i need a new workout! HELP!!

Options
my workout seems to not be working. ive been running for 3 miles at a 6.5-7.0/mph pace at a 2% incline and then lifting weights everyday changing everyday between legs/abs and upper body. i also do yoga five days a week and usually swim for four hours (for practice) and i cant change the swimming part but does anyone have any suggestions on any dry land that could help me drop fat faster?

Replies

• carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i've heard supersets with weightlifting work. I personally haven't tried them, so you may want to research them first. Also, are you eating enough? I had to eat astronomical amounts when I was swimming competitively just to maintain my weight. It was a fight to keep weight on often, so losing while swimming shouldn't require a huge caloric drop.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

You may need to look at your calorie intake - are you eating enough and getting proper nutrition to maintain a loss as well as being strong enough for all you activities. Do you take any rest days or are you overtraining?
  • blackgem98
    blackgem98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my workout seems to not be working. ive been running for 3 miles at a 6.5-7.0/mph pace at a 2% incline and then lifting weights everyday changing everyday between legs/abs and upper body. i also do yoga five days a week and usually swim for four hours (for practice) and i cant change the swimming part but does anyone have any suggestions on any dry land that could help me drop fat faster?

Hi Beautiful, it sounds like you are doing a lot, but other than the yoga you don't say how often you are doing each activity. You also don't say how long you've been exercising, nor how much weight you've lost since you started. You need to share that, so that we can see if your expectations are realistic.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You haven't actually posted your workout, what are you doing in these weightlifting sessions

Do you record every session in a book or training log?
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    weighttraining.com has some good exercise programs.. some are free and some you have to pay for.. I've only been doing the free ones!
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Are your weight workouts challenging? Make sure you are using enough weight. Maybe try a change up in the running- instead of a steady pace trying increasing/decreasing the pace or lncline through your workout. Also make sure your eating healthy foods!