Week #1

Hello all my fellow plankers!!! Hope you all have started or have a plan to start this challenge. Its week 1 and I am feeling really good about this challenge.

I started this am with 2/60!!!. I did 1 minute rested then did another minute. The shakes kicked in about 45 seconds into the first one and the second one they started about 25 seconds into it. :tongue: But I did it 2 minutes down and 58 more to go!!

LETS GET IT IN FOLKS!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Replies

• usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    When I saw you number of days logged post it reminded me to go do my planks this morning, so I did 3 x 60 second planks.

I've decided to do 3 a day so I can actually have some rest days to allow my core to recover, so my plan is 5 days a week @ 3 mins a day will get me on target to finish

23Krp1.png
  • When I saw you number of days logged post it reminded me to go do my planks this morning, so I did 3 x 60 second planks.

I've decided to do 3 a day so I can actually have some rest days to allow my core to recover, so my plan is 5 days a week @ 3 mins a day will get me on target to finish

23Krp1.png

Thats a awesome plan!! My goal is to workout up to 2 minutes straight and move up from there.
  • JamirahMUA
    JamirahMUA Posts: 113 Member
    Oh my core definitely needs this! I did 1 minute high and one minute low.

exercise.png
  • usernamekelly1
    When I saw you number of days logged post it reminded me to go do my planks this morning, so I did 3 x 60 second planks.

23Krp1.png

Thats a awesome plan!! My goal is to workout up to 2 minutes straight and move up from there.

The most I can do is 2 mins straight, but there's no way I could do a rest and another min as the shakes start almost immediately (I've tried before) so although I can do more than a min, I can't do more sets at that time.

I like to aim high, lol and get over the 60 so my aim is to actually work up to been able to do 4 x 60 and eventually 2 x 2 (lol, I highly doubt this) I want to do the plank work in one session also, so I won't be splitting up during the day :)
  • Oh my core definitely needs this! I did 1 minute high and one minute low.

exercise.png

Mine were low planks but I will be switching it up. High, low, side. Heck maybe one leg up!!! lol
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    2 x 60 sec planks for me for today!
  • 5/60 completed :) 60 second duration x 5 with 2 min rest in between, the 5th had me shaking for the whole minute! :) I was in standard push up position for each, is that what 'high' is ?
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    2/60

2 low planks, held 60 sec. each, with a 60 sec. rest between.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    1/9/12 2/60 for me today they were harder than i thought they would be
  • usernamekelly1
    5/60 completed :) 60 second duration x 5 with 2 min rest in between, the 5th had me shaking for the whole minute! :) I was in standard push up position for each, is that what 'high' is ?

Fab start to the challenge, I'm not surprised you where shaking the whole time for the last one. Yes standard push up is high on elbows is low!

Just a quick question if I do a side plank do I have to do 60 seconds each side for it to count as 1? don't want to end up cheating :)
  • I did 4 x 90 seconds (normal) and 4 x 60 seconds (underarm) today

- Yes it does hurt -

we will see how much I can do tomorrow

then 1-2 days rest

greez from belgium, Sascha
  • You guys ROCK!!!! Im loving the motivation you guys are putting out there. Im resting tomorrw but Monday Im going to push for 2 minutes straight!!
  • LindaJWan
    LindaJWan Posts: 60 Member
    2/60 High Planks Done....thanks for the challenge!!
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Done 4x minutes today :) The shakes kicked in after about a minute, but I kept to it :)

CJXpp1.png
  • I did 4 x 90 seconds (normal) and 4 x 60 seconds (underarm) today

- Yes it does hurt -

we will see how much I can do tomorrow

then 1-2 days rest

greez from belgium, Sascha

Found the Ticker :-)

exercise.png
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Just waiting to get to the gym to do mine today. I'm building a circuit to be repeated 3 times, so hopefully I'll be 3 minutes in by the end of the day.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    So I decided to join and got started. I did 4/60 already. 1 minute high, 1 minute low, 30 second per side plank and then another minute high with leg circles. I hope I can keep it up :)

exercise.png
  • So I decided to join and got started. I did 4/60 already. 1 minute high, 1 minute low, 30 second per side plank and then another minute high with leg circles. I hope I can keep it up :)

exercise.png

You hope you can keep up!?!?!?! I think that is awesome, and you threw in leg circles to boot!! :noway: You are already ahead of the game!:smile:
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member

exercise.png