Need guidance

Options
Altruista75
Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
I just want to make sure that I'm on the right track. I just upped my calories for the past week to be at a 15% cut (or pretty darn close) and the scale has went up 3 pounds already. Is this normal? I didn't even go all the way up to my TDEE b/c quite frankly scared to do it and now seeing how much I've gained with just the little increase I'm kind of glad I didn't. I guess my question is...

Is this normal?
Should I keep at this level of intake and ignore what the scale says?
Will this weight level off or will I have to go up to my TDEE in order for it to do so?

Sorry if you all have been bombarded with these questions before but I'd truly appreciate some input from some of you that have found success with this!

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    OK, so did you come from a very low calorie diet (VLCD), if so for how long?
    what is your height, weight, age, hours of exercise per week?

If you're not eating enough, very normal to gain, and most ppl gain at TDEE for the first couple of weeks. See sticky about upping calories.

Also, depends on what your eating, macros, sodium,water intake, sleep, ect.

Consistency is the key, for both diet and exercise.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    OK, so did you come from a very low calorie diet (VLCD), if so for how long?
    what is your height, weight, age, hours of exercise per week?

If you're not eating enough, very normal to gain, and most ppl gain at TDEE for the first couple of weeks. See sticky about upping calories.

Also, depends on what your eating, macros, sodium,water intake, sleep, ect.

Consistency is the key, for both diet and exercise.

^^^This^^^
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was on VLCD forever it seems like. Here are my stats:

HT - 5'5
    WT - 162 (as of this morning)
    I workout out for about an hour 6 days a week (strength & cardio)
    Macros are 40, 30, 30 and I'm usually pretty good on hitting them (can be under on fat and over on protein most days though)
    Water intake is about 15-20 glasses a day so unless I'm drinking too much water, I don't think that's the issue
    I hate salt so I try to stay away as much as possible

I'm starting P90X on 8/20/12 so hopefully the heavier lifting will help as well.