Beard Burn!

Options

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Stubble burn on the face hurts...I just cleanse and moisturize until it gets better, which should be a few days...if no more make out sessions occur. As for hiding it with makeup, I have no idea.

The skin has peeled off (ewwww), so I had to cover w/bandages. My friends are going to laugh me to high heaven when they see this tonight. What's surprising me about this is that most ladies who wrote me are used to this. I'm not used to a raw, oozing wound on my chin.
    Stubble burn elsewhere = a hot reminder of what happened. bigsmile

I don't even want to THINK about said injury being in other areas. OUCH!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I had no idea it could get so bad. I've heard of it before but I've never actually experienced it. I love facial hair from the scruff to fool blown grizzly man and I've kissed many a man with facial hair and never noticed any adverse effects.

Maybe I just don't have sensitive skin?

Seriously, raw and weeping?! Scabs? This is terrible! I hope you feel better soon!
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Seriously, raw and weeping?! Scabs? This is terrible! I hope you feel better soon!

yeah, the guy involved thought I was overreacting... til I sent him a picture!
    Today it started bleeding too.

If I can get philosophical for a minute, this is the kind of thing that kept my nose clean in college: Other girls can do all kinds of stuff, no repercussion.... ME...I finally let the guy kiss me more than just a peck and a patch of skin on my face falls off. *SIGH*

The worst part about it, really, is the guy’s reaction. He still thinks it’s no big deal. I was starting to like him too (he endured two church services of fire-and-brimstone with me, lol). But a man who doesn’t care about an injury that’s partially his fault is definitely not someone I need in my life. He could have at least said, “I’m sorry.”
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Jeez JJ!! Okay I just get rashy, nothing like what I saw on your chin. What in the world were y'all doing?!?!? LOL

That looks painful. Yeah, I'd probably feel the same as you in this case, especially if he saw that picture.
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Jeez JJ!! Okay I just get rashy, nothing like what I saw on your chin. What in the world were y'all doing?!?!? LOL

haha not enough to be worth permanent scarring!!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear! That looks terrible. The only thing I've had close to that is road burn on my legs falling off my bike. I hope it heals quickly at least. I find that sores on my skin heal quicker than elsewhere (like the road burn) - I think there's more blood flow to the face to help things heal faster. Maybe you'll just have two days to cover it up for work and back to normal by Monday?
    The skin has peeled off (ewwww), so I had to cover w/bandages. My friends are going to laugh me to high heaven when they see this tonight. What's surprising me about this is that most ladies who wrote me are used to this. I'm not used to a raw, oozing wound on my chin.
    I could never get used to the stubble and my skin is quite sensitive as well, although I've never been THAT exfoliated. My last boyfriend was a hairy guy - the kind who gets a 5 o'clock shadow by noon. One time, I got a pretty bad stubble burn, but just red and sore. He didn't realize how abrasive he face was to mine.

At least he was considerate about it to shave before seeing me when he could. Unfortunately, his skin was too sensitive to shave twice a day (like another guy with this problem I knew years ago), so on work days, he only shaved in the mornings and there was much less kissing. I love kissing when it's a baby soft smooth face. *sigh*
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    My diagnostic: you're allergic to men.

:laugh:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    yeah, the guy involved thought I was overreacting... til I sent him a picture!
    Today it started bleeding too.

If I can get philosophical for a minute, this is the kind of thing that kept my nose clean in college: Other girls can do all kinds of stuff, no repercussion.... ME...I finally let the guy kiss me more than just a peck and a patch of skin on my face falls off. *SIGH*

That's way worse than mine. Mine was just raw and scabby after the first makeout session.

I hope it gets better soon!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just saw the pic. That is the worst case of beard burn I've seen. So sorry!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Youch! :noway:
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Maybe you'll just have two days to cover it up for work and back to normal by Monday?

I sure hope so... I asked my boss if I could extend my vacation (was supposed to go back to work today) since I still needed to unpack my very cluttered tiny new apartment. He said yes, so at least I don't have to go to work like this. Do you really think it will have healed up by monday? I get such bad scarring already, I can just see this big patch being on my face for months!

*SIGH* and JUST when my scars had lightened up enough that I could go without heavy makeup. 8 months of progress gone in one night.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Ok you totally win ewwww.. Ive never had beard burn like that . I'm with Amazon what the hell were you doing.:huh: I though you meant like a light flaking you look like you had a 3rd degree burn .

BTW you could always tell your boss/co-workers you burned yourself with a flat iron or curling iron that slipped out of your hand cuase honestly thats what it looks like:bigsmile:
  • JanieJack
    Options
    if anyone can tell me how to post a photo, I'll post the it for ya.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I get such bad scarring already, I can just see this big patch being on my face for months!

*SIGH* and JUST when my scars had lightened up enough that I could go without heavy makeup. 8 months of progress gone in one night.

OMG you got some passionate snogging going on there honey!! wooooo hoooooo!!! HOT!!! :smooched:

But seriously............

I get bad scarring too Janie, its my skin complexion (olive) and I have got sensitive skin too, so I know how you feel.

Perhaps when it's healed over you could try some bio oil, or some other American equivalent to a scar healing oil/cream?

I get really bad snog rash, and I get cold sores the next day as well sometimes, but nothing in comparison to what you've got there hun. Didnt it hurt at the time?? I've been in situations where I've said to the guy "stop kissing me please, my face is gonna fall off" and even held my hand up to cover my face while he licked my lips or something........:laugh:

I know that sounds weird, and I know you were having a good time, but, you gotta be careful until your skin hardens up. I find that when I get used to the guy - by kissing often - then my face kinda gets used to it.

I dont think men understand tbh, they just aren't as vain as us, and have skin like rhino's! :grumble: And they do tend to look at women and wonder what all the fuss is about when we moan about a cold sore, or a pimple or a scar! And, like I said earlier, shaving probably wont solve it, but GENTLE kissing will be ok :wink:

I wish you a speedy recovery :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    Options
    let's try this (thanks Nnhouston):

7dea89b6.jpg
  • JanieJack
    Options
    like I said earlier, shaving probably wont solve it, but GENTLE kissing will be ok :wink:

Gentle??? Soooo not my style. Sigh. I just can't WIN can I???
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I was going out with guy for a little bit. H always had a bit of stubble...it never really bothered me. I was into getting spray tans back then. One night, I get sprayed...come home and veg in front of the tv. I met him for a date the next evening and we decide on the movies. Things get a little hot and heavy in the theatre. :smooched: :wink:

The next day, I wake up get ready for my half day of work. I get into work and one of my co workers pulls me aside and asks, "What's wrong with your face?" I go to the bathroom and check it out. We must have been kissing so hard he literally scratched the spray tan off my face. My spray tan was rather light so I didn't even notice when I was getting ready for work. It looked like I had a light brown rash above my lips and all around my mouth...
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    WTF!

That doesn't look like its from kissing. It looks like you took a chin dive on the pavement. Like... didn't it hurt enough to tell you to stop waaay before THAT happened?!?!
  • JanieJack
    Options
    That doesn't look like its from kissing. It looks like you took a chin dive on the pavement. Like... didn't it hurt enough to tell you to stop waaay before THAT happened?!?!

haha no, lol, by time I felt it, the damage was already done. Maybe my travels, mountain climbing and such pre-chapped my skin...? I don't know. Never had anything like this before. Weird.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

wut you dont like giving him that happy dopey red and raw from the nose down satisfied grin?

I do. Rub your face on me baby.