A Little C25K NSV

Options
jessc4343
jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
I've started this program twice, maybe three times prior. And though I'm only on week 5 day 2, I've been doing each week twice, just to make sure I move on without injury (and, ok, it's sort of a mind-game too :tongue: ). So I'm pretty happy with my progress, particularly in regards to commitment.

And while I'd rather be posting a picture of disappearing love handles, I'll settle for last night's NSV.

The bf and I decided to take our three boys for a walk after dinner; I'd spotted some construction equipment around the block and the littlest boy goes fool for anything like that. We saw some rain clouds coming but figured we'd be ok (and we know our boys aren't made of sugar so they would NOT be melting). Boys rode bikes, we walked. We made it to the equipment, snapped a few pics for the littlest's show and tell and then the sky fell out. The big boys zoomed home but little bit (he's only 4) needed someone to stay back with him, and since I'm going for "mother of the year" we kept pace as well as possible which was basically a slow jog.

Y'all. 5ish weeks ago I wouldn't have run (very far) to save my own life. We were about a half mile from home and I jogged all the way home. No robotic woman telling me "you're halfway there" or "only one minute left" for encouragement. Only the rain smothering my vision and the joy of having decided to wear a sports bra. I realize a 1/2 mile isn't far for very, very many - but I felt like I could have backtracked three times and still felt wonderful.

Endorphins are wonderful, and getting fit is even better; those two going hand-in-hand though, is amazeballs :)

DSCF3292.JPG

Replies

• KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I love your attitude--.5 mile is something to be proud of!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree, a 1/2 mile is awesome!! That is a wonderful NSV!

And I love "little bit" smiling with the heavy equipment. Too cute!
  • nadiamode
    Options
    you had me at "amazeballs". :D
    also, congratulations! that is amazing.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yup. I might have to steal "amazeballs".
    Congratualtions, that's awesome.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    That is beautiful!!... Congratulations!!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all! My sweet boys are great motivation =D
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love this! Well done. :)