2012.08.20 Menopausal Mad Hatters Chatter

Options

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: back away s-l-o=w=y from the pie cheryl... slowly... slowly... put down the pie plate... put down the spoon...

now back away slowwwwwwwwwly.... bad pie... bad bad pie.... blech...there is nothing in that plate you want.....

the pie is not your friend.. put the knife down and back away from the pie... slowly.... slowly.....

the pie will hurt you.... back away from the pie...... :bigsmile:

That is too cute, Snooz . I see you just finished your walk. I know it must be lovely there. I want a beautiful place to walk!!

Cheryl, I'm with you. I would have to eat that pie. You can cut back somewhere else.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    T2: I just saw that we posted at exactly the same time; just read yours and will keep your friend in prayers and thoughts...

Huge, huge congrats on the IPOM... and I totally understand right now exactly what you mean; I've been struggling for sure as you know with the scales not moving.... but finally have reached a good mental place in just focusing on eating better and exercising and not on the numbers, and it's def. working - i'l lbe happy when the scales start to move, but it's about so much more than that for me too right now - changing habits and seeing it working.. so huge IPOU my friend!!!!

I didn't realize we lost one lol... but as you said gained two, so welcome ladies!!

I would have eaten the pie too btw... lol but Cheryl asked to be talked off the ledge giggle snort..... gave it my best shot:laugh:

And honestly T2 finding that trail was the best thing for me.. I used to just walk around the neighborhood, but honestly, its SO BORING looking at buildings and bridges and the traffic noise where I am is huge... any time of day as its a busy area... even going on the bike paths you could hear everything still.. so for me (while it may sound a little silly that I drive to my walking area lol) it's become a time and place to not only exercise, but to breathe and de stress while I'm there.. (i have learned tho that after supper... its jam packed with families and kids lol... so I stick to mornings when it's just me and the other occasional walker and fishermen ... and the ducks!

Good Morning fellow Hatters. I miss talking with you all. I’ve had many good laughs reading your posts. I see that we are so much alike, as Tonya said. We are all going through a lot of the same issues in our everyday lives. With children moving back in for a while, until things get settled to elderly parents that need to be taken care of. My heart goes out to you all in these situations.
    Well, today is Weigh –in day. I haven’t had much luck on the scales. I feel like I’ve dropped inches in various places, but the scales haven’t moved yet,……. no worries, as long as I keep doing more good than bad, something will change eventually.
    That statement is worth a big IPOM for me. I was one of the worst to get on the scales and get discouraged when I didn’t see a loss or I saw a gain. It doesn’t bother me now, I know it will change at some point. I’ve just got to keep on keeping on.
    The construction has finished , so the way to the stairs is open. So it’s back to ‘em.
    HSHON- I wish we had some thrift stores to shop at. I have to use Hudson’s Dirt cheap as a replacement for them. It’s as close as I can get to one. There’s one close to my home that doesn’t get much traffic through it and I can usually find Jeans to fit me for $4:00.
    Well……
    breaks over , so it’s back to work.
    Oh,
    I Have a friend , Betty, that just went through Breast cancer surgery yesterday, with some in her lymph nodes. So I have a lot on my mind today, still praying for full recovery.
    Bye for now ,
    G
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    doggone it - picture won't paste.... do a google for "chocolate can cause smaller feet" and look at the images... :laugh:
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    doggone it - picture won't paste.... do a google for "chocolate can cause smaller feet" and look at the images... :laugh:
    [/quote
    That is awful!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: My eyes will never be the same.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Yes, I can see how soothing it would be. That in itself is worth the drive there. I'll drive up and meet you there one morning . Hmm I better get started driving now, it would take forever...LOL
  • Snooozie
    Options
    :noway: yikes.. after Cheryl's post.. no way am I gonna go look at that pic, cbm!! LOL I'm a chocaholic and don't want to risk it :noway:

since laughter is proven to burn a few calories.. thot i'd throw in about 5 calories of chuckles ...:laugh:

