Introduce yourselves

Options

Replies

• mucha_
    mucha_ Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone! :) My name's Agata, I'm 20 and I just finished day 1. I'm sweating like crazy, but I'm really proud of myself. I want to be fit for the first time in my life and I hope we'll all achieve our goals!
    Btw, quick question - I'm a newbie here and I have no idea how to add 30DS to my exercise diary, under which category should I write it down?
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My name is Elizabeth I am 46 yrs young and a mother of 2 (23 and 22 so can't blame it on baby weight LOL). I did 30DS about 4 months ago and it was hard, but I got stronger. Last time I went for the 30 days straight but this time I will have Sundays as rest days. Will start 8/25.

Quotes I like:
    I believe in myself
    I am a strong person
    I will reach my goals
    nothing will hold me down
    this is my time to shine.

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, your're right" (Henry Ford).

Workout song: anything from the 80's.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My name's Laura, I'm 23 and from the midwest. I've been really into working out for the past 4 or 5 years but last year I got in a rut, was depressed and eating unhealthy. I gained almost ten pounds and outgrew some of my clothes. My biggest motivator is getting back into my favorite pair of jeans! I just happened to do day 1 of 30 day shred today, then saw this group so thought "why not". I was sweating my *kitten* off!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My name's Terry. I am a 51 yr old mother of 2 & grandmother of 1. I have lost 30 + or - lbs. Fighting to lose the last 10 to 20. Weight train 2 days a week, but definitely need more. Will be starting on the 25th. Very excited!!
  • Meggiipoo
    Options
    Hi everyone Im Megan, from Houston, Tx. I just started a profile here on MyFitnessPal.com so Im a newbie! I am 18 and way overweight, starting college on Monday which is a new chapter for me,and I want getting healthy and fit in this chapter as well! I have done Weight Watchers before and had lost 60 lbs in 2010 and was almost to my goal weight when we no longer had funds to pay to go to meetings and some unfortunate events took place in my life, and I eventually gained all of the weight back and then some. Knowing how close I was and how amazing I looked and felt is my motivation. Seeing photos of myself and knowing that everyday I was walking anywhere from 3-6 miles with no problem is something that sticks with me everyday. I want to be able to feel amazing again, to be able to look in the mirror and like who Im seeing! Im new and just today getting back into the swing of things so any support I can get would be so amazing, add me as a friend or shoot me a message of inspiration and motivation to keep my head up and my butt in gear it would be much appreciated! Thanks guys! (:
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Heya. Im a 23 year old from northern England and this sounds pretty fun :) Praying I don't collapse >_> Ill be starting on Monday instead of Saturday however.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I actually just did my day 1 tonight, but joined the group anyway =)
    I took my before pictures, they're in my blog, I can't believe I shared those! Yucky!

We can do this!!
  • aliciamda
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Alicia. This is actually the first group I've joined. I did the 30DS before, but I didn't have a measure tape or scale at the time to see if I changed much physically, though I know my endurance definitely increased. I figure I may as well give it another shot, putting forth even more effort this time since I know what to expect, before I move on to Insanity. I've been doing Pilates, but I got bored of it, so... 30DS, here I come! :)

I'm really excited to start up again and have fellow Shreders to motivate and be motivated by along the ride!
  • atownsend5
    Options
    Hi, I am Amy. Living in New Orleans but really a true Georgia peach. I am the homeschooling mom of 3 girls. They are my motivation. I lost 55# several years ago but gained it all back. I need to loss about 90lbs. It seems impossible. I am determine this time to make a total lifestyle change. It is hard living in a city with such great food!

Day 2 of level 1 completed plus 50 minutes on the treadmill. Hoping that I can move tomorrow.
  • smiles4support
    Options
    thanks for answering my ?
  • nhernan6
    nhernan6 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi there! I am Natalie - I live in beautiful Colorado! I have 4 amazing kids ranging from 17 to 5. I want to become healthy - I have always been a big girl and I just now what to become healthy. My kids are very active and I am to a point (I play softball 3x a week) - becoming thinner will just be a perk!

My kids are my inspiration! They are my biggest fans!

I just got my 30day Shred in the mail when I got back from Seattle and I am so excited to have found a group that I could join to do this journey together!
  • KLPlatinum
    Options
    Hello! I am Kari. Currently stationed in Las Vegas, but born and raised in Oregon. I have been active duty Air Force for almost 13 years now. I am a single mother to a wonderful 3 (will be 4 in Oct) year old boy. A demanding job and being a single mother has left me no time for myself...so I just kept packing on the pounds and now I am the biggest I have ever been. I took my Air Force physical training test two weeks ago and barely passed, it was the wake up call that I needed to start thinking about myself. The nice thing about the Air Force is they give you at least 90 mins, three days a week to work out....work permitting. I always thought I was too busy take the time out of my work day, but not anymore. So along with the 30DS every night, I will be doing 3-4 days a week of additional cardio and weights. Hope I am not trying to do to much at once.

To be honest, I am more scared to take my before picture than I am of doing the 30DS.

I am so excited that so many people have joined the group and we are starting this awesome journey together.
  • Marvelous47
    Marvelous47 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Kay and I'm ready to make this happen, I only have 10 pounds to lose but my motivation isn't weight it's tone and health. I will be 65 next week and I've been in good shape all my life, run 5k races and try to stay on a good diet. HOWEVER, I have a few vices that I love, having a cold beer with my husband, late night snacks and it's taken a toll on my waistline. Better known as a spare tire.
    Anyway, I'm all in and hope to chat with you all.

"If you think you can or you think you can't you are right either way"

Kay
  • Angeleyz808
    Options
    Hey everybody,

My name is Ryan and I'm 25 years old residing in O`ahu, Hawai`i. I won't be doing the 30 Day Shred that you all are doing. Instead I'm going to be dancing and grooving to Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift for 30 days. I know way different but, it's still a workout. Let the party begin! I'm so ready! I say we should all do before and after pictures! Up to you guys though! Best of luck!

Ryan
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Pleasure to meet all of you! Looks like we have an amazing diverse group of people already. I feel hugely motivated and can't wait to get started! :)
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Susan from the UK. I'm new to MFP and am looking forward to shifting the remainder of the extra weight I gained after having my children! I still have just over 20lb to go until I reach my goal weight, but I desperately need to get back into regular exercise again, so figured this was the perfect way to start. I don't really have anything insprational to share with regards to motivation, but I'm determined to complete the programme and get back into shape again. Good luck everyone!
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    hello!
    my name is Klara, im from Croatia and im 21
    ive done day one few times or even came to day two haha, but never on day three :grumble:
    time to change that!
    good luck to all! :wink:

cw: 172
    breast: 42
    waist: 32
    hips: 46
  • SuzieQ430
    SuzieQ430 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My daughter is getting married in a month, so I am hoping this will help tighten me up in preparation for the wedding. Here we go!
  • Kangie08
    Kangie08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, my name is Kangie and I will be restarting 30 day shred level one on tomorrow. I am a 41 year old married mother of 4 pincessess and we reside in Flordia. I am totally excited about restarting 30DS and seeing my results. I am really looking forward to completing my first 10 days this time.
  • go450
    go450 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey there, My name is Heather, and I just downloaded the first session of 30 DS and worked it..whew! I'm a 226.6 lb lady who has dreams of one day competing in a triathalon. I have some knee issues, old baseball injuries, however with a few modifications I managed the work out. Heading to the pool now to cool off. Thanks for starting this group. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey.