Activities

Options
Charlottina
Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
I was just wondering what activities do people enjoy doing so I can hopefully include something for everyone throughout the next few months :)

Replies

• slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, sometimes Running, but I have bad knees.
  • praskovka
    Options
    I like the elliptical too.But you should think that not everyone is going to the gym or is having one at home.I think that squats,crunches etc are okay.Going up an exact number of stairs?I can't think about anything else right now.. :smile:
  • supergirlie00
    Options
    Walking! Maybe we could all hit a however many miles walked or ran?
  • annfuller1
    Options
    i like aerobic dvds - cherfitness, beverly callard (old school) - cant get to grips with zumba though

xxxxx
  • msgold10brown
    msgold10brown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My activities include running, kickboxing, spinning, sports agility, strength training, zumba and yoga.
  • elizabethoneill
    elizabethoneill Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Think it should be activities that everyone can do so no special equipement should be required.
  • christinechipchase
    christinechipchase Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    walking, lunges, squats, lifting small weights for peole who don't do it all the time. I want to be able to run in the future for a long distance :) xx
  • praskovka
    Options
    Think it should be activities that everyone can do so no special equipement should be required.
    this^^
    i like supergirlie00's idea.Walking is great.Tracking miles/ kilometers is pretty good in my opinion.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I ride the bike (stationary and regular), do zumba, use the elliptical, started doing some rowing (machine), strength training, circuit training, swim, aquafit, walk the dog, and that is about it. I love to try new things too, so bring it on. Whatever you put out, I will try.

Thanks for putting together this challenge.
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yea I was thinking of doing a miles activity. Liking the suggestions so far :D
  • abadaba
    abadaba Posts: 44
    Options
    Aerobics, elliptical, biking, swimming/water aerobics, pilates
  • sasy_sfinx
    Options
    I agree, think activities should be things that anyone can do - no specific equipment needed but think it's also wise to bear in mind that there's no way that everyone will be happy with every activity. Probably best to keep it varied so everyone gets to enjoy something they like or try something new here and there.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm a walker myself, that's my main/favorite type of exercise.

I'd like to start jogging soon, I also have a hula hoop and hand weights - Maybe one of the mini challenges could be to try a new type of exercise for a week or two. :)

Thanks for much for starting this group! :)
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    starting to enjoying running, doing the c25k program right now, registerd for my first 5k sept 29th
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    What about having choices for each challenge? One option could be something that anyone can do, such as walking, lunges, crunches, etc...and the other option could be something that might not work for everyone but can still appeal to different groups of people (for example, one week it could be the elliptical, and another week it could be a YouTube video). That way, there's always something for everyone, but there are options for people to take advantage of gym memberships, computer access, etc.

Pinterest also has great at-home and quickie exercise ideas :)

Edited for typo.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Walking/jogging, circuit training.. crunches, lunges, pushups, jump roping, jumping jacks, weights. Usually no special equipment or gym needed. I will be looking at going to gyms soon, but haven't made the big jump yet.
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    I currently do the elliptical, fitness videos,and walking mostly. However, I am game for anything and to stretch my boundaries a bit.

I like Moxie42's suggestion of having choices for each week!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love to bike (regular or stationary). Walking, elliptical (although not very much stamina on it yet), swimming, zumba, yoga, pilates.

Maybe the challenge some weeks could be for distance? Like the first one could be 10 miles or whatever, doesn't matter how you do it or in what combo - running, walking, biking, etc...
  • soundtrack
    soundtrack Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yea I was thinking of doing a miles activity. Liking the suggestions so far :D

Another idea is time. Recently had a coach and she suggested 10 minutes of exercise every day. The concept is to get into the habit of exercising every day. Same time is preffered. And the added bonus to comitting to 10 mins daily is you usually exercise longer!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I participate in a bootcamp class which involves small weights, lunges, squats, push-ups, cardio, abs, etc. I've also been training for my first 5k run! So running and walking. And I enjoy swimming, but will only have my pool open for a few more weeks.