• The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown~

• The biggest seller is cookbooks and the second is diet books - how not to eat what you've just learned how to cook. ~Andy Rooney~

• If you really want to be depressed, weigh yourself in grams ~Jason Love~
    • Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever. ~Author Unknown~
    • My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like - just don't swallow it. ~Harry Secombe~
    • I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food. ~Erma Bombeck~
    • I'm in shape. Round is a shape... isn't it? ~Author Unknown~
    • I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.
    • Inside me there is a thin person struggling to get out, but I can usually sedate her with four or five cupcakes.
    • Every time I get the urge to exercise, I lie down till the feeling passes.
    • "At my gym they have free weights, so I took them."
    • The only exercise I get is jumping to conclusions.

• If your snack gets stuck in the vending machine, be thankful. You will burn a few calories shaking the machine. And if
    the machine falls on you, you will probably be thinner.

• Drinking three glasses of water before every meal will help you lose weight, because you will burn a lot of calories
    running to the bathroom. :tongue:
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    just kidding ladies .... no one in this group or anyone else on the face of thearth has more of a chocolate additiction than i do:noway:

if i can take a joke - so can you - we can zumba, walk around the lake, ride our bikes and have lots of fun swimming with the fishes to burn the extra cals...

Carol
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't know Carol, I have chocolate covered espresso beans pretty much every day. 5 of them only have 34 calories and it is a good way to curb the craving and get a little boost!

Been a little busy today. I hope each of you has/have a great day. Painting that 14ft ceiling tonight and moving more furniture. I will be glad when this is done. Hopefully by the end of Labor Day weekend. :)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOL @ cbm! I was just to chicken to look after seeing cheryls look of horror! :laugh:

Tonya.. 14ft huh.. your neck is gonna be some sore tomorrow lady!!!! take a lot of breaks!

I decided to treat myself to a chapter of my book, and ended up with a 2 hr nap... :noway:
    guess now i really AM on vacation :drinker:

found an interesting article on the message boards here about cardio... i don't take anything on here as gospel of course but turns out I may have been guilty of at least #5, #8 and #10 lol..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/716139-10-worst-cardio-crimes
  • Snooozie
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome back leslye - we missed you!! :flowerforyou:

Not sure if anyone got a chance to see our Leslye's post, but she picked up a nasty staph infection and that's why she's been MIA....not sure if you're gonna be up for posting at all leslye but wanted you to know please take care of yourself and we all hope you get better soon!!

T2: any update on your friend as of yet? keeping her in thoughts and prayers..

TA: your first week back to school is almost over.. can't wait to hear how it all went once u getg a little downtime

HSH glad to hear it was a typo.. does that mean I can come shopping now... lol. Also keeping your MIL in T&P!

I had a good day with my choices today; so can go to bed knowing while I may not be at the end of my journey to healthier yet.. I'm closer than I was yesterday lol!
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I missed Leslye's post I hope you get better soon. Take extra care of yourself.

Carol- all the extra activity sound like fun.

Tonya be careful with all the painting & moving of the furniture.

T2 will keep your friend in my prayers. I also have a friend she had a double mastectomy in June now taking treatment. Cancer is everywhere you look.

Snooozie glad you had a better day today.

Welcome to the new comers that we have on board.

I hope & pray every one has a good day tomorrow.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Thanks, girls for the prayers. Betty has been my best friend since the third grade. Even though we haven't always been in contact through the years , we can pick up right where we left off. I know you all know what I mean.

Just a quick post this morning, business is booming. Everyone have a wonderful, safe weekend, I'll try to post later on.
    G
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Good Morning EVERYONE!

T2-Prayers for Betty. I too have a friend going through treatment now. Try not to work too hard with business booming, although I guess it is a good thing. Take time for yourself.:love:

Leslye- Wishing you a speedy recovery and so glad you are here with us.:flowerforyou:

HSH- Wishing you well and prayers for your MIL and the choices that have to be made. If Snoozie can't make the shopping trip I volunteer myself, no competition :bigsmile:

Snoozie- Hope you enjoyed your nap and a HUGE IPOU on your choices yesterday!

