Toning - losing inches?

Options
agbaeb
agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
Hey!

I'm SUPER excited that I ordered my book after months of not getting around to it. :)

I've arrived at the general weight I'm looking for, but I really want to tone. People tell me I'll bulk with lifting. In my mind I know that's not true because I'm eating at a calorie-deficit.

If you've lost inches and toned (even if you've not lost a lb), can I see pictures of the before/after? I know this is what I should do... I just would like to "tone" and see more definition in my abs and legs.

Thanks!

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I don't really have good before & after pictures yet, but half-way through stage 4, I've lost 2 inches off my waist since April (from 40" to 38"). You will definitely not "bulk up" unless you take steroids and eat a significant calorie/protein surplus. :happy:
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Don't have pics either... but I went from a size 12 to a size 8... also in Stage 4 (started in April). My weight is pretty much unchanged.
  • mercury8826
    Options
    Not really far enough to have any positive changes, but if you don't mind, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see all the inspiring NSVs. ^^
  • Febgirl
    Febgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress (just started stage 5), but here's my before and during:

Feb292012429x1024268x640-1.jpg
    13July2012-1.jpg

I've lost around 4 inches off my waist, and 3 inches off each thigh :)
  • riouxt
    riouxt Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress (just started stage 5), but here's my before and during:

Feb292012429x1024268x640-1.jpg
    13July2012.jpg

I've lost around 4 inches off my waist, and 3 inches off each thigh :)

Your arms look amazing, too. You're definitely more muscular. Congrats. :)
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am in phase 3 and I am a lot stronger and seeing definition in my arms. I haven't measured myself but all of my clothes still fit. You should go for it.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Febgirl you look amazing!! Definite changes!!