Introductions & Welcomes

Options

Replies

• saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh I want to add that 150 is my first goal, I had lifetime membership at WW and that's the benchmark to get to use the program for free again. But I want to get to 145 after that and be fit. That's the weight I was when I lost weight before having kids, ran my first marathon, and felt amazing.
  • James2042
    James2042 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi i am james i am here looking for friends that may like to help me lose some weight and i also help others .hope that i can have some fun doing all of this.
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey there...

Mariesa here :bigsmile:

Been with MFP for a while now off and on. Really have been sticking to it this time around, so thought it was about time I started to get more involved. I'm 35, separated and on my way to being divorced after 16 years of marriage. I have two teenage boys, 13 and 14. Looking to lose about 75 more pounds with healthy eating and exercise. I would love support... I post stuff on my wall daily, and with the few friends I have I rarely get any replies :cry: Silly maybe... but I love a "good job" or "gee I see you kinda failed today".. I want some peeps :happy:

My favorite things... hiking, biking, exploring the world, strength training and generally embracing life and living it to the fullest. After a tough couple years with relationships and my health I am so totally about living life abundantly and loving every minute of it!!

Cheers,

~m
  • slimntrim77
    Options
    Hi,

Sri here :) joined MFP just today. I did a biggest loser competition a couple of years ago with a few friends at work and lost 26lbs. But I realized that I gained 15 of them back and we have a vacay coming up in November. I want to feel good in my bikini and look good in the pictures. So here I go again! I am looking for friends who will be honest with me and yell at me when I fall off the wagon.

A little bit about myself - I am a software engineer, so I sit on my butt all day. We have a (almost) 6 year old boy....With our commute and life style we do have quite a bit of stress. I try to workout one hour 5 days a week. I either walk on the treadmill at home or go to a Jazzercise class. Eating seem to be my biggest problem especially at the end of the day.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Mike here, I joined here back in March but actually started my journey to getting back in shape back at the beginning of January. After 3 1/2 months I reached my goal weight, dropping 34lbs in that time. After an injury, a stomach virus, a cold, and then a month funk of no workouts, I got myself back on track in July and look forward to keeping my *kitten* in gear and continuing to kick *kitten*!
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Meg,
    I've already lost 40 lbs with Weight Watchers, but i hit a plateau and after my wedding and got burned out with it, heard great things about MFP and decided to try it. I would like to lose at least 40 more. Looking forward to chatting!
  • CaptainClipboard
    CaptainClipboard Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am Tamaryn, a 31 year old wife & mother from Johannesburg, South Africa.

Keen to work in a team environment to stay on the straight & narrow, as it were. Always easier for me if I am rivalled, & have to be accountable. Otherwise it all goes pear... literally & figuratively.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers!

Tamaryn - we have another South African here, Sandra (leeloominai)
  • emb7778
    emb7778 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Erin and I am new here. I am 34 and just got married last month. I gained 10lbs since then and am looking for some encouragement to get back on track.:wink: I hope to make some new friends to help with my weight loss journey.

Erin:flowerforyou:
  • prez1923
    Options
    Well, such a good thing couldn't stay a secret from me forever. Better late than never I guess. I'm a 38 year old male enjoying the journey. My goal is to get in the best shape of my life, which would be quite an accomplishment as I was a 3-sport athlete who regularly ran 7-10 miles for college baseball conditioning in the late winter/early spring at my peak. This is not a diet for me, it's a complete lifestyle change. Nice to meet everyone and thanks for starting a group for those of us in the twilight of our youth.
  • CoachJoeLuna
    CoachJoeLuna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im Joe, now in my 30s. I life in Florida "the Sunshine State" and Im looking to meet new friends here on myfitnesspall to keep motivated. I've used the calorie tracker for about 2 years now and have lost about 20 lbs with 15 more to go for my goal weight.

