weights

Options
freya33
freya33 Posts: 149 Member
I have just started the 30 day shred and done day 2 level 1.
What dumbell weights do people use. i do not have any and using water bottles. The local shops only sell sets of 6 dumbells not a single pair so do not really want to buy a set. I was thinking of filling bottles with sand so will weigh more but not sure what to aim for.

Replies

• chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of weight cuffs from Amazon (1.5lb each) they are ok especially as I get a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome (spelling?) in my wrists and sometimes find it very hard to hold things like water bottles/dumbells/WII contolers etc.

When I was looking on Amazon there was a massive selection the only problem is you need to know what you want (cant try before you buy)

good luck
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm using 3 pound weights if that's helpful. It seems to be just light enough to get me through the whole workout ... my hubby's 5 lb weights didn't last long at all!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    3 or 5 is probably the go to answer. I start off trying with 5s and often drop to 2.5s as we go along (Im on day 5) I dont own 3s so 2.5 is my next size down from 5.
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think your idea with the water bottle filled with sand is a good one, I don 't know how much that would weigh but I use 5 pounds weights throughout the exercise except when I get to the last part of the arms and legs, where you have to lift the weights to your eye level, I can't do the 5 pounds, so I drop it back down to the 3 pounds.
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    I read somewhere on MFP to start off with 3lbs and then to move up to 5lbs. So that's where I'm at, 3 lbs.