Feel free to talk about anything and everything here! :smile:

Replies

• angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Gym. In a group or by urself. Kinda nervous to go by myself
  • ashleeejade
    Options
    Hey Angel, I much prefer to go on my own to be honest. When I've met up with friends at the gym, I get distracted and don't work as hard. I go in my own little zone and nobody is even paying any attention to you because they're all doing the same thing you are!
  • blmiles89
    Options
    Right now, I can't really afford to go to the gym so I exercise at home. When I do go though, I prefer to go alone. I agree it can be distracting with others you know around.

I also have a question concerning the scoreboard... are we posting our weekly weight loss or overall weight loss? I've been posting my weekly but there are some huge numbers on there that I'm sure aren't weekly numbers. :-p
  • ashleeejade
    Options
    All over weight loss :)
  • blmiles89
    Options
    Just remembered to check back here! I can't keep up with all the boards. Lol. Well I guess I've been doing it wrong so I'll change it to my overall this week! :-P
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Gym. In a group or by urself. Kinda nervous to go by myself

Well I used to go by myself when my gym was close to home. Now that the location is further away, I go with a group to carpool. Since I lift, it is better to go with a group in case you need a spotter. Usually I only need spotters for some exercises, but it's always nice to have someone looking at your form and making sure it's correct.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey Angel, I much prefer to go on my own to be honest. When I've met up with friends at the gym, I get distracted and don't work as hard. I go in my own little zone and nobody is even paying any attention to you because they're all doing the same thing you are!

I think you need to find a group with similar goals. When I go with my buddies, we are all there for the same reason. So we get distracted as we rest, but we immediately hit it when it's our turn. That way we get to mentally relax, and physically improve.