Feel free to friend me, I wont bite :)

-Joe
    www/about.me/joeluna123
  • eleanorvonkorff
    Options
    Hi Im Eleanor and am desperate to firm up and lose at least 50 lbs by April, well, at least 15. I see pics of myself and get deppressed and then I dont want to eat EVER again. My trouble is I cant get myself to eat when Im not hungry so I dont do breakfast and seldom eat lunch. I do know Im bad. I just cant seem to eat all the calories they say I should. I have a husband how doesnt eat salads or veggies as he says steaming is still raw (I hate cremated stuff).
  • stacey_mntx
    stacey_mntx Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined the 30 Somethings group this morning. It's time for me to get serious about losing weight and, more specifically, eating healthy (diagnosed with high cholesterol last week and DON'T want to take any medication!). I was happy to find a group for us in our 30's since we all can probably attest, it's different trying to lose weight and make lifestyle changes after we depart from those dear, blessed 20's. Oh... what I wouldn't give to have that metabolism back!!

Anywho... If you are a motivated and encouraging personality I'd love to add you as a friend! I need all the support I can get to stay on track. Dieting and exercise are SO not my "thing"... but... I'd like to change that. ;)
  • jgbkab
    jgbkab Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Jay. I'm a 38 year old father of three. I started my quest for a 6 pack in 2006. I worked out 6 days a week for five months and went from 236 to 199. From there, I could not lose another pound to save my life. I finally gave up my quest and promptly gained 15 of those back. I figured my DNA was programmed to make me 200+ forever. Well, after finding this app, I realized that I was only working half of the equation. Now I'm at 194 and falling. Hopefully, I can reach my goal of 169 this year.
  • change4five18
    change4five18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just started keeping track of things this past Monday and figured joining a group would help me stay accountable. I'm in my mid-30's and definitely want to get this weight off before I'm any closer to 40. :)

I'm a SAHM of a 3-year-old autistic boy. I've been married to the most incredible husband for almost 16 years. We live in NC and love it here (originally from IL).

I'm excited to get started!
  • cmaddox23
    cmaddox23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have used MFP on and off for quite a while, my problem is the off part! I lose weight consistently when I'm on and feel so much better. A few recent events led to a horrible weight gain, laid off from work, unexpected hysterectomy and becoming a SAHM of my five year old son!

My goal is to lose about 50 pounds but my real goal is to feel great in my body. I want to work out more but find the couch calling my name constantly... I have great eating habits but seem to get full so quick I worry I'm not eating enough calories to continue losing.

I try to log on daily and try to be very supportive of all my friends on here, so if you need a motivational friend feel free to add me. I will be making an effort to sign into the group at least once a week also.

Thank you for having this group- hoping it's the motivation I need to get UP!!!
  • aleciawaters
    aleciawaters Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am not going to be a thirty something much longer but not ready to quite be 40. six years ago, I shattered my wrist and gained 40 obviously I had one working hand. My youngest is now 12 but he was an 11 pound kid and never lost that baby fat either now In a cast again with another surgery, struggling trying to exercise in my condition.
  • aleciawaters
    aleciawaters Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a mother, wife, and stay at home domestic goddess........I have just about 70 lbs. to lose, joined a year ago but never really made me a priority, until recently. This is "me" time, chatting with friends and sharing stories.
  • sockercutee
    Options
    Hello Gang,
    I'm a 31 year old single social worker in Seattle and I'm gearing up to put a nutrition/fitness plan into place on Monday April 1st. I know I will need lots of support and encouragement along the way and I'm so grateful to have found this website! My mother underwent two weight loss surgeries in her 50s and while I am proud of her life style changes and the strides she has made, I do not want to go down that same path. This is the right age to put into place healthier habits that will impact my health for the rest of my life.

Any advice you all have is welcome. Particularly, do I tell people or not? Do I tell a select number of people about my diet/exercise plan or do I make a big announcement to everyone?

I've already learned a lot and feel energized by reading through several introductions!
  • VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Vanessa! I've been with MFP for a while but I don't really consider it official until about a week ago. LOL! I am the proud owner / mommy to 2 beautiful dogs... Brownie and Zoey! You would think that having a dog would be a great motivator to get out and walk.... especially since I live in the Sunshine State (FL)..... But they are lap dogs to the core!!! I think I took then walking once and 20 minutes into walking I ended up carrying them back home! :) Needless to say they are not the best walking buddies! :( I am single .... so I am my own motivator; which sometimes can be a bit difficult. I have decided to do this slow and steady until I reach my goal. I love music, watching movies and hanging out with friends and family when I'm not working! Trying to put the things I love into my exercise habit, I believe will be a big help. I love Zumba and Taebo... so hopefully I can be consistent with it and start seeing some results. Definately in need of some serious motivation and inspiration... so having a group like this is awesome!