Day 6 Level 1
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Day 5 lv 2 done ! half way there:bigsmile: anyone elses hip hurt??? ugh
  • SumittraB
    SumittraB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ten days of level one is done, moving on to level 2 tomorrow. I'm afraid.
  • Tonya0809
    Tonya0809 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 2 done!! Getting a little bored with it but I will keep going
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have been absent the past few days. Sorry. My birthday was yesterday and I decide to live my life "relaxed" this past weekend. As far as food restrictions and calorie counting. Sunday I didn't not get out of my pajamas.

Saturday I completed Level 2 day 3.
    Sunday I skipped, for no good reason, just because.
    Monday I completed Level 2 day 4.
    Today I completed Level 2 day 5.

I am sore, I sweat like a pig doing it.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Okay... I slacked off over the weekend and didn't work out at all (other than a little walking around), but no shredding or anything. I just got done with my second day of level 2. I should have been on day 4 today, but... whatever.

Day 2 of Level 2 done.

I feel like JM was pretty rough on my ankles during workout 1, and they are still pretty sore despite having taking the weekend off and eating Advil like Tic Tacs. This time around, she seems to be trying to destroy my shoulders. Does anyone else feel like she is a little rough on one particular part? I got through the workout today with no shoes and did fine. No double jumping jacks for me- I marched it out- and I kept my feet on the floor for the oblique twists. Other than that, no real modifications. Just keeping up with Anita. I did do the full plank jacks today, which actually seemed a little easier than the toe touch, since you get to jump and don't have to keep abs locked the whole time. It also didn't feel as hard on my shoulders. I'm going to try to remember to weigh myself when I go to work today, and maybe try to get a picture. We shall see.

Yep- I agree- this whole series ended up being a little counter intuitive to me. Where are the rest days? Why are we working the SAME exact muscles for 10 days straight? Ok- so you can put your own rest days in of course- and I guess you can drag the 30 days into way more in other ways- mixing your workouts so its not just Shred. I love JM- love what she does and how - but - I fell for the hype of this series. I know a lot of ppl got great results - I am too- running, eating well, and mixing in things like this. Billy Banks gets results, Denise Austin gets results- there are a lot of great workouts out there.

At first I was racing to my dvds - then I was dreading it - not because its hard- I love bootcamp, CSI and HIIT classes and will push myself in any situation with or without someone yelling at me - but - she and this workout bored me. I loved that its short and kicks my butt hard in that short time but I need to mix it up more.

I joined this group so I continued to check back. I hate to quit anything- but Im not quitting working out at all- just this series. You all that are almost done keep going! Bottom line is - if you are enjoying it and getting results you are doing something GREAT for yourself. Keep on the right track!

~~I will now back out of this group and thread and return myself to my regularly scheduled workouts of varying types and times.
    Good luck everyone! Shred on ~
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 2 done.... I agree with Fraus about the ankles thing. Mine have stayed really sore since I started Level 2. I haven't even attempted doing the full version of the plank exercises, but I think I'll try it out tomorrow and see if it's any easier on my ankles... Thanks for the ideas!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Day 10 done (day 3 on level 2). I actually followed Natalie part of the time... :-) getting stronger!!
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I took the last 3 days to be a little rutabaga on the couch. I did day 11, level 2 today. For me, the break made a big difference. I was able to do the workout without modifications, and I didn't feel sick today. I think I just needed a break. Finishing up the 30DS, I think I will do 3 to 4 days on, one day off. I wanted to do the 30 days in 30 days, but this first go around, break days are required. The ab section is easy for me now. The chair with V arm lifts is still killer. Does anybody find this part easy? Easier?
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Ten days of level one is done, moving on to level 2 tomorrow. I'm afraid.

Don't fear! Level 2 is tough, but a lot of fun moves. It kicks butt, and challenges, but you can feel it working. Good luck!
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have been absent the past few days. Sorry. My birthday was yesterday and I decide to live my life "relaxed" this past weekend. As far as food restrictions and calorie counting. Sunday I didn't not get out of my pajamas.

Saturday I completed Level 2 day 3.
    Sunday I skipped, for no good reason, just because.
    Monday I completed Level 2 day 4.
    Today I completed Level 2 day 5.

I am sore, I sweat like a pig doing it.

You and me both! I do not glisten or glow. I sweat. A lot!! The sweat drips off my face. I figure it's an added bonus. People pay good money for that kind of a steam. :) Think how clean our pores will be. All those toxins being removed...
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    day 6 lv.2 done:bigsmile:
  • SumittraB
    SumittraB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started Level 2, the back of my one knee is hurting. Tough workout.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did not shred this morning :( This week sucks.

I work 2 jobs. My full time job plus a part time job (usually 3 nights a week and every other Saturday)

This week I only had Monday Off and I have to work this Saturday, this will be my 4th Saturday in a row.

I could not peel myself out of bed at 4:30, I heard Jillian say "come on get out of bed and lets do some plank jacks." I told her where to go and how to get there and went back to bed. LOL

Tomorrow is another day. Yawn.
  • Tonya0809
    Tonya0809 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Level 2 Done...I can't believe I have kept doing it for this long! So proud of myself :happy:
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    Very long day yesterday. I had to run errands all morning, then work, and I didn't get home until 1030, so I didn't shred yesterday. Back on track today though. Planning on running and shredding tonight :)
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 2 done yesterday. I dont know why but i am not losing any weight? :( Set at 1450/day and I eat half to all my exercise calories. Feeling discouraged.
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hey!!! Yesterday i finished my 1 day on level 2!!! whooo :smile:
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Haven't been good about checking in on the board daily but I have been sticking with the 30DS! This morning I I finished Day 5 of Level 2...halfway through the program! :bigsmile: Not a fan of the V-curl/squat thing :grumble: but it's definitely a good workout. Hopefully I will see results at the end of all of this!

Have a good day everyone
    :flowerforyou:
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 2 done yesterday. I dont know why but i am not losing any weight? :( Set at 1450/day and I eat half to all my exercise calories. Feeling discouraged.

I was having this same problem doing the shred. I gained and stalled for two weeks. I upped my calories and am loosing again.