Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

Options
13»

Replies

• Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do a fruit Greek yogurt w/ flax seeds or one of the Kashi cereals (really like the toasted berry crumble),
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal of the day.... gonna have to try some of these ideas! I'm with the parfait - fruit, light yogurt, crunchy cereal! It's delish and filling!!
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    At the preschool we worked at the kids would often get banana roll ups...
    Tortilla (they used just regular flour tortillas but you can use whatever kind you want, whole wheat or whatever)
    A little peanut butter and honey mix together and spread on the tortilla then you wrap the banana in it. I don't like bananas and could always eat this.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    My 'breakfast' consists of a wrap with avocado, greens/salad, and about a third of a chicken... of course my breakfast is usually around 1pm. :wink:
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I saw a box of Emerald Breakfast on the Go. The flavor is Apples & Cinnamon Oatmean Nut Blend. It has Apple Oatmeal Clusters, Apple Cinnamon Glazed Almonds, Raisins and Dried Apple Slices. There are 5 pouches in each box. Each pouch is 1.5 oz and is 180 calories. They are delicious!!!
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just had a Salsa omlette this morning. it was so delicious here is what was in it.

1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 piece of american cheese (optional)
    1-2 oz of turkey
    2 Tbsp of chunky medium salsa

I cooked the egg whites first then when they were done just put the rest on top of it. It was something new and i really liked it and it was only 158 calories for all of that.

Ive done omlets where i did 4tbs egg whites just a sprinkle of cheese then load with veggies tomatoes, red and green bell peppers, avacado, spinach, zuccini sometimes and top with a little salsa and plain yogurt sometimes i even have a piece of turkey bacon its about the same calories and soooo good
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    This still uses eggs, but is definitely non traditional.

2 eggs (I use whole eggs)
    1/4 cup Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
    1/2 cup cooked rice
    2 TBS sugar free syrup

Cook eggs and sausage. Heat rice. Add all ingredients together and eat. High in protein, and carbs, but not bad depending on the type of rice used.

I'm not a big Breakfast person, honestly. Alot of the time I just eat leftovers whenever it is I decide I'm hungry.