How often do you weigh?

Options
In the past when dieting through traditional methods I usually have fallen prey to weighing myself every dang day and then the depression that undoubtedly settles in when the scales have stalled or even gone up instead of down.

Just wondering what others do?

Thanks

Replies

• RunningGranny
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher. Same time, clothes-less. I have been told by many, that daily weighing is not good, but for me, I find the feedback reassuring. If it makes me frustrated or sad I put it away for a few days. :smile:
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am totally obsessed with the scale. I weigh throughout the day just to watch the fluctuations. I only take seriously my morning weigh in, but I don't let the little ups and downs discourage me. I have learned how my body works and how my weight loss pattern works, but I am still obsessed!!! :tongue:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Daily. I'm 4 years out now and it keeps me on-track. I could do a lot of damage in a week.
  • pljohnson001
    pljohnson001 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Daily. I'm 4 years out now and it keeps me on-track. I could do a lot of damage in a week.

I like to weigh every day, too because during the years I ate whatever was in front of me, and I gained 30 pounds "without knowing it," I stayed completely away from the scale. By weighing frequently, it keeps me from rationalizing away a series of big mistakes in food choices by telling myself they won't matter. Gaining for a few days in a row proves to me that I can't lie to myself anymore about what I'm doing.
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Once a week any more is just information overload to me. High salt one day could lead to more water retention the next etc. and would make me paranoid on a daily basis. I have been attending mandatory weekly workout/education sessions at the hospital for the last four months ( since surgery) and have weighed in only there.
  • _kim68_
    _kim68_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another daily scale watcher here! I just feel the need to do it every morning. :tongue:
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but only post my weight here once a week. Otherwise I would be posting a million times, and sometimes its just .2 loss!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    normally about 1-2 weeks between weigh ins as my monthly cycle is up in 4/5lbs twice a month(ovulation and week on)! so it keeps me from looking at the bad figures!! lol
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher but only record 1x/wk here. I occasionally go a few days without weighing but not often. Helps me know I am staying on track.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    I weigh nearly every day. I monitor what I eat carefully, and when I allow myself to have bites of fruit and carbs, I have noticed that the next day the number doesn't budge. I think that's my body's way of saying, "be careful!" Plus, I don't want to fall back on all of the progress I've made. I remember how much I used to avoid the scale, and now it's another tool in managing my weight.

Keep your head up. You might want to set specific days to weigh in for accountability. :)
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am also obsessed with the scale, I usually weigh every time I go to the bathroom, but I only count my weight on Monday mornings. I try not to let the numbers mess with my head :)
    Mandy
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh every day..sometimes not. I only "count it" once a week though. My weight normally fluctuates as much as 3 pounds up or down, so I would be driving myself batty if I tried to log it everyday.
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. I have become obsessed with the scale in the past so I didn't even buy one. I have to go down to my doctor's office if I want to weigh. It has been working for me and I like seeing the big loss numbers. :) Also, I don't get hung up on stalls and stuff cause I never see them.

-Rebekah
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the scale daily, first thing in the morning. I sometimes jump on again before bed just to learn how my body is shifting during the day and over night. I don't get discouraged by the scale though so I could understand leaving it for once a week or less if it made you upset or depressed.