Week 6 Day 3... And the race is in 3.5 weeks

Options
susannahcooks
susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
No more interval runs left in the training program, and I'm officially registered for my race (Sept 9). I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Will run Week 6 Day 3 after work today. Need to step up my outdoor training over the next 3 weeks - I will admit that I'm nervous about this, I'm lots slower on ground than on treadmill. But holy crap, what a distance I've come!

Replies

• kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Yay! I'm so happy for you... you've definitely come a long way. Who cares that it's slower... do what you need and can do to finish your race. Do you have any goals set for your first race yet? Mine was to finish under 40 minutes for my first 5k several months ago.

Keep it up and good luck! :drinker:
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud! Who cares what your time is for your first race? If you run the race, you've succeeded. Then you can work on beating your time in your next race.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go and good luck on your 5K!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I'm only on W3D3 today and my 5k is the same weekend as yours. We'll have to check back in afterwards. Best of luck to us all!
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So proud for you I know just how you feel. I will run my second 5k sept 15th with both my girls running to. Are we awsome or what?? I anyone had told me last year at this time I would be doing this I would have laughed at them. You know I'll be cheering you on all the way. :flowerforyou:
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm on W6D2 and my first 5K is on September 9 as well. We've got this!

Too many newbies get hung up on the time of their first 5K. This isn't my first rodeo, but it has been a LONG time since I did a road race. I keep reminding myself not to try to keep pace with others or start off too fast. I just need to focus on what's the right pace and time for me and then improving on that with each additional 5K.