Excited C25k Newbie!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm on Week 2 Day 3 of C25k and anticipating what can change in 8 weeks. So far I've been running 3-4 days a week for the past 3 weeks and ALREADY I notice a difference in my thighs smoothing out. You know that annoying cellulite bulge in the back inner thighs where you often sit? I was doing an indian style today in shorts and looked down.. low and behold - they had shrank! :O :O :O!!!

Ladies and Gents, there is hope for me afterall! :)

I want to tighten up and get back into a nice size 5/7 jeans like I used to instead of 9/11. These hips don't lie.

Replies

• CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. :)
    I start week 2 this week. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just started week 1 last night. I tried it a few months ago with my 9 year old daughter as a bonding thing, but she doesn't like running with me. She'll run forever with her friends, but I'm not cool enough. I decided to give it a go again last night on my own. It was kind of fun! My friend has completed the program and she's amazed at how much better she feels and how much easier she can run now. I've always wanted to be a runner, but I've never been trained.
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group today. I have been doing walk/jog intervals for 3k over the last 5 weeks when I joined a local gym, but have decided to do a 5k race & started the C25K programme at wk 3 on Wednesday. It was harder than I thought considering I had happily been running 2min jog/walk intervals! My neighbour is a keen runner & is taking me out on my first on road experience Sunday morning - what have I let myself in for!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same!! I completed week 1 last night and starting week 2 in the morning! I'm so excited to be able to run without stopping!! I want to skip through the next 8 weeks and be there already!! I love running - anything that gets me outside is brilliant! xxx