What song do you love to dance to? I don't really like dancing, but when I'm in that mood it would be any pop song playing on the radio!

- What was your most embarrassing hair style? 80"s frizzy perm!

- What is the furthest west you have traveled? Hawaii

- What is the funniest thing you have heard a child say? I can't remember, but you just have to chuckle at a lot of things that kid say! :)

- What vegetable do you hate? I guess it would be bell peppers.

- if you could live in any other country for 2 years where would you go? Hawaii

- What do you like the MOST about the challenge so far? The LEAST? F/V challenge made me eat healthier than my usual eating habits. The water challenge has always been the most challenging for me. I dislike having to run to the restroom all of the time.
    - What's your favorite exercise? Least favorite? Favorite would be anything with my legs. Least would be the burpees.
    - How are you doing on your goals so far? So far, I'm doing well. I just have to keep motivating myself.
    - What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week? My mini-goal is to keep hydrated due to the heat here in Las Vegas!
  • lil_pixie
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm back from a very lovely weekend away where I definitely ate too much (I had my first chippy tea in ages and went out for breakfast each day, though we did LOTS of walking so hoping the effect won't be too bad) Still going to work extra hard this week.
    I didn't do the exercises yesterday as we got back late, but I did stay under my sodium levels.

What is your favorite salty snack? pringles

- What song do you love to dance to? Twisting by Sam Cooke, Pencil full of Lead by Paolo Nutini

- What was your most embarrassing hair style? the fringe I cut myself that was FAR too short

- What is the furthest west you have traveled? Miami

- What is the funniest thing you have heard a child say? my friends little girl had her shoes on the wrong feet. When i pointed this out to her and said she should change them she replied "well...my ballet teacher has told me i have to turn my feet out and if i put my shoes on this way they always turn out so I'm very good at ballet!"

- What vegetable do you hate? I don't think I hate any veg..... not that keen on fennel, but will still eat it.

- if you could live in any other country for 2 years where would you go? either Canada or Italy

- What do you like the MOST about the challenge so far? The LEAST? I loved the f/v challenge as it made me more inventive with my cooking. Least would be the ab work
    - What's your favorite exercise? Least favorite? favourite = swimming, least favourite = any type of ab work. Going to have fun today! :ohwell:
    - How are you doing on your goals so far? ok, but need to be more consistent
    - What is/are your mini goal(s) for this week? to go for at least 2 runs as I really need to get back into running
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello again!

Sadly, I still haven't heard from Rhe280 and Kettydedios. :cry:

Luvcuppycakes (Josie) will be taking Ketty's place, and I may have someone for Rhe...but still waiting on a response.

Please welcome Josie and friend her if you are not friends already! :flowerforyou: