Introduce Yourself

Options
Hi, I am Kristen. I am 27 yrs old from RI (the wee little state). I havn't been a member of MFP too long, but I am glad I did! I have been on both extremes of the scale and have tried many ways to lose weight and for just as many reasons! Right now, I am currently looking to be toned and athletic.

Uhhhhh JMMac is my sister and Melly Mel is my friend :) They are my inspirations.

Some of the activites I do to try and stay fit are these mini challenges, a class with Melissa, jogging and archery.

Replies

• Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I'm Amber, 27, from Upstate NY. I've been heavy most my entire life. I was a chubby kid growing up and I currently weigh less than I did in 4th grade! I am the smallest I've been in my adult life. I have a 3 1/2 yr old son and a 1 1/2 yr old daughter who are my everything.

I joined MFP right after my daughter was born and was able to drop all the pregnancy weight plus about 15-20lbs more. Since then (last August) I've lost about 5 more lbs and have pretty much maintained. At the end of my pregnancy with my son, I was 276... Got to 195 before getting preg with daughter and got up to 229 at end of preg with her.

I love MFP and I, too, keep motivated with small groups and mini challenges! I'll admit that I'm a mini challenge stalker - I look for tons of mini challenges and complete as many as I can! I really like the variety in this group, though. I also attend a Zumba class twice a week and do a lot of workouts that I've found on Pinterest. Right now, My goal is to lose 7lbs for a wedding I'm going to October 12th! AFter that, I'd ultimately like to lose about 20lbs more total (and tone up my belly and loose skin)!
  • tigletcann
    Options
    Im Chelsea, I'm 18 and I'm from Plymouth, UK. I lost alot of confidence being in a 4 year relationship where I was mentally abused, I came out of the relationship 5 months ago, I've moved out, changed my hair, changed my clothing style but noticed the increase in weight which is making me really self conscious and low in confidence so I want to lose at least 21 so that I can feel confident again!

Feel free to add me as a friend as it would be nice to meet new people along this journey! :)
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    I am liking the participation so far with just making it an official group this month!
  • MamaKay3
    MamaKay3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I'm Kaylin, 29, I joined MFP a while ago after having my 3rd child and have been hiatus, I came back last week and am totally committed to losing this weight. I gained over 50lbs with my last pregnancy and so far have lost 35, I have 25lbs to my goal/assessment point. Hoping to be down 15lbs by Halloween.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love more support! :)
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

I love MFP and I, too, keep motivated with small groups and mini challenges! I'll admit that I'm a mini challenge stalker - I look for tons of mini challenges and complete as many as I can! I really like the variety in this group, though.

I am a mini challenge stalker too! lol!
    Anyway Hi! I am Kelly, I am 36 & from Ohio. I too have been heavy for much of my life hovering right around 200lbs. About 5-6 years ago I divorced my alcholic husband and decided to get my life under control. I went back to school and started working out and lost about 50lbs weighing in at 151 and for the first time in my life having a BMI in the "normal" range!

I remarried a few years ago and entered the world of "desk job" once I finished school. I enjoy the work however the draw back is that I have let 10 pounds creep back on over the last few years and bumped myself out of the "normal" range :(

I have a difficult time loosing weight so I am looking for motivation and ways to try to get rid of at least that 10lbs I found! I love MFP and the mini challenges are great because I can get most of them done during the day... I have been caught a twice in my office doing push-ups... always leads to an interesting conversation! lol!!
  • MellyMelx23o
    Options
    I'm Mel, I'm from Rhode Island. I joined MFP a little over a month ago...I found it while scrolling threw the app store on my iphone & couldn't be happier that I did! My friend/co-worker, Kristen joined at the same time & we pretty much eat, sleep, breathe, MFP. We search for mini challenges & new recipes to try. I have been doing "Insanity" for a couple weeks as well. I am determined to get on track with my diet/fitness!
  • jasminebaggins
    jasminebaggins Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jasmine and I'm 27. I've been a member of MFP for a really long time but have had a hard time sticking to it in the past. In terms of exercise, I do a lot of walking regularly but no longer am part of a gym. I enjoy swimming, belly dance and yoga especially.
  • kristen807
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jasmine and I'm 27. I've been a member of MFP for a really long time but have had a hard time sticking to it in the past. In terms of exercise, I do a lot of walking regularly but no longer am part of a gym. I enjoy swimming, belly dance and yoga especially.

Have you ever tried yoga booty ballet? It is fun :)
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Holly.

I have been on MFP since April. I am hoping to lose a total of 150 pounds. MFP is wonderful!

