Aug Whole30 peeps

Options
2»

Replies

• beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yea, same here. I LOVE eating this way and I LOVE the way it makes me feel but I'm ready to not be 100% strict anymore!! Glad I'm not alone. Mmmm....next Friday I'm gonna take myself out for some fro-yo and have a glass of wine in the evening:) I'm sure I'll regret it that night but dang, it better taste good:)
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm with you SweetX and Beckktosch, nothing life changing yet! But I can feel the weight loss, and I can see the weight loss in my boyfriend too. Once I'm done the Whole30, I think I will continue to eat dairy, but I will definitly continue to avoid the grains. My stomach hurt so much when I fell off the wagon for a few days. And I was still half on the wagon too! ;-)
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    I have been starting to get frustrated with my sleep. This is one of the main reasons I wanted to do the Whole30. Lately, I won't fall asleep until midnight. I think it's mostly b/c I won't "let" myself fall asleep.....night time is the ONLY time I get to myself! haha It's hard to let that go....BUT, this morning I realized that even though I haven't been falling asleep as early as I'd like, I'm not crashing mid afternoon anymore. And that's kind of exciting:) Baby steps, I suppose! haha
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started about 5 days after the rest of the group, so I'm on day 17 ( and quite surprised that I have lasted this long!)

I am not seeing any great changes, but I was following primal pretty closely before starting the Whole3 and was gluten free for quite a while before that. The only real change for me is no dairy and no sugar. I eat a little fruit each day - usually in the morning.

I had bad cravings for sugar for the first week, and I seem to be past that now, but sugar still has a hold of my mind! I am hoping the next two weeks will help break that hold... At this point, I miss sugar like an old friend that moved away.

I miss yogurt simply because it was an easy thing to eat for breakfast, but am shocked that I haven't really missed having cheese!

I have not logged at all, but I am weighing myself every couple of days. I know I shouldn't weigh myself, but since I am seeing the numbers go down, it encourages me to keep going.

I think aside from sugar, I miss the occasional POM martini (martini made with POM juice, vodka and seltzer - and a slice of lime :drinker: .)
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    I know I shouldn't but I think I might weigh again tomorrow for another boost to make it through this last week. I've only weighed on the 1st and 15th so that's pretty good for me:) Idk....we'll see how I feel in the a.m.!

A POM martini sounds yummy!!!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in today. Mybe tomorrow. It's kinda nice forgetting something like that!

I woke up today with no alarm, no kids at 645am! This is HuGE for me! I'm totally not a morning person and ive always slept kinda cruddy. Pretty awesome:) This just shows I need to be patient and trust the whole30:)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I love waking up naturally..its the best :)

In the home stretch now and I get the weekend alone before having a busy week next week helping my sister with her baby. I should be controlling most of the cooking but I also will have to cook what sis is in the mood for. So we'll see how it goes
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Only 4 more full days!! I'm so excited! Haha:)
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone! I'm out! Yesterday was my birthday (non-primal mistakes abound) and I am addicted to logging (Whole 30 opps, I logged it again)....

Maybe after my wedding in October I'll actually be able to do an honest whole 30
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 21, so 9 days left...

I don't know if I want to make it to the end anymore. When I gave up gluten (a long time ago), everyday for about 6 weeks, I felt better than the day before. It was clear that I needed to remove it from my diet.

I wondered if I would have a similar experience when eliminating dairy, but I haven't noticed anything. I guess primal is a good way of eating for me!

I am very glad I did this though... I always wondered about diary, so now I know. And I needed to get a handle on my sweet intake! I have also lost 5 lbs so far, so that is a really nice bonus! I think this really shows how bad my sugar consumption was getting...

I will probably keep going for a few more days, but I don't think I will last much beyond that (but you never know!) And when I do go off the Whole30, I won't go crazy... just add a little dairy here and there (I really miss ranch dressing on my salad and sour cream on my taco salads!) But I think from now on, I will leave cheese off my burgers most of the time and skip the cheese in my eggs too.
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    I'm on day 21, so 9 days left...

I don't know if I want to make it to the end anymore. When I gave up gluten (a long time ago), everyday for about 6 weeks, I felt better than the day before. It was clear that I needed to remove it from my diet.

I wondered if I would have a similar experience when eliminating dairy, but I haven't noticed anything. I guess primal is a good way of eating for me!

I am very glad I did this though... I always wondered about diary, so now I know. And I needed to get a handle on my sweet intake! I have also lost 5 lbs so far, so that is a really nice bonus! I think this really shows how bad my sugar consumption was getting...

I will probably keep going for a few more days, but I don't think I will last much beyond that (but you never know!) And when I do go off the Whole30, I won't go crazy... just add a little dairy here and there (I really miss ranch dressing on my salad and sour cream on my taco salads!) But I think from now on, I will leave cheese off my burgers most of the time and skip the cheese in my eggs too.

I felt that exact same way around day 21. I thought maybe I would regret it if I didn't keep going though so I'm gonna hold out. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have dairy issues though once I add it back in. Not once have I had a stomach ache this month. :sad face:
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Anyone else still at it? Two more full days for me! :)