Hiking Anyone?

dsylam1982
dsylam1982 Posts: 50 Member
Ok guys so I have REALLY been wanting to get out and do some hiking.......I know that it is an AWESOME workout and fall is coming which means beautiful scenery and cooler days so I want to take advantage!!! I would LOVE to get some of us together and hit up a hiking trail sometime....if anyone knows of any please let me know....I was thinking maybe skyline drive.......who's with me!!! LOL!!

Replies

• I've hiked quite a few of the trails on Skyline. Some are much harder than others... but you could always start out with the easier and shorter ones and work your way up to the more difficult ones. I'd LOVE to get a hiking group together! We should really get several people together and maybe once a weekend head up to skyline and do some hiking! :)
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    I hike skyline all the time.... often humpback rocks.... quick 1.6 miles (there and back)

get a skyline drive map.. or blue ridge parkway. and just do the hikes.... or stop at the info bldg at humpback and ask them where to hike....

I usually decide about five mins before hiking that I am going to ....
  • dsylam1982
    I think that is an awesome idea! We need to make a hiking plan asap! LOL....we can start off on an easy trail and work our way up to the hard ones once we get all fit and healthy lol......I hear a bikini calling my name this summer ha ha! {I wish} lol!!!!!!!!!
  • dsylam1982
    Where exactly do you guys live? I know its a ways away from me......if you dont want to post it on here just msg me and let me know. We could all meet up soon and lets do this! I am so excited! I have been looking for a few hiking buddies for a while now!
  • I'm in Mount Solon. But born and raised in Elkton as you know. Lol. So Skyline is NO PROBLEM for me! I leave for vacation next Friday so I'll be gone until the 9th. Then I should be free on weekends after that since I'll be cutting lots of hours away from my 2nd job.
  • If someone sets up the trip I would love to go hiking