Okay. Tell me this is normal and good!!!

Options
I'm freaking out.

I know part of it is water weight from a bit too much wine this past weekend. At least, I think it is.

But...my pants have never been this tight. And it all happened so quickly! I went from normal about a week ago...to then the bloated legs from over-training, to now...I don't have the same bloated feeling, but my pants are tighter across my thighs and booty.

Please, please tell me this is muscle. This is my booty being more lifted and firm, and my legs getting stronger. Because I'm having a difficult time. I don't like the feeling of my pants being this tight. I'm not used to it. And it's really uncomfortable.

I'm not totally miserable over this, I just need to hear people say "This is NORMAL! This is GOOD!" LOL

Replies

• AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Or not. I guess it's not normal and good. :ohwell:
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Yup. My pants are doing the same because of my strength and HIIT training. :) completely normal! (although I agree...it weirds you out at first!! lol)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    For me its Normal.

I stepped up my workouts pretty good, and notice I retain water for longer. Almost .5" around my waist. However if I stop training for 2 days, I lose a couple of lbs and that .5" around my wait.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    For me its Normal.

I stepped up my workouts pretty good, and notice I retain water for longer. Almost .5" around my waist. However if I stop training for 2 days, I lose a couple of lbs and that .5" around my wait.

Oh this makes me feel so much better. Thank you. Because I gained a .5" around my waist too. I've recently cut back my workouts because I was over training, so hopefully, I'll notice a difference after a couple days.

Today is a rest day. I'm hoping to feel a little bit closer to normal tomorrow.

Hopefully, permanently cutting back on my workouts will eventually put me back in a better place.

Maybe I'm still seeing/feeling the effects of the months of over training?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    For me its Normal.

Oh this makes me feel so much better. Thank you. Because I gained a .5" around my waist too. I've recently cut back my workouts because I was over training, so hopefully, I'll notice a difference after a couple days.

Hopefully, permanently cutting back on my workouts will eventually put me back in a better place.

That could be it as well. For me, when I was overtraining, i just did 30 minute walks, nothing crazy, and that was it for like a couple of days to recover.

The body does indeed need to recover at various times.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    For me its Normal.

That could be it as well. For me, when I was overtraining, i just did 30 minute walks, nothing crazy, and that was it for like a couple of days to recover.

The body does indeed need to recover at various times.

Yeah...and I did do recovery weeks throughout P90X...kinda. Not really. Recovery is basically supposed to be stretching and yoga for a week, and I definitely didn't do that.

My recovery week isn't supposed to be for another week, but I think I may start it now. Let my body catch up with the work I've been pressing it to do.