Staying on track while you're away

Options
whipa494
whipa494 Posts: 41 Member
Hi guys!
So me and my wee sister are up in Auckland for the weekend staying with my sister and straight after the airport we went to movenpick! She has planned all this stuff for us most of it revolving around food. Does anyone have any suggestions for staying on track when away for the weekend especially with eating market food etc :)

Replies

• marsoe
    marsoe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't worry about it. MFP targets do have quite a bit of wiggle room, even if you're 3700 cals over, that still might only mean that your weight stays the same for that week.

More likely, your instinct is to take it easy and not eat that much over. Just track as best, and as honestly, as you can (you can always make up the difference later on), and enjoy your holiday!
  • Sneeze1970
    Options
    I agree with whipa. Its only for the weekend so just try as much as you can to be sensible (eg. small cone with yogurt based ice cream or sorbet), stop when you feel full, look for salads & fresh foods at markets - that kind of stuff. It does also help to try to track as honestly as you can (well I found it helped).

I've had a few 'blow out' events and if I'm super good for the following few days it usually all evens out and although I might plateau for a week (or two) my next weigh-in is often a bigger loss. Hope that makes sense!

In 3 weeks I'm off overseas to see family for 4wks and I'm already mentally preparing myself for gaining back a few kilos. I'm going with an attitude of 'yes I will gain weight but be sensible and it shouldn't be too bad'. I'm also hoping that my family will be so surprised and pleased by how much I've lost since they last saw me that they won't 'sabotage' my efforts.

Enjoy your weekend!