Starting up

Options

Replies

• sarahmatters
    Options
    It is Vicky! I'm in the UK and I have it! :)

Hi Ruby- Lots of people on day 3 with you so you can all share the joy/pain tomorrow on day 4! I just put calisthenics vigourous effort in on here for a Jillian and guess that that's about right. I'm an on and offer too but making a pledge to log every day I possibly can until I reach my goal weight. Got something sociable to log in for now too :)
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's exciting. Amazon, here I come!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yes, Sarah, I'm a real JM enthusiast! I love all her workouts (except for yoga melt-down, I really could not get the moves right). The FastFix is one of my favorites. I love the fast movements, the punches, the kicks, and the combinations! It makes me feel empowered after I'm done. I usually combine Workouts 1 and 2 to get a really great burn. You're going to have FUN with Fastfix!
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I got the link to this chart from another MFP member and posted it here in case others need motivation like I do!

I put it on my fridge so everyday I see how far I have come and that I CAN DO IT!

http://start-living-the-dream.tumblr.com/post/22129647040/so-ive-been-slacking-and-need-to-start-over-with
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm going to attempt to make it through the 30 day shred again starting tomorrow. I made through level one and 2 days of level 2. I'm gonna try to be more committed this go round. Feel free to add.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Day three competed! I am still following Anita for most of it (30DS L1) but some thi a, getting better at
    Ike butt kicks and crunches. I am a DD so all the jumping kills me. I am hoping tone able to start following Natalie soon though.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else doing Ripped in 30 at this time?
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Rubyautumn4 have you got a very good sports bra. I am a DD and have maximum impact sports bra and it really does help with the jump bits. I always werar it for any sports activity even including walking ( it is part of telling my body it is about to burn calories).
  • Peeriegemgem
    Options
    For me, I was introduced to 30 day shred by a colleague. Will fully admit I've never been massively overweight, however there are parts of myself I'm not a fan of and thought this would be a great start. Completed 30 day shred January/February this year. Coupled with no alcohol and cakes, it worked a treat.

However slacked a little, and now onto Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism coupled with No More Trouble Zones coupled with run training. I try to do the dvds 2-3 times a week, but find NMTZ ruins my legs for any long runs coming up!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hi Freya33 - I could probably use a new sports bra! I wear a regular underwire with a nike sports bra over. Will go find a Maximum Impact one tonight! Thanks chica!
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    Hey!

Welcome AJones1227 - go for it we are all sharing the pain with you!

Welcome Peeriegemgem- NMTZ ruins my legs too. Big time! But it's also the only thing that's ever given me definition in my thighs so it's worth it!

Jenny- that's amazing! Thanks for sharing. Printing lots now to share with people!

In other news...I've actually just been diagnosed with Patellar Tendonitus and have docs orders to do only swimming and some cycling and my exercises from the physio! So frustrating when I've just got my mojo back and made this group. So i'm going to be swimming lots and lots and being very jealous of you all and living Jillian times through you for a week or two while I mend.

Does anyone else have knee problems and struggle with Jillian workouts? Is there one that you find better with bad knees?
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    Just to say I've started some separate topics pages in the groups so that it's easier to find what you want to talk about. Thought it would be more manageable since we now have 63 members! Very cool. Welcome one and all and do feel free to introduce yourself those who haven't already.

We'll keep this thread for generally introdcuing and chatting but I've started one for "help and advice" and one for a "daily workout check in". Just pop back to the group manin page to find them and post in them.

Feel free to start other topics you think are relevant and then we can go to the different topics to chat about various stuff.

Happy working out :)
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    ^so many typos sorry!!!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Does anyone else have knee problems and struggle with Jillian workouts? Is there one that you find better with bad knees?

Sarah - I don't have knee issues but I have arthritis in my hip. My doctor said to limit the jumping moves and do more low impact. I have been gradually adding back some of the jumping moves.

Killer buns & thighs (especially level 2 - haven't gotten to level 3 yet) is hard on the knees although I have found that if I really concentrate on the correct form, it doesn't bother my knees.
  • morgansmom29
    morgansmom29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Shaunda and I am on day three of 30 day shred. I joined MFP and this group to get motivation. Good luck to everyone!!
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    Thanks Susan- I think that's good advice. Once I get the all clear I think I'll try 30 day shred with low impact options and then move up to BFBM again when I can. Isn't it rubbish when your body mutinies! ;)

Welcome Shaunda- We are very happy to have you! Day 3 is a watershed workout i'd say. I think day3/4 are the hardest. After that you've got in the groove. Stick at it we're all in it together! :)
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    So, What special weekend workouts has everyone got planned? Will it be Jiliian or something else for a weekend treat. I really like to take my time over my weekend workouts and schedule in time to really be present and focused and "enjoy" my efforts.

I'm planning a long walk/bike ride, some yoga with my boyfriend and some big swim training sessions.

How about you?
  • sarahmatters
    Options
    And Shaunda, how did your day 4 workout go? Did you make it?
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    So, What special weekend workouts has everyone got planned? Will it be Jiliian or something else for a weekend treat. I really like to take my time over my weekend workouts and schedule in time to really be present and focused and "enjoy" my efforts.

I'm planning a long walk/bike ride, some yoga with my boyfriend and some big swim training sessions.

How about you?

Nothing special - we began weekends of football & cheer competitions last night - my daughter cheers for varsity football as well as competition squad at her school and my son is in marching band at college so our weekends are pretty much booked. Still planning my Jillian workouts.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    hi I'm Kim last month I did the 30 day shred well it was my actual 2nd time doing it. after i finished it I took a break cause of having all the boys home..on Sept. 5(1st day of school) I will redo ripped in 30.last time I did it I got all the way to level 3 and stopped.no reason just burned out on it..this time I plan on finishing it.also along with doing ripped i will be working on my running doing the bridge to 10k..