What foods do you downfall on??????

Doozer1978
Doozer1978 Posts: 61 Member
Having emotionally eaten since as young as 6 I have learnt (not always the easy way) what foods I make a bee line for - what I can and can't have in my flat! These usually rear their ugly head after I have had a hard day at work and the diet can "start again" tomorrow......

My usual culprits are often:

Pringles....after I have popped and not stopped till I have seen the bottom the "what the hell" attitude kicks in and that's it - anything is fair game!!!!!!!

Boxes of chocolates.......being a teacher I get a box or two throughout the year. I eat the first layer and then the whole "I wonder if the bottom layer is exactly the same" curiosity kicks in......I bend my fingers round the divider and kid myself that I only had a few out of the top layer. Back in the cupboard they go.....only to come out two minutes later when I eat every chocolate - even the ones I don't like!!!!!!

Glasses of wine......one glass? What is the point of putting it back in the fridge....I have had a horrid day - I "deserve" it.....drink the whole bottle why not!!!!!!(wail!!!!).

.......what do all of you lot see as your downfall foods??????

Replies

• For me its always been chocolate and bread. I've always had a sweet tooth.. The former I definitely cannot keep in the house because as soon as I have a bad phase its the first thing I turn to and if its a large bar of chocolate, I will eat the whole lot. It almost instantly makes me feel better inside at the time. If there isnt chocolate or bread available I'll tend to find something else quick to prepare thats comforting and sugary.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    OH my...I can't have M&M's in the house or I want to eat the whole bag...

Oreo cookies and chocolate chip cookie dough!
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Cake and ice cream....brownies or cookies...I guess anything sweet. If it is in my house I will eat it.
  • Crystalmh88
    Crystalmh88 Posts: 6 Member
    FLSLP87 omah gosh! yes! lol

Oreos

Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

They always get me into trouble and they are my go-to foods when I'm extremely angry...fortunately I havent had either in a while so I guess i'm doing ok. Those 100 calorie oreos just upset me :explode:
  • Doozer1978
    Bread and chocolate.......oh god....Nutella sandwiches.......now that is something to avoid! Bread and chocolate! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

In fact opening a jar of Nutella.....I can eat it by the spoon. I have to stay well and truly clear of it if I have had a rough day at work!
    I remember living with my mum and smearing it round the edges of the glass jar so it always looked full.....until it was picked up!

The things I used to do to cover up my comfort eating!!!! Makes me cringe!

Thanks for sharing guys xxxx makes me feel less of a freak when I run from certain aisles in the supermarket!!!!! xxxx
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Pizza, I can never just have one piece and always want it when I'm stressed.
  • My weakness is bread and pasta dishes (favorite Fetuccini Alfredo). I am not good at portion control. I try to avoid eating in Italian restaraunts at all costs and always ask the waiters not to bring bread to our table, or to only bring enough for my husband.
  • Almond butter. Only very recently have I learned that I can actually survive without eating half the container in one sitting!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Oh lord...it depends on how 'friendly' my brain is being that night. For instance:

If you see me with 6 oreos, or two pieces of pizza, some dumplings from the chinese place or a mcdouble I am moderately upset.

If you see me with the Pupu platter (Friend shrimp toast, friend chicken, fried egg rolls ect) or a pint of ben and jerry's, just go.
    The guilt of eating those things is starting to outweigh the emotional benefits though...

I'm the emotional binger who will eat ANYTHING when I'm upset.

Or I was ;)
  • Doozer1978
    Chinese dumplings........nooooooo.........I had forgotten about them!!!!!!!!!
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Pizza...love it...Love it so much I try to stay away as much as I can...
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    real butter! I was just telling someone the other day that I cannot have it in my house, I will find a way to eat all that there is and find some sort of bread/potato to go with it! I will slither it to death and before I know it, it's ALL gone! When I am emotional I have been known to make a huge bowl of instant mashed potatoes with real butter and eat the entire thing! It all starts with the butter...
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Klondike Bars :P
  • AsiasMommy
    AsiasMommy Posts: 64 Member
    Scooby Doo Fruit Snacks lol
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Beer combined with pizza. I can have 5 of each for dinner and thats my whole days worth of calories! Chocolate and fresh bread come in a close second followed by pasta and lasagna, mmm ...
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Reduced fat cheezits--they're not even that good but the crunch and salt is addictive for me.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    First things that come to mind...hamburgers/fries (particularly a #1 w/ Cheese, Mayo, instead of mustard) and Nacho Cheese Doritos. I do not buy Doritos for the house.
  • I agree with Fairfield - cheeze its - fat free cheddar
    chocolate anything - replaced with Slim Fast bars
    milk shakes
    bread
    ice cream - I'm allowing myself a little, 100 calorie bar thing
    Cheese Puffs
    Pizza - thick from Ginos East
  • mehovaj
    mehovaj Posts: 1
    I am what I call a constant snacker!! If its in the house, I will eat it!

I love gold fish and can eat an entire bag if its in front of me! I prefer the salty lately as opposed to the sweet.
  • Ice cream and more ice cream. Oh yea and milk shakes, which is melted ice cream lol