Now just a bit of a vent:

I survived the 14 ft ceiling, but didn't survive the teasing and sheer irritation from my husband and daughter not moving fast enough for my liking...It seems the discussion of politics and reality TV takes precedence over getting the crap done. I love to debate politics but not when I have a ton to do. GRRRR, I lost my cool a little bit last night and apparently am not over it as I write this. I don't understand why they don't see the importance of getting things done so that we can get this over with and back to normal. I have no problem with them moving in but let's get it DONE. My house has been torn up for a week now and doesn't look to be complete anytime soon. I have cleared almost 3 rooms upstairs so they can move their things in. Where is it all? In my living room, dining room and it has even spilled into the kitchen.
    I don't like to get all fritzed out over petty things but this is really making me crazy. Am I wrong or just being silly? Maybe it isn't as bad as all that. I keep telling myself it will be fine.

Thank you ladies for listening to my rambling vent. Have a great day all,
    ~t
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Tonya girl.. I feel your pain!!! Vent away, cause you ain't crazy!! While I am admittedly a relatively lazy person in general (hmmm is it possible that has something to do with all this extra weight?? I do believe so lol) anyway.. when it comes to stuff like you're doing.. I'm exactly like you...get your *kitten* in gear peoplel... move it move it move it LOL.. last year I had gathered up a bunch of stuff to throw out,and as I live in a condo, that means trekking everything to the elevator, then dragging it out downstairs thru the dumpster garages.. so I enlisted the aid of my then 20 yr old nephew to help... I had everything gathered in the living room and put the elevator on service, then said start hauling.. omg... 5 minutes in I wanted to kill him lol.. it was all relatively small stuff, like plant stands and wine tables and lamps and stuff like that... meaning YOU CAN CARRY MORE THAN ONE THING AT A TIME dude!! I swear.. he picked up a wine table.. (you know.. the little 3 footed one that weighs about 2lbs?) and s-l-o-w-l-y starts walking down to the elevator.. I'm dragging 6 things and on my way back I see him.. I'm like CJ.. take a couple of things at once.. so he's almost at the elevator with his table.. and turns around and carries it back... SLOWLY.. i'm like...omg put it down and go back for more.. and .pick up the pace already... I swear.. it should have only took us 20 minutes to load eveything in there, but I was seriously crazed by the time we were done.. and then it was a repeat out to the curb... honestly the was lucky to have survived that day LOL.. and its the same at work with the young uns (altho with hubby... well.. he's a man... what more can I say LOL).. they seem to have one speed... and one speed only... just get it done already!!!!!!! sigh... so vent away to us Tonya lol..I'm sure we all know exactly what you're feeling, and not only will we listen, we'll absolutely agree with you.. ain't that the best thing about having g/friends your own age?? LOL Hang in there sweetie.. and if worse comes to worse... tell em you're taking a union break and the two of em best finish it off before you get back.... or else :explode:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh Tony I would be crazy to then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Considering that you have cleared 3 rooms it seems a bit rude to have the things strung out across all those rooms. Wish all of us hatters were close enough to come over and lend a hand. We could start a chain and just past it person to person and have things moved in know time !!!! I have always said there is a reason houses are built for ONE family b/c people really don't want to go to jail !!! Praying that its all over soon and that you have lots of help even sooner.

And I know exactly what you mean about finding yourself still upset as you type. My husband and I have been looking for a house which ended with huff and puff just looking. All b/c of trees or the lack of trees according to whose opinion of a pictures you go with !!!! All of this after such a lovely dinner out. Sometimes they just make you wanna smack them. Oh well mine will pass soon enough and again I am thinking of you and praying for a quick resolution for you,.

To the rest of you ladies have a wonderful weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    How'd the first week back at school go, TA???

