Month 2

Options
hey everyone,my name is andros and i've just started month 2 of insanity finding the workouts really tough but i've heard that month two is the big results month so this is what is keeping me motivated. Although i have lost 6 pounds so far which is amazing for me because i could NEVER get under the 11 stone mark throughout the whole of last year even whilst going gym at least 3 times a week, i havent got the physical results that i would have expected to have by now.
has anyone completed month 2 or is in month two and is it true about the massive change i can expect in my body?
hope to hear from someeeeee :D:D javascript:add_smiley('smile','topic_body')

Replies

• ndommel1733
    ndommel1733 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Greetings from month 2! I'm actually 7 workouts away from finishing the program and yes, month 2 is the devil. The whole purpose of month 1 is to get your body in good enough condition to do month 2 without passing out or dropping dead. It's true what they say; big changes in month 2 for sure. I'm more of the rule rather than the exception. For example, I've only lost 4 pounds however, my pants are practically falling off and my husband says my clothes are just hanging off of me. It's true what they all say; toss the scale and pay attention to how your clothes fit. The numbers can be discouraging, but the program works, there's no doubt about it. I've got lines where I never had them before and feel totally confident in a two piece (did I mention I'm a mom of two small kids?).

Mind you, at 5' tall 126 lbs I wasn't expected great weight loss. If I can get under 120 I'll be psyched but I'll take 5 pounds with no complaints. I think the real challenge will come after Insanity, the maintenance phase. Personally, I miss my old routine, but knowing what i've learned through MFP about calorie counting and protein intake, I'll certainly need to tweek things a bit.

Do you have a HR monitor?
  • SHAMLEYCHAR
    Options
    that is awesome..... i hope i see the same results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.. I just saw this group and joined in today. I'm in Recovery Week of Insanity now. Starting Month 2 on Monday. Excited about seeing results but also hoping I can deal with it. (Not passing out or dropping dead... Love that answer!!) Here's to getting our butts kicked and liking it. :)
    Dale
  • MA60ULD
    MA60ULD Posts: 17
    Options
    Do you all reccomend it then?

The commercials look great
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same week right now.
    I'm both excited and scared for month 2. I might need some encouragement if it is really tough.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Do you all reccomend it then?

The commercials look great

I wholeheartly recommend it!! It is an awesome work out!! Be warned, it never gets easy.. You will finally be able to get through the workouts without stopping (as much) as time goes by, but you will never NOT be pushed in any of the routines. I've added 10-minute trainer to my daily routine for now. I may rethink that starting next week with Month 2. But, I'm excite to see what happens.. If you are dedicated enough to stick with it, it is worth the money, the sweat and the burn.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    I'm in the same week right now.
    I'm both excited and scared for month 2. I might need some encouragement if it is really tough.

I've been hearing from others that this coming month is where we see the changes. I already feel mentally better, but I am ready to see some differences. Like they said, just get up and push "Play" everyday and the chnages will come. I'll keep checking back in here each day to see how it's going. I do my workouts at 4:15 am, so that starts my day off with a big bang. :) Good Luck next week!!!
    **D**
  • androsjl
    Options
    i just finished week 1 of month two but i havent got any results since i started the week, i'm feeling a little discouraged because my big aim is to be able to see abs by the end of insanity and with only 3 weeks left and these slow results i dont think it will happen.
  • dalehall64
    Options
    i just finished week 1 of month two but i havent got any results since i started the week, i'm feeling a little discouraged because my big aim is to be able to see abs by the end of insanity and with only 3 weeks left and these slow results i dont think it will happen.

I knew going into this that I wasn't going to get the "60 Day as seen on TV" results because of the bad shape I was in. I am hoping to get close to those results after about 90 days of Insanity with others (like 10-Minute Trainer) thrown in also.
    Don't get too discouraged. If you quit, it's assured you won't see any results. Even little results for now will be better than no results. Plus, in some fitness circles, I've heard ot said, "You'll see the results of this week (good or bad) next week.