I am so excited about these challenges. Thank you!
  • kristen807
    Options
    yay! we wish you well on your journey and are glad to have you with us.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Amy , 40 years old originally from NY but live in Florida. I was a stick all of my life, went through 2 pregnancies and lost all the weight.....and then came my daughter LOL. I gained the least with her, after she was born I gained about 40 pounds then had to have a hysterectomy and gained another 65. Got so depressed and said F it...I'll just be a fat pig the rest of my life. Well needless to say, with kids....that is not an option so here I am. I have been on MFP since January. I never ate veggies so the first few months was eating them layered in cheese and slowly weane off the cheese. I now eat pretty much ANYTHING veggie and with no or little cheese. I am down 17lbs and have just started turbo fire and shakology. Hopefully will be posting some positive result pics in a few months :smile:

I am on daily and i try to be very motivational so anyone feel free to FR me and good luck everyone
  • kristen807
    Options
    excellent and welcome. what is turbo fire? sounds interesting :)
  • izzybeth85
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Lizz! I'm 31 & a substitute teacher in TX. I love this group & I think it's awesome that you do archery Kristen! I'm very curious about trying that out myself.
  • kristen807
    Options
    Thanks, I love the group too. Keeps me motivated. If you ever want to talk archery I pretty much and on MFP constantly! lol
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    HELLO everyone! I'm Misti, 27, from a little tiny town in Idaho. I have an 8 year old son, and a 6 month old daughter! Been with my husband for 12.5 years, (married for 1)! I've never been extremely overweight, but still overweight and not healthy. I joined MFP in 2010 when I joined a Biggest Loser competition in my town. My team actually won!!! I lost 25lbs and was healthy and happy. My life got in my way I guess and I stopped exercising, then got pregnant. I stayed pretty active during pregnancy and didn't gain too much weight. (33lbs) I am officially below my pre-prego weight, but would like to lose 20lbs to be back to healthy and happy again. LOL ! I've been at a plateau for 3 weeks now!!! Going to switch things up this week and hopefully break it! I usually walk/jog 3 miles a day 4-5 x a week. This week I am adding Active 2, and Zumba!!! Eventually I would like to start 30 DS again, but not quite yet!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    turbo fire is a work out series of dvd's. It kicks your but builds energy, and results are pretty quick. I have a beachbody coach on here that introduced me to it and follows my progress, gives me tips, she helps a lot. I will post pics with differences.
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Midge and I am 52. Most my life I have been of normal weight. 10 years ago I started to put on weight and I was in denial I felt great still active with doing things, I didn't think I was over weight. Then about 8 years ao went for my annual check up and got on the scale and it read 183...my doctor said I needed to lose some weight and told me she would be happy if I lost 20 in 6 months so I told her I would be in the 140's by the next. I was 145 the next appointment. I got down to 138 for several years the last couple years the weight snuck on...I caught a glimps of a person in the mirror that I did not recognize in April so here I am. Getting in shape to do the adventures I love to do skydiving, paddle boarding, rock climbing ( indoor we don't have mountains in FL), kayaking, and trying anything outdoors. I need to go with my son's girlfriend because my friends don't seem to be interested in my hobbies. I am now working out secretly to get into better shape then the young ones in my life... Yes I am a little competitive. Nice to meet you all and any one can add me as a friend if they are looking for encouragement and to encourage others! Yes, sorry I'm a little long winded!
  • kristen807
    Options
    turbo fire is a work out series of dvd's. It kicks your but builds energy, and results are pretty quick. I have a beachbody coach on here that introduced me to it and follows my progress, gives me tips, she helps a lot. I will post pics with differences.

sounds good! can't wait to see how it works and how you like it :)
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Carrie and I'm 38. I've been on MFP since November 2010. I love it here. I was always the "big girl" in class. I always thought of myself being fat, this led to the yo-yo dieting when I was younger. It wasn't until I was diagnosed with MS (2002) that I gave my head a shake and got my act together so I can be there for my husband and children. I no longer work (for pay), I stay home and do what I can and I listen to my body for my limitations. I'm finally at my goal weight and I need some motivation to stay here. I've been at this weight before but not for very long as I go back to my old habits.

Nice to meet you and feel free to add me as a friend.

Carrie
  • elizabethlambert1
    Options
    hi. i am elizabeth. just joined today after putting on 8 of the 17 lbs lost with another weightloss program. love going to gym anf working out but have not be able to do to injury, injury gone now and i am finding it hard to get back. want to work this program for all it is worth.