August Movers n Shakers

Options

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Weigh in:flowerforyou:
    Please remember to weigh in tomorrow (Sunday)

Also, when I post 'Movers nShakere' does that remind you to check in? Or should I stop posting that every day?
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have to apologize for not checking in the last few days, but I am ready to report in now!

Wed- Arms work out done & no calorie drinks consumed
    Thurs-No video exercise done & no calorie drinks consumed
    Fri-Ab work out done & no calorie drinks consumed
    Sat-Total Body work out just completed & no calorie drinks consumed.

I will do my best to check in daily...sorry Jax!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Saturday check in -

Exercise -not done :(

Beverage challenge met!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Good morning!

Weigh in - up .20! I am really happy that it want more! I had lots of bad eating days while hubby was away! :ohwell:
  • jmanzano68
    Options
    Sunday weigh in: I lost 0.4 lbs....down to 132 lbs. :)
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: GETTING TO KNOW YOU :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Ahhhhh...the end of another month is here! And it is at the same time as our weekly questions! So, I think they are all gonna be team/exercise questions -

What was the most positive thing you got from this team?

What was lacking? Or what did you need that you didn't get?

What did you think of the level of exercises? Too hard, just right, too easy?

What would you like to see more of from our team?

What could you easily skip? (Don't feel bad if you say these questions! )

Is there anything I can do more/less of that would help you on your journey?

And-
    How did YOU do on your personal goals this week?
    Did you make your month goal?
    Any NSVs this week?
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :noway: When I posted today's questions, I realized that I never answered LAST weeks!! :noway:

TOTALLY RANDOM!!

1. You're the size of an ant... what are you going to do? Find a nice garden and enjoy!!

2. If you had a super power it would be... I would like to fly! I think the views would be amazing, and the travel time would be great!

3. How do you cross a lake? Or how would you like to? On a boat. I would love to just drift across, slowly, on a raft or floaty thingy

4. Describe your self in 3 words. Crazy, nice, personable

5. Your most epic holiday was/will be.. my anniversary cruise with hubby! Hope to do that again!

6. You wish you were at... the beach! Love the sound of the waves!

7. What’s your favourite colour (color)? It had to be asked. Blue

8. If you were anything other than human, you would be a.. dolphin, or a turtle

9. Knife. Fork. Spoon. Fork. Spork. Chopsticks. Invent a new utensil.. Big fat food straw

10. Name 3 things you like. Be creative! Quilting, walking with friends, reading in the shade:flowerforyou:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :tongue: GETTING TO KNOW YOU :tongue:

Ahhhhh...the end of another month is here! And it is at the same time as our weekly questions! So, I think they are all gonna be team/exercise questions -

What was the most positive thing you got from this team? I love when everyone one talks about their experience with the challenges - makes it easier for me to complete them when I know everyone is doing the same things as I am

What was lacking? Or what did you need that you didn't get? I really wish there was more participation

What did you think of the level of exercises? Too hard, just right, too easy? I like them this month, there were a few days that were harder, but overall I liked them

What would you like to see more of from our team? More daily check ins, more sharing

What could you easily skip? (Don't feel bad if you say these questions! ) the 100 oz challenge!! :drinker:

And-
    How did YOU do on your personal goals this week? I didn't meet my goals for cardio, but hubby was out of town, so I knew it was gonna be hard.
    Did you make your month goal? no, but I didn't gain! So that's always good!:bigsmile:
    Any NSVs this week? I ran a little over a mile straight! Which I thought was wonderful since I haven't run in about a month!
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Saturday challenge, did all except burpees and jump ropes...water checked...
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    sunday check in: 192.6
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    weigh in 152.8.........didnt do exercise challenge for yesterday, met beverage challenge
  • themommie
    Options
    What was the most positive thing you got from this team? the challenges , it made me want to do more then I would otherwise

What was lacking? Or what did you need that you didn't get? participation/sharing

What did you think of the level of exercises? Too hard, just right, too easy? pretty good, their were a few hard ones but overall good

What would you like to see more of from our team? sharing, the questions not to be so random or out there and to do more with what we are going through and our daily lives to feel more connected ( I hope that made sense)

the scale LOL

And-
    How did YOU do on your personal goals this week? yes and no , I was more consistant with exercise but didnt lose
    Did you make your month goal? no but didnt gain
    Any NSVs this week? a guy at church this morning told me I was getting thinner and thinner
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Weight 151 lbs
    Beverage challenge: Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat
    Exercise challenge: Mon, Tues, Fri.

Sorry! I had a bad week. We start school tomorrow & things are getting crazy!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Welcome to the last week of August! Congrats to everyone that has stuck it out for this far. We only have 5 challenges left. This week we will test your strength and creativity.

:heart: Monday - create your own tabata workout :heart:

With this being the end of the month I hope you guys are ready for this task. We have done several different type of exercises in different routines. Today you need to create your own tabata style workout. This system is the 20 second exercise followed by 10 second rest. Your work out should have 4 different exercises and go for 8 minutes. Each rotation of the 4 exercises should take 2 minutes. That means 4 complete rotations.
    Ex....
    20 sec exercise 1 - 10 sec rest
    20 sec exercise 2 - 10 sec rest
    20 sec exercise 3 - 10 sec rest
    20 sec exercise 4 - 10 sec rest
    Repeat this 4 times - tell your team what 4 exercises you picked and post in the format above. Remember it is 20 seconds of one exercise with 10 secondary read followed by a different exercise. YOU DO NOT REPEAT THE SAME EXERCISE 4 TIMES AND THEN MOVE TO THE NEXT.

