3rd week of cut and mega hungry

Options
I did fine with 2 weeks at my 15% cut level and actually dropped 2lb after a diet break week (holiday). But the 3rd week of cut has been much harder - I've been hungry much more often and either gone over my calorie limit, or only just been under it. And I've had very little energy.

I am moving house this weekend, so have been spending a fair bit of time packing up the house, cleaning, chucking things out, bagging stuff up etc, so maybe I have used more energy than I thought? But I've kinda noticed this before, 2 weeks at cut I'm fine and then week 3 I'm like a limp dishrag. By the time it gets to diet break week I've usually been going over calories for a few days. I'm set to moderately active, which reflects about right what I do.

Would you suggest I go for a 10% cut instead of 15%? Or diet break every 3 weeks?

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Since you're moving, you are burning a lot more calories. I would suggest eating at TDEE until the move is over (including putting the new place in order). Right now, you're probably under net BMR.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yep agree with PLUMSGRL, I can't add too much to this as without knowing your stats it's hard to tell... however I do know that I get absolutely ravenous on big burn days if I haven't yet netted my BMR. And I listen, because my hunger cues seem to be on track now that my body is used to eating the right amounts of food.

So I agree, it's possible you're not netting BMR on these big moving days. If you're lifting, packing and moving all day, that's a lot of cals burned.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's not been all day, I was at work the first half of the week, but have been doing it in the evenings for a good 2-3 hours. Today and tomorrow though I'll be at it for longer with the packing and clearing out, and then at the weekend actually moving the stuff and unpacking, so I probably am burning more than I realise. I will have a diet break early I think - should have been next week.

In terms of my stats, my 15% cut is 1879 cals. TDEE somewhere around 2100. BMR 1435.
  • Mistymath
    Mistymath Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    MFP allows you to count cleaning as exercise calories. Since you are doing much more cleaning than you would normally do, I'd suggest entering it as additional exercise and eating those extra calories.