50 days

Options
2»

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Stephie - I hope all is well!! Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. <3

I've had an okay weekend food-wise, but my jeans and shirt were SO tight today. Shouldn't my inches be going down at least a little? This is very frustrating. Pushing on with high hopes!!

In other news, I've got a weird problem. For over a year, I've been having these episodes (very rarely) where I'll be sitting or laying down, doing nothing strenuous, relaxing, watching TV and all of a sudden, I'll breathe out and it is a struggle to breathe back in. I'll breathe normally for a bit, then it does it again. Only a couple times. Then my chest gets tighter, sometimes I get pains and I can hear and feel my heart beating. Then I feel like I need to cough. Until last night, I'd never had an episode around anyone. I was sitting with my boyfriend, watching TV, and it happened. I told him what I was feeling and noticed that as I was speaking, I had to stop every few words to take a breath. Then my head felt kind of fuzzy ... like I had a buzz, but hadn't had anything to drink. I've controlled the episodes by sitting still, concentrating on my breathing, making sure I'm completely relaxed. I did this last night and the episode went on for a good hour; up until now, the longest I've had an episode was half an hour. I've never had an issue when working out or doing anything other than sitting still or laying down. I've decided this has gone on too long, I don't think it's a panic attack and I'm not sure it's superficial. Going to schedule an appointment with our at-work nurse this week to see if she can refer me to someone or give advice.
  • thewang
    thewang Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Went to a fish fry Saturday for a friends wedding anniversary.... bad day... It's TOM so I'm bloated and the fried food didn't help at all!
    Back to it this week and determined to track this weekend even though I'll be busy again!
  • thewang
    thewang Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Had a great day yesterday!!!!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Glad to hear you're back on track!! Doesn't it feel great? :smile:

I'm actually doing pretty well myself! Despite having to take a couple sick days from work, I've kept my eating under control (I came in around 400 below my calories yesterday, but it was late and I could NOT eat any more and didn't have any peanut butter or anything super calorie dense to eat!), and I've gotten my workouts in. I have one more full-body strength training workout to do tomorrow, plus 20 minutes of HIIT. I'd planned on a full-body circuit routine this weekend, but I think I've found something better. A hike! My boyfriend and I are celebrating our one-year anniversary by going to a local hiking spot. He went once when he was in 8th or 9th grade, but I've never been. I'll have to post pictures or something when I get back ... pretty sure it's going to be spectacular! :bigsmile: There's going to be some amateur rock climbing involved, too, so it really will be a full-body workout! Yay!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Here's what I posted in the EM2WL forums (em2wl.com):

Just wanted to post an update and vent some frustrations. This is beginning week 3 for me of my consistency. I hit my calories every day last week except Saturday. I went on a 4-hour hike and ended up netting only 500+ calories. I could NOT eat any more! Ouch. I burned over 2700!! I lifted two days (heavy!) and did 40 minutes total of HIIT in two 20-minute sessions. I drank adequate water (always do!) and have been super regular thanks to probiotics (TMI - sorry.). BUT, this morning when I went to put on a pair of my usual black dress pants for work ... they were tighter than ever. Tighter than they were when I did the reset!! Tighter than they have been since I bought them.

I don't get it. I don't think I'm retaining *that* much water because I am getting up at least four times per night to go! I drink lots and lots and lots of water throughout the day. I am not going to falter from the process, but I hate that I am even bigger than I have been during EM2WL. I couldn't fit into the shirt I tried on first this morning and had to settle for another, bigger shirt. Sigh.

Any words of motivation? Or ... anything I am doing wrong?? Shouldn't SOMETHING be happening other than gaining? I'm supposed to eat around 2700 to maintain. I'm eating at 2400, plus exercising, not netting below my BMR (with the exception of hiking that one day), eating cleanER than usual (I've added lots of veggies), staying hydrated ... it's not paying off.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    ... and I actually split my pants at work today! :laugh: OMG. LOL, if I weren't laughing ... I'd be crying. What a journey this is!!!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I think I recall you saying you have thyroid issues...I just found out I have hashimotos thyroiditis (hypo) and was told to remove gluten from my diet and that I would see weight loss as soon as I did. Well guess what, I removed gluten 5 days ago and lost a pound already. I lost nothing in the last 12 weeks which 12 weeks ago is when the hashimotos presumably started. There is a lot of info on the net about gluten and thryoid so if I am correct in that you do have a thyroid issue you might want to look into this.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    I think I recall you saying you have thyroid issues...I just found out I have hashimotos thyroiditis (hypo) and was told to remove gluten from my diet and that I would see weight loss as soon as I did. Well guess what, I removed gluten 5 days ago and lost a pound already. I lost nothing in the last 12 weeks which 12 weeks ago is when the hashimotos presumably started. There is a lot of info on the net about gluten and thryoid so if I am correct in that you do have a thyroid issue you might want to look into this.

Yep! I do! Good memory. :) I've researched hashimoto's and don't think I have it ... but I've never researched the link between thyroid issues and gluten. I'll check that out. Thank you!! Glad to hear your weight loss has started again!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hashimotos is pretty much the same thing as a hypothyroidism. While the terms are not interchangeable, hypothyroidism is often caused by hashimotos. But regardless, the gluten free thing is recommended for anyone with a thyroid condition or other autoimmune disease.

I have psoriasis as well which is an autoimmune condition and affected by gluten too.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options

I am also hypothyroid. I tested negative for Hashi's, but am hypo and have PCOS. I cut gluten and dairy out of my diet two years ago and it was the best thing I've ever done. I feel worlds better and I am able to keep my weight off a lot easier.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    So ... I've done quite a bit of reading and am now more confused than ever! Haha. I am on Synthroid, which apparently is only a T4 medication. I've read about dessicated thyroid meds (like Armour) which provide all of the needed supplements. SO, I've scheduled an appointment to talk to my doctor about trying Armour. I'm still experiencing hair loss and I think I've accepted my sleepiness as typical, so maybe I am still lacking something.

I've researched gluten and the thyroid, as well as dairy and the thyroid. I'm not sure I'm gluten intolerant, but I see that there's a test. I'm going to ask about that when I go to the doctor. I'm not sure I want to cut out gluten before knowing that it's causing an issue. I *did* read that the gluten and lactose intolerance can be directly related, though! I also read about psoriasis, too! It's amazing how much of this can be tied together!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    This morning I woke up, showered, put some clothes on and cried. I'm so tired. I'm fatter, I jiggle, my clothes don't fit (again), I'm bloated, I'm fatigued, I just want to stay in my PJs all day, my bras don't fit, I'm getting comments from people, looks from people, it feels like I'm doing a reset and I'm not! I'm at a 15% cut from maintenance ... and I just keep gaining. I've done nothing but gain since starting EM2WL. I am so flippin' sad; I don't know what to do. I can't survive on 1200 calories and I don't want to, nor will I try. But I do not understand why I am not losing anything. I've been doing this for almost half a year now ... half a year. I want to crawl in a hole, hide and starve until I'm at least the weight I was before! I hate this. I don't want to gain any more and don't understand why I'm gaining in the first place.

Thinking of trying one week gluten free ... not sure if I really want to do that before knowing it's causing an issue, but ... maybe I should try?

Just frustrated this morning. Tired of being fat. I'm stronger than I was before, but at what cost? Sorry for the rants. They seem to come in cycles. I just want this to work, I want this to be over, I want to be on my way to healthy.