Anyone else get guilt and nervous?

Options
sicchi
sicchi Posts: 189 Member
Hey all! I'm Rachael from Melbourne australia. I have an issue..... after dieting for nearly all my 20's, I can't help but feel guilty on an up day. AND, during the whole up day, I keep thinking of the coming DD with dread and nervousness and that uneasy feeling "how will i cope". I have gotten through my DD's fine, but also with alot of restraint. I plan too and pick really filling foods, I just can't seem to shake this headspace I get in. I have only had 4 DD's so far as I went on holiday after my first week, so am getting back on track now... Am I alone in this? Does anyone else think this way and how do YOU cope?

Replies

• cici52
    cici52 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. THe diet mentality is hard to shake. I am on my third DD. The first two UDs felt bingy though they were under my kcal recommendation of 1943. However, yesterday, my third UD was not hungry and more relaxed. The first two DDs were very difficult but today not so much. The weight is starting to move downward and this feels more natural than dieting every day. I conciously put judgement about food "morality" away. Food is not good or bad. I have been logging daily for almost a month and will use the information to adjust behavior as needed. Logging and DDs are the only commitments. So much easier and I love being able to indulge in my favorite things on UDs if I want. Oddly, I don't crave things the way I used to. If I want something that used to be a problem, I eat it and record it. I know I have control. Long story short, I think the brain changes and those feelings subside. Keep up the good work and relax. You are doing great!

PS: I dieted off and on from age 10 to present age 60. Talk about a bad relationship with food....
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. THe diet mentality is hard to shake. I am on my third DD. The first two UDs felt bingy though they were under my kcal recommendation of 1943. However, yesterday, my third UD was not hungry and more relaxed. The first two DDs were very difficult but today not so much. The weight is starting to move downward and this feels more natural than dieting every day. I conciously put judgement about food "morality" away. Food is not good or bad. I have been logging daily for almost a month and will use the information to adjust behavior as needed. Logging and DDs are the only commitments. So much easier and I love being able to indulge in my favorite things on UDs if I want. Oddly, I don't crave things the way I used to. If I want something that used to be a problem, I eat it and record it. I know I have control. Long story short, I think the brain changes and those feelings subside. Keep up the good work and relax. You are doing great!

PS: I dieted off and on from age 10 to present age 60. Talk about a bad relationship with food....

Thanks! It's nice to know and hopefully todays DD will be easier. I too am a dietahloic, all my life it feels. Good luck to you with it as well!
  • mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's so easy to fall into the trap of thinking on the UD that you don't want to undo all the good of the DD - easy to end up being too conscious about the food and calories you consume on the UD.

I've found that I'm eating healthier food on the UD simply because I don't crave a sugar fix. That said if I do have a craving, I enjoy it, without going too overboard. Otherwise, I think the point of this type of diet is lost.

My DD's are Monday, Wednesday and Friday - so I also make sure I have the whole weekend as up days. That really helps me.