NSV - why I love lifting weights

Options
evilmonkee
evilmonkee Posts: 55 Member
I was cleaning my house this weekend, and I came across my very favorite pair of jeans from high school that I just couldn't part with. When I wore them, I was 17, and about 110-115 lbs (I'm 5'1").
Now I'm 127-129, and 27 years old, so I thought there was no way they'd fit, but I tried them on just out of curiosity.
Not only they fit very comfortably, but they were loose around the waist. Same thing with my prom dress- it was loose around the waist and the hips, a bit snug in the chest and shoulders. If getting old means bigger chest and smaller belly, then bring it on!

Of course, now I know better than to wear low-rise distressed jeans with rhinestone appliques, so they went back in the box as soon as I took them off. Despite the fact that I had terrible taste in clothes when I was in HS, I've still been feeling smug since last Sunday.

Replies

• crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So fun! Congrats!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    isn't that awesome?!? I don't know why people get so hung up on scale weight...I'll take being a smaller size but heavier any day!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That is just the BEST!! So happy for you :)

And totally agree jenluvsushi, TOTALLY!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats! :)
  • Glitter969
    Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And thanks for making me smile, I definitely identified with the "terrible taste in high school".
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    VERY cool!!

I was in high school in the early 70s, soooo........
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I still hold on to my favorite pair of college jeans, just in case. I would be floored if I could slip them on easily one day!
  • nannabannana
    Options
    WONDERFUL NSV, so happy for you:)
    I still have a Sweetheart Key Club Dress...hmmmm..always let the Grandaughters play dress up with it and some other prom dresses. Guess Nanna needs to try them on..lol
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! You must feel so proud! As a teen in the 80's, I didn't save one piece of clothing! Congrats!
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely BRILLIANT!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I love hearing this kind of stuff!!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!