Paleocleanse question

Options
alabelle1
alabelle1 Posts: 31 Member
Has anyone bought the paleocleanse shake?
I have it- it is good, I am trying to kick start some weight loss and was thinking of doing 2 shakes a day then a dinner. But i see that i really need to watch what i put in the shake to keep my carb intake down. I am desperate to kick start some weight loss.
Any suggestions??

Replies

• Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this has anything to do with a paleo diet considering its ingredients (rice, pea protein, maltodextrin et al)? Sometimes I wonder if companies see a way to leverage a market niche or profit when they see people gravitating to one thing or another (eating healthy; preferring fuel efficient cars; smartphones). Whey based products are one of the fastest growing categories, probably because of the convenience and branding as healthy.

And I know people have reconcilled eating prepared processed powders with a paleo lifestyle, but personally have not ... still stick to eating real food and if a cleanse is needed, then fasting. There's no hard & fast paleo "rule", so to each his/her own.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Why don't you kickstart a net calorie deficit for a few months? I guarantee the weight will come off.

As to the "Paleocleanse," it seems Paleo has jumped the shark.

--P
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    It sounds like they just jumped on the "paleo" bandwagon..... It has some really NOT paleo ingredients. How about just eating real food?
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Agree - no on the paleocleanse shakes based on those ingredients. I simply ate paleo (and still do) and lost my weight.

I also am put off on the "cleanse" name.
  • alabelle1
    alabelle1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What cal amount do you suggest to drop too?
    Thanks everyone for your input and thoughts :)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You should probably read up on paleo/primal if that's the lifestyle you're wanting. It's SO much more than dropping calories