FIRST FILL !!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I'm getting my first fill today.
I've been off track for about two weeks when I discovered that I could eat real food and not have any restriction and I'm frustrated!
Everyone says my first fill won't be very effective, that it's the second or third fill that takes you to your sweet spot.
Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i totally know where ur coming from i got operated in december i lost 30 pounds..in march i got my 1st plateau and then kinda started giving up coz my scale wasnt budging .so i started eating to find out i was capable of eating like b4 ..but i didnt gain weight in may i went on vacation to jamaica..i ate and gained 5 pounds..and i have been able 2 lose the 5 pounds or anymore weight..

i went to c the dr he put me a 1.5cc in my band..which was already empty to begin with! and i still havent lost any weight! they say the 3rd fill is better.
  • jcaldwell009
    Options
    I had my fill, it was painless. I am on liquids now for 24 hours then pureed for 24 then slowly introduce solids. I just drank a protein shake and it went down ok (with lots of small burps in between sips) but now feel just the slightest bit nauseous and really full.
    I feel like I could be back on track even though its only been a couple hours, I feel like that might have been what I needed, to see everyone at my dr's office get lots of hugs and support.
    And I met an old guy that has lost 140 pounds in less than a year. Sal. Way to go Sal, he's like an old player now at his retirement community. Good head on Sal.
  • jcaldwell009
    Options
    Nikki, when can you get your next fill? At my dr, they say after my second fill (six weeks from now) I can come every two weeks for a fill until I find nirvana.
    I hope you find yours soon!
    Don't you feel like people who know you've had the surgery look at you in judgement like, "shouldn't you be skinnier by now?"
    I do!! It's only been a month. I told a lot of people about my surgery so they can keep me acccountable but now I wish I hadn't.
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    my next fill will only b on the 25th of september because i am going on vacation next week! and i couldnt get an earlier appointment since he was on vacation! im really worried about gaining!

i feel like u! i know im supposed 2 have been wayyy further then i am! and its frustrating! like u i feel stupid for telling people and now im just ashamed of myself!! if ihave any complications with the band i think ill just ask them to do me a sleeve instead!