What to eat while doing Bikram Yoga?

Options
Luvnapo
Luvnapo Posts: 4 Member
Hi All!
I've noticed if I eat certain foods before doin Bikram Yoga I get nauseated! I know we're supposed to have an empty stomach for about 2 hours. I need 4 hours before I can do Bikram Yoga. I guess I can't digest fast enough!
What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Do we eat dinner at all?
I get home at 8 PM after a 90 minute Bikram Yoga session and I am too tired to eat anything substantial. Is eating late bad?
I take regular multivitamins and drink more than enough of the recommended water.

Replies

• calendula
    calendula Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Luvnapo,

I've just started Bikram Yoga but what seems to work for me is having a light salad before I go. No meat for sure; I did that once and it really threw me off. I've also found I'm not that hungry afterward... mostly I just want to drink oodles of water!
  • Luvnapo
    Luvnapo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Luvnapo,

I've just started Bikram Yoga but what seems to work for me is having a light salad before I go. No meat for sure; I did that once and it really threw me off. I've also found I'm not that hungry afterward... mostly I just want to drink oodles of water!

Hi calendula,
    I guess a light salad is good. I regret eating meat before Bikram Yoga. Maybe tofu next time. This yoga really forces you to eat healthy otherwise you won't be able to practice properly!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Hi Luvnapo,

Along those lines, I just did a Bikram session for the first time in months and was panicking about what to eat before going. I ended up making a smoothie with kale, avocado, and almond milk, and didn't get too nauseated.
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I really try to follow the instructors' suggestions about not eating 3 hours before class. But, when challenged for time and feeling famished ... I have an apple. I've found that it stops the hunger pangs and I can eat it within 30 mins of class.