August Goals

Options
meljoemom
meljoemom Posts: 118 Member
I'll start us off for August even though it's already the 11th. We have to start sometime!

No drinking during the week with the exception of one (1) WITH dinner and ONLY if within my calorie range.
Friday night is the only night I can indulge
Sat and Sun, no drinking until 6 PM and limited to 3 - NO BINGE DRINKING!!

I guess I just put myself on restriction until it feels normal!

Anyone else?

Replies

• meljoemom
    Options
    One more thing, no matter what the result of Friday indulgence, I MUST WORKOUT ON SATURDAY!
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good goals! Here is mine for the remainder of August:
    Drinking only on Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Limit 2 of anything. Nothing after 8 PM
    If I cheat during the week, I have to give up a weekend day.
    And I will always do some sort of calorie burn on the weekend days, and stay within my calories.
    so help me, God.
  • elispine
    elispine Posts: 23
    Options
    I've just starting reading "How to Change Your Drinking" so this will most likely change as I get further into the book. So my goal is for this week.

No drinking alone, and no more than 12 drinks this week. I'll plan them into my calorie goals, and if I want to overindulge I need to workout to earn them (and log them).
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I need an August goal! Here is mine~

I really want to try giving up wine on week nights, but with the stress in my life.. I don't think it is doable until I finish school..

Only 1 glass (5oz) of wine per night (Sun-Thurs).

Drink in moderation on the weekends.. No more than 3 drinks per night.. Friday or Saturday

Good luck everyone!
  • jplord
    Options
    I really want to try giving up wine on week nights, but with the stress in my life.. I don't think it is doable until I finish school..

Good for you! I think you will give yourself a better chance at success by finding a substitute de-stresser, not just eliminating the one de-stresser you have.

My current de-stressers? Any form of exercise is best. Gardening or walking is the easiest. If you exxercise more than 20 minutes, your brain begins to make more dopamine receptors (I think) or some kind of brain chemistry reaction that is good for you. Playing an instrument (even though I suck). Cooking to prep meals for the rest of the week. Talking to a close friend on the phone. These work when I remember to do them.

Hope that helps
  • meljoemom
    Options
    These work when I remember to do them.

....or if I can get myself up off the couch or out from in front of the computer! Sheesh. I need a no movie goal. Not much of a TV person, but I will watch any crappy movie I can find. It feels so good to GET STUFF DONE! Oh and the gardening thing.. my poor dead planters. One thing at a time, right?
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Boy am I late to this party! I hadn't been following my goal and drank liquor for a week but now it's ON! I'm only going to have 2 glasses of wine a day for the next week (maybe even just 3 days), and then nothing. Nada, zilch and zero. That's through September and then life gets crazy with 2 birthdays in a week, so we'll see how I come out to that... as long as I keep it to wine I'll be ok. I'd rather just stop though I think.
  • elispine
    elispine Posts: 23
    Options
    Good goals everyone! Good luck and cheers!
  • mistyladidah
    Options
    Reckoning! Schools getting started and summer break is ending for a lot of people... how did August go for everyone? Do you have any goals for Labor Day?

I pretty much just plain stopped after that last post I made... I was drinking a pint beer while I typed, and didn't finish half of it. Haven't had anything since. I've also pretty much been a hermit. The challenges await with socializing and hormones.
  • jplord
    Options
    Well, I didn't live up to my goals 100%.

REALLY? Yeah I know I am far from perfect.

But I did have a clean week this last week (no drinking since Monday), and I upped my exercise, and reduced the sugar.

I did, however, develop a fondness for Mint Juleps during a particularly humid week here a week ago.....

So now we go on to September. Set a goal. And make it real. I feel a bit better, but I want to feel great.

Maybe one way to reduce is to make quality more important than quantity. I'd rather have a single Julep with 1 oz of top bourbon, than 2-3 beers. Thoughts?
  • mistyladidah
    Options
    jplord, I think quality is a great thing to focus on. I don't know if I could choose between a Julep and 2-3 beers though... it depends on how long I'm in the environment, and refreshment needed. The julep would be great for a short visit with friends, but I think it would get warm and weird if I didn't drink it fast enough, and then I'd want another one :noway: ... beer, if it's cold, and if we'll be hanging out for a while because that way I can take my time and may only want 1 or 2. It would have to be good beer though. None of the watery stuff. That's what water's for. :laugh:
  • meljoemom
    Options
    I sucked wind. It's a new month. Here we go!