Daily check in

Options

Replies

• lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Day 8 level 1 - done!! Yeah for me... No headache or super tired this morning, able to get up and do the dvd. I am feeling better ... so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a happy healthy day!!
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So Day one of level 2 kicked my *kitten*. It is a challenge but I like a good challenge. At the moment all of the routines are hard for me. I feel it in my legs a lot. I wore my HRM and it was a slightly more calorie burn, I will wear it again tomorrow just to confirm.

Also, I had my husband watch me do a real push up and he said I am not completely doing it correcting, apparently I am not lowering all of my body--which I don't quite get but--I am not giving up, I am at least able to lower my body weight and push up a few times so I will keep at it until I get it right. Practice makes perfect.

Any tips for push ups?

Best tip I have is- have your husband "spot" you. He should place his hands on the parts of your back or body that is not lowering or whatever is the prob and you should "listen'' to the direction and drop the part of your body that is not in line. Also plank a few times- on your hands, not elbows and feel what a straight line is. My guess would be you drop from butt down but dont go full range with your arms- its the harder part. Work on keeping your back straight and make sure you feel perfectly straight thru it all. As JM says - you're only cheating yourself by not doing a full move.

I would do that if my hubby was awake when I do the program but he is typically in bed. I just showed him a "push-up" when I got home from work because I had concern that I wasn't doing it right.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Day 2 lvl 2 done.
    then I did a little RockBody TV -

I plan on doing day 3 of lvl 2 tomorrow. Playing by ear how long I stick with this series.
    Other than the ba-gillions of work outs on Rock Body Im not sure what I want to do next. I NEED xmas to come so I can get my new shiny weight bench in my life.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done!! Tried level two today... Much more fun!! Now I know why its everyones favorite. :-) still very difficult, but I managed to keep up with Anita.
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Level 1 Day 10 Completed!! Level 2 begins tomorrow.... ;-)
  • PossumPink
    PossumPink Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done for me as well, bring on Level 2 :)
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    I am checking in to let everyone know I have skipped today, but my ankles already feel better, so I'll be moving on to level 2 tomorrow. I watched the video last night, so I know what I'm in for, and it looks like it could be really fun!

If my ankles continue to hurt as much as they have, I may have to change up some stuff. I have to say though, I am seeing some definite results.
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    day1 lv.2 done:bigsmile: wasn't as scary as I thought:noway: planks are killer:grumble: but got through with almost no modifies:bigsmile: did single jumprope partly because have neighbors below me and partly because my *girls* couldn't take the bouncing:blushing: have a great day ladies....I feel awesome!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Day 9, level 2. Today was the hardest to date.I don't know if the bloom is off the rose, or my muscles are just protesting, but it was tough. I did it, but I struggled. Real muscle fatigue.
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    I am checking in to let everyone know I have skipped today, but my ankles already feel better, so I'll be moving on to level 2 tomorrow. I watched the video last night, so I know what I'm in for, and it looks like it could be really fun!

If my ankles continue to hurt as much as they have, I may have to change up some stuff. I have to say though, I am seeing some definite results.

Hi Frau,
    Good luck tomorrow with your first day on level 2. I have tried different tennis shoes and found that very helpful with my ankles. One pair doesn't have good traction, so I slide, and too much wiggle. I have a sturdier pair, much better. Maybe that will help you, too?
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    I only have two pairs of tennis shoes, both of them are awful. I just go barefoot, but do everything on my non-slip yoga mat so I don't slide. I considered giving it a go in my hiking boots, since they have ankle support. It might look a little ridiculous, but if it helps, why the heck not? It's not like anyone sees me anyway :bigsmile:
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day One done!!! She really quicks it up a notch!!!
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that worked out barefoot. lol My feet kill me in shoes. So far I am done with day 2 level 2! Plank jacks grrrrrr!!!:grumble:
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 2 done, almost a 2 pound weight gain on the scale, oh well. I am feeling better. Level 2 is hard. Happy Friday everyone!
  • Tonya0809
    Tonya0809 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 2 done!! This level is a little rough when you have a chest cold lol but I made it through!!
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Level 2 done... I really admire you ladies who are doing some of this without modifications, I am all about Anita right now :ohwell:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 today - this day 10 of the 30 day shred - (not sure how to count my days)

Feeling really good about being able to workout and not have a set back ,,, I was ready for level 2 but will probably do a level 1 this coming week if I am a little off one day and need to back down.

Hope everyone is having a happy healthy day!!!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done. On Level 2 but following Anita!!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    still kickin it with lvl 2 - also thru in a short run ... might take tomorrow off from the Shred- muscles that work hard need rest... so if Im stiff Im resting. And will be back for more lvl 2 sunday.
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Day 10, level 2. This was, by far, the hardest day for me. I feel nauseous and shaky. I don't like it! Where's my endorphin rush? My burst of power and might?? Anybody else feel it differently on various days? I haven't done any heavy cardio to account for today's feelings. Maybe just an off day.