Hello and welcome!

Options
helenoftroy1
helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
Post on here what you'd like to lose per week and what your overall goal is and I'll try and update it weekly over each weekend.
use this group for support and to monitor your progress. We can post recipes and fitness/ exercise tips and ad hoc stuff to help us get

Limber by Crimber (?) Does that work?!?!

Thinbo by Crimbo????

:laugh: :ohwell:

Replies

• helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hello, I hope you don't mind me joining! I'm new to MFP and haven't joined a group before, but this looks like just what I need.

I lost 14lb between Easter and July, but haven't been trying over the summer. This is my first week of really getting back onto it. I would like to lose another 28lb, so 21lb by Christmas would be great. Especially as I have just booked a holiday for new year that will involve swimsuits (eeek!).
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    ok I forgot to post my stats!!

Today I weighed in at 185lbs (!) eeks
    I want to lose : stone and a half (21lbs)
    I've changed my weigh day to Monday as the weekend always lets me down so this will hopefully keep me good!!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    Hello, I hope you don't mind me joining! I'm new to MFP and haven't joined a group before, but this looks like just what I need.

I lost 14lb between Easter and July, but haven't been trying over the summer. This is my first week of really getting back onto it. I would like to lose another 28lb, so 21lb by Christmas would be great. Especially as I have just booked a holiday for new year that will involve swimsuits (eeek!).

~Welcome!!!! of course you can join. Hopefully we can make this a fun way of losing some weight before Christmas and learn new things as well, share motivation and help others.

Yay my first member!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I didn't put in my weight now, did I?

I haven't weighed since Monday as I am trying to stick to just once a week. On Monday I weighed 196lb.
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    I am literally creating my excel spreadsheet as I type! Whoop whoop so excited!
  • Cds309
    Cds309 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! Im Coco and I had already set a goal for myself to lose 50 lbs by Christmas. Thats roughly 10 per month or 2.5 per week until just around Christmas. I know I can do it if I want so this group can be my motivation!!!
  • thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello I just joined the group but been on MFP for about 4 months :) I've set a first goal of losing 20 pounds by Christmas about 2 weeks ago. Which would roughly average to a pound per week. Problem is, my boyfriend bought a scale and he keeps it with him so I won't end up weighing myself everyday. So he can only bring it by once a month :/ I'm really hoping to see that I've been actually losing because my clothes still fit hahaha :p
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello! Will weigh in tomorrow, have had a wee break from the scales as they were driving me insane! But reckon a stone and half by Christmas will makeme a happy bunny! Oh and I love thinbo by Chrimbo!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    If you want (and you don't have to this group can just be for support) post your starting weight and weigh in day. I'll pop it on my spreadsheet so we can see how everyone is doing. (yes Helen has a spreadsheet. Very sad, but geekycool right?!)

ok guys and gals, enjoy the group!
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in; 21lbs by Thinbo Crimbo would be fab!
    Starting at (gulp) 213lbs. Normally weigh Wednedsday but can do Monday if that helps.
    Thanks Helen - good luck with the number crunching :bigsmile:
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    I'm in; 21lbs by Thinbo Crimbo would be fab!
    Starting at (gulp) 213lbs. Normally weigh Wednedsday but can do Monday if that helps.
    Thanks Helen - good luck with the number crunching :bigsmile:

You are officially on my spreadsheet!

:happy:
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Super speedy - thanks
    Here's to a 'good' weekend - full of healthy food and lots of walks in the rain!
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I am back to MFP after a wee break. I had lost a stone and a half this year 12-12 down to 11-4. I even did a 5kkm run for charity! After that I lost a bit of motivation and then summer came - kids off school = snacking and wine Friday became wine Thursday/Fri/Sat and sometimes Sunday. My exercise levels have also gone down ...simple equation, really!!! I jumped on the scale Mon 20th Aug and was 11-10. So a bit annoyed, but it could have been worse! I loose weight quite slowly. I also don't actually use this site religiously - I know that perhaps I should, but I make most of my evening meals and the ingredients and ratios change all the time - no spag-bol is the same. In the spring, I was eating 2/3 of my usual sized meal - I eat of a lunch plate (it really works - not exact science, but good enough for me!)

This challenge couldn't be more perfect for me at this time! I would love to be under 11 stone, ideally 10-7. (pre children weight!! kids are 5,4 and 2) I have just joined another group this week - my first 2, so not quite sure what to expect / do
    Good luck to everyone!
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ps my pic is wrong - i am using it for motivation just now!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Pick me, Pick me. This sounds like fun. My name is Tina and I have been on mfp since May 27th. I started this journey at 158 pounds and weighed in Monday August 20th at 140.6. Would love to be added to the spreadsheet and am always looking for active friends. Thanks for setting this all up. Could you please post a link for the spreadsheet.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh, sorry. I would llke to lose a pound a week, and my ULTIMATE goal is 128.
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OK so start weight 155.4lbs Chrimbo goal is 134lbs gulp! Thinbo by Chrimbo here we come!
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Alis. If I lose 1.5 stone by Chrimbo I will have reached my target of 140lbs. It's very achieve able if we work on it .

What day will friends be weighing in ( I don't mind changing mine to the majority)?

When does it start?

Do we change our ticker? We can change it back after Chrimbo.

Let's do it and EAT LESS for XMAS.
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    I have most of the info down, with the different weigh in days. I realise some people might not want to change their weigh in days but next weekend I'll be posting any progress etc.

My ticker is already set at 0 because this is me starting again in a way anyway but yeah it's a good idea if people want to do that.

This weekend I am mostly collecting the info so we officially start on the Monday I guess? I am very open to suggestions. This is your group so let me know what you want from it and want to see.

The goals set are very achievable and hopefully we will all learn something along the way as well?

Does everyone want to commit to a weigh in day of Monday? or Saturday?
  • jenbison
    jenbison Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Helen. I just joined because 21 pounds by Christmas would bring me to my goal weight so this group title, I felt, was talking to me. I joined mfp in January and had lost 14 pounds. In June, I hurt my back and was laid up for 6 weeks. Slowly, I have gotten better, but am missing exercise terribly. Since June, I have put 6 pounds back on. I wasn't facing it here on mfp. I was ignoring the weight gain and keeping the 14 pounds lost on my ticker. I just changed all that last night, which depressed me. I do not want to be depressed. I need to continue losing the weight I have set out to lose. I started my weight loss journey at 164. My goal weight is 135. This group will be a big part of my motivation and I look forward to checking in often. I would like to weigh in on Monday's if that is what the group decides.