Introduce Yourself

Options
100over
100over Posts: 53 Member
Hi, I'm Leah. I am an extremely overweight Type 1 diabetic. I didn't even know there were other overweight Type 1's till I ran across this guy's site.....a great info site for low GI........http://100pounds.wingler.com/sugarbusters.html
I am starting today and hoping it will be the one thing to get rid of my cravings and get healthy. This morning I had large flake oatmeal with blueberries and blackberries. I justed added some yoghurt to my son's and he loved it too......he loved the purple color the berries made since I cooked them in the oatmeal. I am 42 and weigh 225 lbs. My goal weight is 130 as I'm only 5'4".

Hope to see a lot more members here soon!!!

Replies

• Frag_Bunny
    Frag_Bunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am being testing and checked out for PCOS and my doctor requested I try a low GI diet while I wait for results and let him know what my results are. If I lose weight, how I feel, ect. It's kind of hard to figure this diet out. For example, the other day I went I want a snack. Ooh! I'll have watermelon, that's health....WRONG...when I checked my chart of foods later that day I realized watermelons are high GI...augh! so confusing!
  • MuffinTopCadz
    Options
    Hi! I'm Caddie :)
    I LOVE Low GI diets - its easy and doesn't feel like a diet. So glad there's a group *yay* :)
  • sisterphonetica
    sisterphonetica Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. I'm trying Low GI for weight loss, mainly as a healthy diet. I'm vegan and finding information about a vegan low GI diet is tricky!
  • tripsmom3
    tripsmom3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI, I am new here. I am looking for support as I lose weight and change my eating habits. Have tried many diets but nothing has worked. The Low GI/GL index seems the way to go for me. I don't know why but I do know that I tend to go hypoglycemic on occasion. Never had had an issue with diabetes (my fasting BS is always under 100). However, as I am overweight (170 pounds on a 5.4 frame) my physician had me do the three hour blood glucose test. Never got over 95 but went down to 70 with hypo symptoms at the end. Perhaps this is just want my body wants, less sugar and processed foods.
    So, what types of books have you used, seen, loved, relied on? Would love to review other books or information abouat GI/ GL with you.
    TTYS
  • PeterDeGroot02
    Options
    Hi, I was recommended Michel Montignac's book by a friend who lost 13 kg in three months. It's low GI diet with some peculiar food mixing rules which I ignore. Interested in recipes and other people's experiences.
  • tripsmom3
    tripsmom3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So, obviously, I had gotten off track. However, its the start of a new year and new resolve to lose this weight. My new goal is to lose 50 pounds by my birthday in August. Since its been so long and I feel so out of shape I started yoga. Those planks about kill ya!! But I feel so much better when I exercise. Has anyone checked out the South Beach diet? It is based on low GI, is easy to follow, and has a really low cost book that basically tells you what is/is not low GI. I would be happy to have the support/friendship of others struggling like I am and trying to lose weight and get healthier via the GI way! Happy New Year!!