How was the first week of Month 2?
  • androsjl
    Options
    it was difficult but i pushed through it, i just did the first day of week 2 and i pushed really hard and was happy but i binged in the night and now feel like crap. im just so frustrated that i dont have the results i wanted by now or at least steady results. i cant handle this it means so much to me
  • dalehall64
    Options
    Glad you made it through.. I just had a bad morning with Day 2, Month 2. I got my knee pretty well messed up yesterday afternoon and trying to do the Plyo was very hard on the knee this morning. I pushed through, but was very disappointed in my performance due to trying to baby the knee. Now, it's kinda put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.. Hoping the day goes nowhere but up from here.. Looks like I'm goig to try and add a few 10-Minute Trainer sessions this afternoon to help make up for my poor performance this morning.. Hope everyone else has a better day..
  • michellejanuary3
    michellejanuary3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    it was difficult but i pushed through it, i just did the first day of week 2 and i pushed really hard and was happy but i binged in the night and now feel like crap. im just so frustrated that i dont have the results i wanted by now or at least steady results. i cant handle this it means so much to me

Have you been logging all of your food so far thru the program or better yet, following their recommended ratios? I'm only on week 2 but I've researched so much and it appears that the nutrition part of it plays a big role in results. I use to binge and I totally know the feeling, but if I can encourage you at all, shake it off and move forward. Today is a new day and chances are, you'll probably work off all of those calories in your next work out :)
  • michellejanuary3
    michellejanuary3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Glad you made it through.. I just had a bad morning with Day 2, Month 2. I got my knee pretty well messed up yesterday afternoon and trying to do the Plyo was very hard on the knee this morning. I pushed through, but was very disappointed in my performance due to trying to baby the knee. Now, it's kinda put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.. Hoping the day goes nowhere but up from here.. Looks like I'm goig to try and add a few 10-Minute Trainer sessions this afternoon to help make up for my poor performance this morning.. Hope everyone else has a better day..

Hang in there!! Hope your day gets better too and hope your knee recovers quickly! That stinks :/
  • ndommel1733
    Options
    Try to put your binge night behind you and move on. Keep that feeling you have after binging locked up, knowing that if you binge again you will feel the same way and you'll thwart your ability to see better results. Just keeping it real. Nutrition is incredibly important in conjunction with any workout. It really is the deciding factor of whether or not you'll see those lines you're craving for.

So brush it under the carpet and really try to focus on nutrition. Protein, Fat, Carbs, in that order of importance. The more protein you have, the fuller you'll feel. And of course, tons of water. I swear Insanity makes you drink more water. I've never been so thirsty in my whole life then after I started this program.

I heard someone recently say, "Eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a king and dinner like a pauper."
  • androsjl
    Options
    hey guys i was just thinking that im not getting the best results maybe because im not eating enough. im quite strict with the amount of calories i eat. according to my bmr without any exercise i burn 1800 calories a day so that is what i am aiming to eat everyday, i usually get between 1500-1800 but with the amount of exercise i am doing with insanity is this enough. i am 5 foot 7 and weigh 149 pound male
  • ndommel1733
    Options
    You sound very lean. Add more protein to help you build more muscles. How much protein is in your diet now?
  • androsjl
    Options
    i wish i was lean lol i mean i look fine in clothes and stuff and im fine with my weight but my body fat percentage is around 20% and i can feel it and see it on my stomach and chest and really wanna get rid of it. according to my tracking i get around 60-70 grams of protein a day. i feel like i eat enough food and if i eat anymore i will gain weight rather then lose it
  • ndommel1733
    Options
    More protein, more, more, more! Don't worry about gaining weight from eating more protein, and if anything it'll help you build more muscle. It also helps you feel fuller longer. Even I aim for 190 grams a day and I'm 5' tall 122 pounds. Try to get half of you daily calories from protein...see what happens and how you feel!
  • androsjl
    Options
    Wow isn't that a lot I don't even know how I would eat the much. I'd have to be eating meat all the time or have a protein shake everyday
  • ndommel1733
    Options
    I wont lie, it's not easy to find that much and on most days I don't make that goal. I do eat a can of tuna on most days, I have a two scoop protein shake every morning (perfectly fine to have a shake every day) with 1 egg and 2 egg whites, and yes, I love steak so I have that once to twice per week. Other great ways to find protein: ground turkey, chicken in all shapes and sizes, nuts (just be watchful of portions), peanut butter (all natural is best) and fish. A 4 ounce serving of boneless sirloin steak has more protein and less calories than a 4 ounce serving of boneless, skinless chicken breast. Yes, it has more fat, only a few grams. Goes to show you how bad for you steak isn't. Opt for less marbling and grill it. Ground turkey and ground chicken are also good but can be bland if you don't do something to it. Brown and mix with taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup water. Tacos are an great way to get protein AND more veggies! Skip the sour cream and heavy cheese. Even shells are only 65 calories a piece. Or make a taco salad or wrap but be careful of wraps. Some wraps can have as many calories and carbs as a bulkie roll. Turkey burgers with sliced avocado, baked chicken parm, quiche...great, now I'm hungry!