What do you do in between workout outs ?

Options
hi guys , I'm on week 2 stage 1 , not sure if this has been asked before? But do you do any cardio etc on days in-between workouts? I'm loving this programme ! Finding it bit hard with upping cals ! I'm used to fasting 1 a week! Feel scared !

Replies

• girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    as the book says you don't have to but a lot of ppl do. My workout days are Mon, Thurs, Sat and I have soccer training on Wed and normally a soccer game on Sun so I only really have one day off a week.

If you are following a IF plan and have had success with it there is no reason to stop, I follow leangains 16/8 and it doesn't effect my workouts, if you follow something like eat stop eat then just make fast days your rest days in between :)

Good luck with NR's
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I lift only, my days off are actually days off... Except I do intervals (that starts phase 2 I think) on the day after lifting (if at all).
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Right now, I don't do anything additional because I have three professional singing rehearsals per week in addition to working regular hours. Thus I have no time/energy for anything besides lifting 3 days/week. I occasionally walk a bit on the weekend if I am not busy or tired. I have a very active lifestyle though, so I move a lot during the day!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just restarted couch to 5k this week. My lift days are M W F with runs on T Th Sun and rest on Saturday. So far, so good with energy levels for both, but I'm only up to stage 1 4b.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I add in some dancing - usually walking. Sometimes some cardio, sometimes HIIT.

Lately, I like doing complexes.

I think if you like cardio and enjoy it.. and it's a part of your life, you shouldn't remove it just for a lifting plan. But if you don't really care for it, just leave it out, since you don't need extra with the bodyweight matrix and hiit sessions. :)
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I add a spin class in one or two days a week. I have been busy at work so I mainly stick to lifting 3 days a week. If I have time I slip the spin class in.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I do about an hour of cardio on most of my non-lifting days. More likely on weekdays than weekends though. And I make sure to take at least 1 full rest day every week.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think if you like cardio and enjoy it.. and it's a part of your life, you shouldn't remove it just for a lifting plan. But if you don't really care for it, just leave it out, since you don't need extra with the bodyweight matrix and hiit sessions. :)

This.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    During stage one I lifted M-W-F plus I did cardio 1-2 days per week on off days. I get DVDs from my local library. Later stages in NROL4W incorporate HIIT so I did less intense workouts on non-lifting days like walking or leisurely bike riding.
  • aquajen77
    Options
    I'm in the middle of Stage 1. I teach Water Aerobics 2x a week on my off days. I also try to fit in a power yoga class.
  • twinkletoes66
    twinkletoes66 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanx guys ! Iv swam 100 lengths today 1 mile whoop whoop x
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I usually just Hula hoop (3lbs) when the kids watch TV for 10 mins or so on days off.

Sometimes the kids ride bikes and I walk fast to keep up.

My own motto is 3 days at the gym is enough, spend the rest of the time outside :)
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I (like you!) am on the second week of Stage 1 and am loving it so far. I kickbox three times a week (started it several months ago and fell in love, not willing to give it up) and lift twice a week. I know I might run into trouble in stage 2 when I hit the interval training because you're not supposed to do interval training on your off days, but I figure I'll figure that out when I get there. So far, this is working out fine. The hard thing is just making sure I am taking in enough calories (and protein).