Report back to your team on what you created for your tabata style workout.

:heart: At a different time test your limits on squats! How many can you complete non-stop? Report back to your team :heart:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Weekly challenge - Miles and burns :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    With this being the end of the month I am going to challenge everyone to get some mileage in! August has been a tough month for weight for most of us and hopefully this will help you blast past your old weight.

:bigsmile: Monday, Wednesday and Friday will all be days that we record our MILES. :bigsmile:

:smokin: Tuesday and Thursday will be our BURN days. :smokin:

The points possible for this challenge are endless! The miles challenge counts for full points on miles that are either walked, run, or you use the elliptical. The distance bikes is counted for HALF THE MILEAGE. That means is you bike 10 miles your team earns 5 points. Partial miles count also so record the full amount!
    The burn challenge points are divided by 100 of your burn. Therefore, if you burn 1217 your team will earn 12 points. Make sure you post the entire calorie burn and not just the points earned.

Snap to it!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: GETTING TO KNOW YOU :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

What was the most positive thing you got from this team? I enjoyed hearing from everyone.

What was lacking? Or what did you need that you didn't get? I would like to like to hear more about everyone, not just report on challenges

What did you think of the level of exercises? Too hard, just right, too easy? I liked them. Good blend of strength & cardio.

What would you like to see more of from our team? Everyone's personal feelings and opinions about our lives in general. It makes us all more connected.

What could you easily skip? (Don't feel bad if you say these questions! ) Burpees :tongue:

Is there anything I can do more/less of that would help you on your journey? Jackie, you do a wonderful job!:flowerforyou:

And-
    How did YOU do on your personal goals this week? I did great with the weekly challenges but fell short on the workout challenges a few days. Sometimes life gets in the way, but when I make a commitment to do something, it bums me out when I don't honor it. :cry:
    Did you make your month goal? Weight loss was a winner. I lost more than I thought I would.:laugh:
    Any NSVs this week? Bought 2 new pairs of skinny pants and didn't have to "pour" myself in them. Looking good!!!
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    weekend check in updates:

Friday i meet the exercise challenge but i did consume calories in the form of alcohal!

Saturday i did the exercise and didn't consume any calories

Sunday i did extra excercise bc i felt a little heavy and wanted to shake that feeling.

My weight as of Sunday was 189.6 which is a loss of .80 pounds.
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What was the most positive thing you got from this team? some of the challenges bc it made me redirect my focus at times and i think i learned alot from that

What was lacking? Or what did you need that you didn't get? some time i think i feel into my routine and i would do the challenge stuff last minute but i did stick to it!

What did you think of the level of exercises? Too hard, just right, too easy? pretty good, their were a few hard ones but overall good (ditto)

What would you like to see more of from our team? sharing, i think each team member should have assinged a challenge for the week. that way we could all get a feel of what the other members do when they work out.

the daily check ins. kind of hard when you have technical difficulties the mfp phone app only allows you limited access so....

no i think it was just what i needed to kick it up a notch. i would def do this again.

And-
    How did YOU do on your personal goals this week? i did very well i think outside of the one birthday dinner on Friday where i had a cocktail i was on point with the rest of the challenges so i am pround of myself!

Did you make your month goal? i believe my month goal was to lose 3-5 pounds and i think i am right at the cuff but the month is not over until friday so i can still make it if i really try!

Any NSVs this week? i don't know what NSV is but after reading a few other replies looks to be a positive from the challenge. well i think mine would be that i also get multiple compliments from friends, family and coworkers regarding my weight loss. i think one coworker even called me skinny!! i am definitely not skinny... smalller yes but skinny is a bit of a ways away!
  • themommie
    Options
    Love the challenge for this week......off to make up my workout....:smile:
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Monday
    For my miles I did the elliptical for 43 minutes and had 4.66 miles. Since it is the mile challenge, I chose an elliptical machine that has a shorter stride cos I can move faster on it. I lowered the resistance and used only the stationary handles instead of the back and forth ones. It was all about the miles today. I thought that I was absolutely burning this thing up when I got up to 7 miles. By the end the reading was 7.5 kilometers:ohwell: Joke's on me, huh!

Tabata was swimmers press, skating in place, tricep dips and jumping jacks. I tried to do the bear walk instead od the swimmers press but my dogs refused to get out of the way. In the spirit of picking my battles, I just went to the bedroom, put up the dog gate and did things that required less space.:drinker:
  • jmanzano68
    Options
    Monday check in: Tabata work out done: toe touches, jumping jacks, swimmer's press, and crunches.
    I completed 90 squats.
    I walked 3.2 miles this morning.

What was the most positive thing you got from this team? Knowing I'm not the only one that struggles with the challenges.

What was lacking? Or what did you need that you didn't get? More participation...I'm guilty of not checking in on a daily basis.

What did you think of the level of exercises? Too hard, just right, too easy? The exercises were pretty good this time...a few harder than others.

What would you like to see more of from our team? Check ins.

What could you easily skip? (Don't feel bad if you say these questions! ) The water challenge of drinking 100 oz a day!

Is there anything I can do more/less of that would help you on your journey? I appreciate you being a captain, especially with your busy schedule w/the kids & work. You still do a very good job!

And-
    How did YOU do on your personal goals this week? I could do better.
    Did you make your month goal? I did pretty good in getting back to exercising on a daily basis.
    Any NSVs this week? None