I' m off down to the lake... there's a farmers market on the lakeshore apparently on Sat mornings so taking my grocery bags and still stock up on fresh veg on the way back! And no squeaky bra today.... LOL....
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Good morning Hatters - and welcome to the weekend !!

I know this is the only down time for a lot of the Hatters, so hope everyone gets some quality R&R with family and friends, or all to themselves!! I stopped at the farmers market on my way home from my walk at the lake, I always prefer to buy local produce and lately my favourite grocery store hasn't had much of it... meant to ask the store manager what was going on with that as so much is in season; but got lots of yummy fruit and veg and some apples - I'm thinking maybe some home made applesauce might result in a pork roast tomorrow nite :bigsmile:

I've been reading a lot of topics in MFP lately; trying to learn more and boy, are there a lot of opinions on health and fitness, and a lot of people who seem to think their way is the "only right way"... it's a little scary outside the safety of my Hatters lol.. but I do believe knowledge is power, and I'm learning to read it all, take what works for me and leave the rest... I'm realizing a few things about myself along the way.. some good, some not so good lol.. but one thing that is becoming more and more clear every day, is that I have to commit more effort into exercising. My morning walks are lovely and absolutely good for my overall health, but I have come to realize I need to do more.. AND put more effort into whatever I actually do physically - giving it real effort. I haven't figured out what I need to do or how to do it yet... but I'm one step closer to figuring it out.. and that's progress! Anyway, enough babbling.. I'm going to post this before I lose it, then get to a few replies just in case any Hatters pop in over the weekend lol!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    whoo hoo - went to talbots..... size 14 misses... total value b4 sale - $915 - with the sale - $650 - next magic - $410 for me with coupons / bonus points / birthday bonus ....

talk about a NSV...

Carol
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    That is a great NSV Carol

Snoozie, it actually went pretty good. I am not counting down the day yet !!! I have a couple of whipper snappers but it shouldn't take me long to get them in line. Sent the 2 of em to the office and one to the ISS (in school suspension officer) to let them know I mean business and am not running a clown school. Pretty sure that will get their attention especially after I call their parents. And one group that thought they would show me they could do what they wanted and NOT be quiet exiting for lunch got to spend their recess with me in the classroom working, Didn't have any troubles out of them after that. But I am standing firm since these first couple of weeks will set the tone for the remaining year and I DON'T want to spend the year with classroom management issues. I am really enjoying the new school and all the staff and am even having thoughts that this could be a place I would like to stay for a few years. I honestly expect that if I am able to boost test scores for these classes like I did with my 3rd grade class that an invitation will be extended this year. I can see myself being happy here for the long term.

Did lots of shopping today. Started with a Christmas present for the little one, then new shoes for me, groceries and supplies for the classroom. Had Chinese with the husband and while it went a bit high on fat I made good choices to the point I apologized to the waitress about wasting food. I was raised to clean your plate and that has been one of the hardest things for me to learn to break. I have only recently been having a bit of success with that issue, but as I am becoming more selective about eating things that I really enjoy for the taste and not just eating I have seen more success. When I mentioned today to my husband I wasn't going to eat this or that since it didn't really taste that great to me today and that I was going to save my calories and things for other things and then could finish he said " When I saw your plate I knew you weren't going to be able to finish the plate. You used to but since you have been working at things I knew there was no way you would finish." Then after supper when he was getting him a snack I ask him to give me ONE Reese's miniature he said,"Just one? " I said :Yeah" He said honey I am so proud of you." " Why?" I ask. Because you have been so committed to this.

So while I am feeling fat this week it does feel good that the husband can see I am working hard at this and supports me in ever way he can even when he doesn't really feel like it some days. I don't really care for baked meats and he goes out of his way to grill for me all the time so that I won't be tempted to just give in and eat something else. He is so amazing to me and I am so thankful to have him by my side as I make this journey. While I still want this for me I find myself wanting it for him and the girls also now.
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    Oh and I forgot

I have finally been able to break that sugar in my coffee bondage :drinker: I have enjoyed 2 cups now with sweet n low and creamer.