What stage are you at?

Options
2»

Replies

• alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Completed W3D2 today. I've completed all stages twice before and then just stopped running. This time I plan on keeping it up!

I'm on the same week - just completed W3. I actually felt good at the 23 min point so I then did some intervals. 1 min faster running, and 2 min walks until I got to 4k. Yay!
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i've had to stop because i've buggered my leg. It hurts so bad after the mildest of exercise i can't walk on it and i feel like throwing up from the pain! Ive been to the doctor and she was 0% useful so im going to go see someone again this week. So bummed i cant continue, i actually like the treadmill
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    So today will be run 1 of week 6. A few weeks ago when I looked ahead...week 5 and 6 were terrifying. The other night I completed week 5 and I was certain that there was NO WAY I could run for 20 min straight. Suprise, suprise! I did it and I survived....now my only concern is that winter has hit Alberta. I'm still hoping to finish my C25K on schedule...but I guess we'll see if the weather cooperates!
  • alliooops
    Options
    So today will be run 1 of week 6. A few weeks ago when I looked ahead...week 5 and 6 were terrifying. The other night I completed week 5 and I was certain that there was NO WAY I could run for 20 min straight. Suprise, suprise! I did it and I survived....now my only concern is that winter has hit Alberta. I'm still hoping to finish my C25K on schedule...but I guess we'll see if the weather cooperates!

Fantastic! Well done! Week 6 eh? As I start Week 4 and am finding it difficult - I need to hear things like this. Hope you manage to finish your schedule but if not, can you get to a gym to do it on the treadmill?
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at the gym in the hospital where I work, and have done a few of my runs on the treadmill during my night shift breaks- so I could finish there. But it's harder to get there 3x a week (no childcare!!) unless I'm at work and I don't want to stay and run after a day shift or I won't see my babies at all that day. So...I'll try to keep up the night runs outside after they go to bed, or I'll just finish behind schedule as I can fit it in.

No matter what I won't quit. I want to say "I finished C25K and I can run for 30 mins!"
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hello- I am starting week 4 hopefully on monday....
  • MissMollieK
    Options
    I am super excited. I decided to start my week 4 today and was going to put it off because the weather is just nasty here- but ran anyway. I made it! I didn't think I would pull off running 2 five minute intervals and 2 three minute in a 30 min run! holy crap. After the first 5 min run, the second was easy. It was getting past the first few minutes and knowing I only had 1 more to go. I am hot, sweaty and cold at the same time. Next time I'll be wearing pants outside....brrr.... Got a question: my shins tend to get really tight, does anyone have any good stretches to keep me from having any injuries?
  • MissMollieK
    Options
    nice job! everyone!
  • MissMollieK
    Options
    I am on week 5 day 3 today but I can not decide if I am physically up to run today or not. I figured I could either do the run today - its nice enough, or do it tomorrow. If I don't do it today- I should make myself do some extra exercise because I sort of had a binge last night and need to burn more calories.... decisions....ughhhh...
  • alliooops
    Options
    Am so interested to hear how you get on with the 25 min run - it feels like a big jump up from the 8 minute run. Think I'm going to do that one more time before moving up. Good luck!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I've jsut downloaded Endomondo pro. it's not exactly c25k. But it's a start.
    I ran -walked ran 4.10 kms today in 25mins. It's my first week.
    I've been taking my old dog and he keeps stopping me......
  • alliesun98
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Allison...just joined the group! I have never run in my LIFE but decided to sign up for a 5K this coming November. I started C25K about 4 weeks ago. I'm on week 3, and can't seem to get past it. I've already repeated the week twice...kinda frustrated, but it seems this is a common theme, so I'm hopeful that if I just keep with it, I'll eventually get there :)
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Am so interested to hear how you get on with the 25 min run - it feels like a big jump up from the 8 minute run. Think I'm going to do that one more time before moving up. Good luck!
    I joined this group to ask this exact question!!!

I'm on week 5, next run will be day 2. I was looking ahead and am shocked at the big jump in time and am curious how people found it.
  • ShortMrsN
    Options
    So I have just completed week 5.

I had looked forward on my app at what was next but didn't look at all 3 days....each one is different!! Thought I was repeating 2 x 8 minutes.......

Today I ran 20 minutes non stop! I feel amazing! I ran at 10am for my last run and struggled so much with the last 2 minutes due to the heat (summer in NZ) Today I was out the door at 6.30am and it made all the difference :bigsmile:
  • ShortMrsN
    Options
    :cry: Oh dear......I seem to have killed the thread!!!

BUT I am excited to say that last night I ran for 25 mintues!! :smile:
  • ShortMrsN
    Options
    And now I realise this is an old thread!!! :blushing:

Nevermind, I've finished wk 7!! Next run is 28 minutes!!!