Starting JMBR today!

Options
Hi everybody, just wanted to check in and say hello, as I'm sure I'll be here quite often from now on. My husband and I are starting today (9/3). We just finished Beachbody's Power 90 last week, which we started on Memorial Day. (We seem to be on some sort of weird holiday-start schedule) I saw pretty good results from P90 (14 pounds & some inches around the midsection), but it got quite tedious and boring doing basically the same couple of workouts for 90 days. We watched Workout 1 and Cardio 1 last night just to get an idea of what to expect today and I'm already excited by the liveliness of it. I did the first two levels of 30DS a few years ago but kind of petered out. The biggest gift that P90 gave me was the ability to get into a great habit and learn how to stick with something to achieve my goals. Now if I can lose another 14 pounds with Jillian, I'll be in healthy BMI range, and will only have 10 more to go until my goal weight. Definitely attainable!

PS - I'm kind of stoked not to have everyone in their brother trying to be my coach so they can sell me Shakeology. :wink:

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Loved your last comment. I think BB coaches are a nightmare on this. I alwYs report them. Always forget to check if the posts are removed though.
    You'll love BR. You don't have a chance to get bored of a workout. The cardio is more repetitive as you do it more often but I run instead on cardio days. Let us know how you get on.
  • bebezv
    bebezv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started today too!
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the madness! lol

You will really love the workouts, no chance of getting bored. I started workout 7 today.......ouch!
  • LoveBatallion
    LoveBatallion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I decided to post in here rather than create a whole other post-- I am also starting Body Revolution today and am really excited. I'm determined to keep thinking of small goals rather than think about 90 days. My goal for now is to finish the first week. <3:) Happy workouts everyone!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    yay! i'm 2 weeks away from finishing and i'm sad its coming to an end. lol i've actually liked cardio 3 the best (haaaated cardio 2). well good luck and welcome!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well, I have to say she kicked my butt, but we made it through! I definitely found I couldn't use as heavy dumbbells as I was used to in Power 90. Her moves brought me to fatigue entirely too quickly. Looking forward to workout 2 tomorrow!
  • westcoastchic
    westcoastchic Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh! I started today as well. I'm not doing the cardio DVD in the evening it seems like it will get too repetitive. I just went for a long walk.

Are you following the diet?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Day 2 for me. I did the first three weeks in August but then stopped. Started again yesterday. Workout two for me this evening. Looking forward to it.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am not following the diet. Thought about the 7 day kickstart but I can't find a 7 day period in my schedule right now that allows me to be eating at home for a full 7 days.

When I started P90, I did the 1200 cal diet and was dragging through the workouts. Now I try to eat about 1500-1600 and feel much better. I just try to avoid processed food and refined sugar as much as I can. It worked for me through the summer, so I'm just going to try to keep that up and try to stay within my MFP macros as best as I can.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    How's everyone getting on? Did workout 2 just know. Only 1.5kg weights and no adaptations but found it ok. Going to have to 'up' it a bit more tomorrow.
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wanted to say hello!! I am 1/2 way through week 3 right now and I love it!! I think you will really like it!! I think it is a bit more intense than P90 for sure! I do use as heavy weight as I can and do the plyo versions.