P90X??

Who has tried it? worth it/not worth it??

Replies

• srhawkins
    srhawkins Posts: 5 Member
    Haven't tried it, but I've heard it's pretty amazing!
  • Ive ordered 30 days shredded by Jillian Michaels, the reviews seem pretty good, cant wait to start it
  • I did the 30 day shred for about 12 days (I had to stop because of injury) and I noticed small changes fairly early on, but you have to take it seriously, it doesn't work if you only do it half-arsed and take it easy on the beginners level for the whole 30 days without trying
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    Hello everyone, My name is Toya. I live in Wisconsin. I am 31 years old and I am 5'9 and currently 247 pounds. I have 2 children ages 13 and 7. In Novemver 2011 I weighed 305 pounds. I started a weight loss challenge at my job and have been losing every since. My goal is to becoma a personal traniner and a zumba instructor. My first goal is to get down to 220 pounds by the end of this year. I will acheive this goal by being persistent and staying motivated. I workout each day (most days for two hours at a time doing classes at the gym. I am now seeking to tone my body and get strong abs. Nice to meet each of you. Lets motivate each other. Let do this!!!! :flowerforyou:

I have all types of excercise dvd's at home. I have turbo fire, tae bo, supreme 90, jillian micheals, jackie with interval training, this all in addition to my gym membership which I use all the time. I'm going to combine all of these and watch my body get shredded.

Nice to meet everyone. I would love to hear any advice and tips/
  • I purchased it but have not completed it all the way through. I was working through the Lean program, I think. I enjoyed most of the cd's. Not to say they were easy and was using bands for the pull ups. If it was too intense or I was just incapable of doing the moves, I would jump on my bike for the duration of a move I could not do. My problem with it is I work a day job, and then 4 nights a week so I couldn't do it straight. I'd say if you're an exercise fanatic, I am - you'll love it.

My P90X will eventually have to be P180X as that is how long it weill take me to get through.
  • SaraaaBP
    SaraaaBP Posts: 6 Member
    I never finished the full 90 days, but within the few weeks that I did do P90X, I was noticeably gaining muscle and feeling better.

I've seen the results of it from my brother and sister in-law, my brother was definitely ripped and his wife had lost a 25lbs and looked great.

Although I have never finished it, I do believe in P90X. I think it's amazing and is worth the try.
  • nolansgyrl
    nolansgyrl Posts: 1 Member
    I am in my second week of the lean version of it and I love it! I started once before with my hubby but due to his work schedule we stopped but we are back on it now.
  • I live in WI too, in Green Bay are you anywhere near there? I am finally starting to exercise everyday it's a stuggle but i am determined to lose the weight, I'm around overweight could lost around 30lbs. so I am trying hard. I am very active yet the weight goes NO where, I feel like i was meant to be this weight, I play softball, kickball, I am not taking Zumba classes 2xs a week I walk, bike, and will try to start to run even though I can't stand to run. I don' think I eat horribly but I guess I will see how this shows my eating habits as I love food and love cheese! plus drinking can be an issue, I am from Wisconsin after all.
    I have been going at this alone for qutie awhile that's why I think I have not gotten anywhere it's hard to do this on your own with no support! I am bound and determined to tighten up and lose inches, the number doesn't bother me but the inches do!
  • thanks for the info everyone:) I think I might have to try p90x---right now I can't afford to buy the whole program of dvd's though---it is pretty pricey! However, I purchased 30 day shred a while back but haven't tried it yet. I have heard good things about it though so I think I will give that a try first and then try to save money for P90X. I really appreciate everyone;s opinions and advice:)
  • do any of you have a favorite go-to workout dvd or workout routine???
  • alleykatwill
    alleykatwill Posts: 25 Member
    I have not tried P90X but I am doing Tapout XT. I have been doing it for a month and have already seen and felt results. I LOVE TAPOUT XT. I look forward to my workout everyday! I plan on trying out P90X after my 90 days with Tapout XT. I also incorporate running and some of the Brazilian Booty Lift Workouts every week. The Tummy Tuck DVD is Awesome for you abs!